Tamatown

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BringbackTamatown

Reaction score
Hey tamagotchi lovers! I know Im kind of (really) behind on this topic, but I REALLY wanted to see what everyone else thinks. Who believes they should bring back Tamatown? Ive seen the new Tamagotchi toys, and Ive played the new online website, but none of it can compare to the original toys and online game. So please, help me out! Lets see if we can get the old Tamatown back! I know its a long shot, but its always worth trying. :)

I actually love the new Tamagotchi toys and site, and although I'd love for TamaTown to still exist, I think it's better to let it Rest In Peace now. :)

You can still play most of the games that were in e-tamago (Japanese TamaTown for the En-Tama), Ura-TamaTown, the Tamagotchi School page and Tama & Earth EXPO.

The games are in Japanese, but most of them don't require knowing the language...

Some of the games of the English TamaTown (or very similar ones) can be found in these pages, and the Tama & Earth EXPO's games are the same games we had for the V5 (but in Japanese).

e-tamago

Ura-TamaTown

Tamagotchi School

Tama & Earth EXPO

I know it's not the same as being able to connect into the website directly, with your Tamagotchi, but at least it's something...

Sorry to be so pessimistic, but TamaTown was closed down AGES ago (I've lost track, but I remember I was an immature idiot and raged about it, meaning it must've been a while ago) and I don't think we really have any hope of getting it back. BanDai have long since moved on and, given their previous responses to fan requests (i.e. not listening to us at all) I'd say the probability of getting TamaTown back is something close to 0%.

I totally agree with you that the new Tama stuff doesn't measure up to how things were back in 2006-2010 (hence the fact that I lost interest in Tamagotchi a couple of years ago) but the Tamagotchi franchise being the way it used to be just isn't a possibility anymore. Things change, and Tamagotchi was inevitably going to change - and will inevitably change even more in the future!

For now, we'll just have to wait until Bandai decides to make a new TamaTown. If that will ever happen.. -_- And if they do, let's hope that it wont turn out to be a piece of crap..*Sorry for my language :p * And don't forget, we still have the memories of TamaTown. :) 9 year old memories..

Last edited by a moderator:
The design of the original TamaTown would be archaic by today's standards. There aren't too many self-contained sites that people go to anymore to play little games or do random activities. A lot of that is now reserved for mobile/tablet apps and Facebook games. Kids today and their iPads....

I think that they made a step in the right direction with Dream Town to keep up with the times....making it more "RPG-esque" by allowing you to play as a Tamagotchi character, talk to NPC's, do little "quests," that's a good concept! The problem? They made it too linear and tedious.

Either way, at 21, not 11, I'm too old for these sites anyways :p Like y'all are saying, memories are enough.

That reminds me...Remember when Bandai announced Dream Town? I remember that, and I was hoping that it'll be like TamaTown, but I was completely wrong..I wish Bandai would still do that, but since they can't gain much from free town games, that ain't gonna happen.

also, bandai, and many other companies would like to push their future products and not live in the past of the old ones

I've never had the chance to see and play Tamatown, but I really would like to.... But I'm sure Bandai will never bring up something from the past, this is their well-known policy and a very common way of doing things nowadays. So, I can't even have any memories of that.

You can still play most of the games that were in e-tamago (Japanese TamaTown for the En-Tama), Ura-TamaTown, the Tamagotchi School page and Tama & Earth EXPO.

The games are in Japanese, but most of them don't require knowing the language...

Some of the games of the English TamaTown (or very similar ones) can be found in these pages, and the Tama & Earth EXPO's games are the same games we had for the V5 (but in Japanese).

e-tamago

Ura-TamaTown

Tamagotchi School

Tama & Earth EXPO

I know it's not the same as being able to connect into the website directly, with your Tamagotchi, but at least it's something...
@SA311: I tried to read and click on your links but nothing happened... am I doing something wrong? I really wish I could at least try a bit of these games...

(I didn't dare writing on your original post because I fear it could be necroposting...)

I've never had the chance to see and play Tamatown, but I really would like to.... But I'm sure Bandai will never bring up something from the past, this is their well-known policy and a very common way of doing things nowadays. So, I can't even have any memories of that.

@SA311: I tried to read and click on your links but nothing happened... am I doing something wrong? I really wish I could at least try a bit of these games...

(I didn't dare writing on your original post because I fear it could be necroposting...)

You have to right-click the page (close to the top left corner) and press "play" after you click the link :)

As Eternal Mametchi Fan said, you have to right-click on the page that appears after clicking on one of the games.

For example, if you choose the "Clean" game on e-Tamago, you would get to this page.

If you click on the page using the right button, something like this should appear:

35a7rwp.jpg

You just have to choose "Play".

fz5hdz.jpg

Oh thanks!! :D I would have never guessed I had to right-click on it! XD thank you so much! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back