Ever worried if vintage Tamagotchis on the online market will dwindle and disappear?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TacticalMaster

Reaction score
I've been thinking... Have you all ever wondered if every vintage Tamagotchis on the online market will dwindle and disappear, FOREVER?

I've seen lots of people here enjoy trying to collect Tamagotchis and I think it's become on the rise. I don't know how much of the virtual pets that Tamagotchi produced but I am betting it might not be enough to support the "1 billion" human population, if there are ever that many Tamagotchi collectors around the world.

If you ask me, I may assume there will be a point in the future where the vintage Tamagotchis available online will eventually dwindle because of dead collectors, collector freaks, or people who just forget about it after getting it on impulse or whatever, meaning that those are now a lost cause and subtracts one for the count of all the total Tamagotchis available.

Bandai's pretty much looking into the future and abandoning the past. I'd say they prefer to do new things for the sake of keeping their company alive so they'd try to keep satisfying the world. So I guess they wouldn't have any interest attracting nostalgic consumers. Well although...Tamagotchi Angel did had a rerelease and it was just roughly a year lived. (I dunno how the people felt about it.)

So what would you think would happen if those classic Tamagotchis are no longer obtainable? Cause once all those last few vintage Tamagotchis are no more, you could say bye bye to Tamagotchi nostalgia because that's the last Tamagotchi collected by another aspiring collector. What would you do next then after that happens? Or, you think Bandai may have plans to help out on those who wish to travel back on the Tama-WABAC? (Heh heh heh...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my O_O Well Bandai Japan recently released a vintage Tamagotchi card and cover set, so I guess that kinda appeals to nostalgic fans, but anyway, hmm....

I have noticed that Devilgotchis and Santagotchis rarely appear on eBay nowadays, but I think Tamagotchis like P1 and P2 won't be disappearing any time soon. As they become more scarce, their prices will increase a lot and people might be less likely to buy them. But there will always be people selling them, I think; losing interest or maybe getting into tough money situations. I see lots of vintages for sale on Yahoo Japan, so yeah, there'll be Japanese people selling them too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back