Sign in to follow this  
Eternal Mametchi Fan

Does anyone know of a vpet that fits this description?

Hello! When I was about 10 years old, maybe younger, I saw a digital virtual pet/device in Target for pretty cheap... I think it was $10 or less. But anyway, I only saw it ONCE and the next time I went to Target, it wasn't there. I've never seen or heard about it since then, and I even looked through some of those oddpet websites but I don't think I found it... I'm not sure if it was even a pet, maybe just some other random animal-related device.

But anyway, I remember the toy or packaging being mostly red. It was rectangle-shaped, with only two buttons, and it was at a 45-degree angle in the packaging. I thought it was called "My Pet Shop" or something similar, but I googled that and couldn't find anything accurate. I think there was a building on the packaging, presumably a pet shop, and there were some pixelated animals including a bat.

Does this pet ring any bells? I doubt it, but it's worth a shot asking. :)

Could it have been one of the "Littlest Pet Shop" virtual pets? Those are somewhat rectangular, and have two buttons. There was a shell made that was mostly red as well. As for the packaging, well...it's at the 45 degree angle you mentioned, but the designs on the packaging seem a bit different from what you said.

I have NO idea how to attach a picture to a post, otherwise I would T___T

First thing that popped into my mind was the vmigo pets. They have a directional pad too, very... gameboy color like? I will ponder...

Nope, I have a few LPS pets and it wasn't them. :0

It wasn't Vmigo either ;3; Probably was an obscure no-name brand never to be seen again XD

I totally remember that packaging with the building on it! Now I must go try and remember the name...Target has not had very many over the years...with the cheapest being the reboot of Giga Pets that plugged into the device where you could play them on your TV or something like that...Then there was the LPS devices that was mentioned above, and the Vmigo, another dog type virtual pet thing, and then this one that you mention. Argh! I think there was also a hipster one something to do with fashion. I'll be back..I have to go think about this LOL.

Quick search and I found the rectangle one I was thinking had something to do with fashion...it's called Pixel Chix...Its like a virtual polly pocket LOL. COuld this be the one? It has more than two buttons, but it is a rectangle with a building on top of it! Here is a listing: http://www.amazon.com/Pixel-Chix-Love-Shop-Mall/dp/B000FNNZDQ

Edited by cmarie

I totally remember that packaging with the building on it! Now I must go try and remember the name...Target has not had very many over the years...with the cheapest being the reboot of Giga Pets that plugged into the device where you could play them on your TV or something like that...Then there was the LPS devices that was mentioned above, and the Vmigo, another dog type virtual pet thing, and then this one that you mention. Argh! I think there was also a hipster one something to do with fashion. I'll be back..I have to go think about this LOL.

Quick search and I found the rectangle one I was thinking had something to do with fashion...it's called Pixel Chix...Its like a virtual polly pocket LOL. COuld this be the one? It has more than two buttons, but it is a rectangle with a building on top of it! Here is a listing: http://www.amazon.com/Pixel-Chix-Love-Shop-Mall/dp/B000FNNZDQ

pixel chix actually cost a heck of a lot more than $10. Probably more like $25 and they werent "cheaply made" or anything.

pixel chix actually cost a heck of a lot more than $10. Probably more like $25 and they werent "cheaply made" or anything.

When I saw them in stores, they were on clearance...fyi. SO the price was really low. There were others around that same price range on clearance as they were going out of style. I didn't purchase one as I thought it was lame, but I did buy this snowglobe with a pet penguin in it :) This had to have been around 2006-2007 when I moved out with my husband.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By kimcherries
      I remember owning a penguin virtual pet around 10 years ago, but I have no clue what it's called and have had zero success finding it online. It was white and the shape of an igloo, I believe about 4 inches long. It had a fairly large screen and a few buttons below the screen (I think there were 4 or 5?) I'd love to know if anyone owns one of these or knows what I'm referencing! I don't have a photo of it unfortunately. 
    • By Haruspexx
      So, back in 1998 or 1999, my mother had gotten me this virtual pet from Avon - I know nothing about it, besides what it looks like [sadly I don't know where it is at the moment, so I can't take a reference image].

It was blue and green, round, and came on a rubber wrist strap, that made it look like a chunky watch made to resemble the earth at first glance.
      I don't remember much about it, besides the fact that it could evolve either into a T-Rex or a Pterodactyl, and the discipline option was particularly disturbing to me as a child, because it showed a person shouting and shaking a wand of some sort at the dinosaur xD.

I know this isn't a lot to go off of, but has anyone else ever encountered one?
      I've done some googling and couldn't find a trace of this particular virtual pet anywhere online, although there are so many in existence that I'm not terribly surprised.
    • By Eggiweg
      https://www.facebook.com/GigaPetsAreBack/
      http://gigapetsar.com/
      http://gigapetsar.com/design-contest/
    • By KidRetro64
      Hey Tamagotchi FanGirls!
      Really hype today (Partly cause I literally just booted up my LPS Tama) for some reason!
      So My LPS started up like how you would when you just got a new brand of VPet for the first time and have no idea what you are doing with it!

Well first of all I had no idea what I was doing (of course) and somehow ended up in a train station being carted around in a train like it was nobodys business XD
      Then I went to the doctors I think? Not exactly sure but I could just make out a catipillar or something next to me.
      Then the screen froze😬❄
      Yeah, rough start.
      Is there a de-bug button or something like that?
      (Btw the screen froze on the bottom of what seemed like a massive building? Not exactly sure!
      Any help would be approved!
    • By Penguin-keeper
      Much like The Works did in December of 2017, the UK discount chain Poundland is currently selling cheap virtual pets. However, unlike the ones sold by The Works, which cost £3 or £4 at the time (before later being reduced to £2), the Poundland ones are, of course, cheaper!

This is the first time that I'm aware of that it's been possible to walk into a mainstream British retail store and buy a virtual pet for £1.

They're marketed as Digi Pets (and, in French, Animaux Pixellisés), and are distributed by a company called Keycraft Global. The packaging indicates that these are a 2018 release for this company.

Naturally, the software used on this virtual pet is the oh-so-common 168-in-1 program that's commonly found on counterfeit Tamagotchis.

However, as you can see, this virtual pet isn't trying to fool anyone into thinking that it's a Tamagotchi, so it's not a fake itself. The packaging carries fanciful pictures of generic-looking pixel animals along with the name Digi Pets/Animaux Pixellisés, and the generic heart-shaped shell carries similar pictures along with the name "Jia Yuan", making it clear that it's just a cheap, generic virtual pet.

I actually already have a penguin-shaped 168-in-1 virtual pet, which I've written about before. However, because of the pictures on the Digi Pets packaging, and because the packaging doesn't state that it's a 168-in-1 pet (or claim any number of pets at all), I took a chance on it to see if it has any changes from the usual 168-in-1 software.

Whilst the software is largely the same in what it offers, this virtual pet uses a slightly different revision of it to the one that I reviewed before, which was a nice surprise for the gamble of £1! These are the differences that I've found so far with this version;

1: The pet sometimes gets sick, which doesn't seem to happen on my penguin-shaped 168-in-1 pet.

2: Weight-loss works correctly when your pet takes part in activities that should cause them to lose weight, such as games and work.

3: It doesn't poop as much, though it does still sometimes do so several times in a row, calling you again immediately after you've cleaned up the previous poop.

4: The display stays on for much longer, meaning that the unit doesn't go into sleep-mode every few minutes. This means that the pet is active and able to call for your attention for longer periods of time (something that it cannot do when it goes into sleep-mode).

5: It appears to actually keep time - and fairly well, at that. The penguin-shaped version that I have forgets what time it is after a little while, but this one doesn't seem to have done so yet.

I haven't found any more differences yet, but these changes alone make this version a little bit more fun than the 168-in-1 pet that was already in my collection.

The other main difference is outside of the software, though - the casing, and the printing/painting on it, is a bit better-made than my penguin-shaped one (which, ironically enough, cost me £3, so it was £2 more expensive than this one).

As I said back when I reviewed the penguin-shaped version last December, I find these cheap generic virtual pets to be fun for what they are - a weird, non-complex virtual pet that you can buy for pocket-change. I still feel the same way. These are never going to compete with a Tamagotchi, but they're clearly not supposed to - they're just a random oddity.

Still, if any British collectors around here want to add a strange little virtual pet to their collection, Poundland is the place to go right now! These do seem to be the first-ever £1 virtual pets to be sold by a big national chain, after all!
    • By Birbplant
      Hi! New here (I might make an introduction post later).
      I've been trying to ID an old Virtual pet and thought someone here might be able to shed some light.

When I was a kid I was given a Dinosaur virtual pet. I remember the shell being red. I seem to remember it being chunky like a dinky dino, only when I looked into info in the Dinkie Dino it seems like it wasn't the same. I remember my dino would change into different things depending on how you cared for it, like a Pteranodon or a Sauropod (whose sprite was so big you could only see its neck and head) and I don't think Dinkie Dino has those kinds of evolutions so I wonder if maybe I had something different? It would be interesting to know if other people had this vpet.