Have you ever gotten somebody into Tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuu

Reaction score
I gave one of my v6's to a friend the other day and he won't stop asking me questions and bothering me about Eon(currently a tamatchi i forgot to reset before giving him). I'm glad that he's so into it but... I don't know how this'll end or if he'll continue with any Tamagotchis after she ages into an adult.

Anyways, it's nice to have someone close that's (sort of) into Tamas. He doesn't know much about any others since he doesn't have Internet access besides his phone but I'm considering buying him a better shell. Maybe I'm just getting ahead of myself though.

I'm kinda getting a friend into them. He saw my V3 shell design (the union jack one) and it's suddenly made him want to get into them. He had one as a kid but lost it or it broke or something.

He constantly goes on about buying one but never does, and I'm wondering if he ever will..

Yep, I got this user into Tamagotchis :)

I also got my baby sister into Tamagotchi... her first word was "Tama" and she says it whenever she says a Tamagotchi character or toy. :mellow:

Well I (kinda) got my brother into Tamagotchi. He plays with them but only for like a day or two and then he forgets about it. (Poor thing is half dead when I find it). My best friend also showed an intrest in Tamagotchis and I got one for her. (I don't think she uses it though... :p ) And there was also a girl in my Girl Scout troop who liked my Music Star when I showed it to her and later she bought a Giga Pet. Wow I didn't know that I helped that many people get into Tamagotchis. ^_^

Someone? Back in 2006, my friend and I were the ones who started the Tamagotchi trend at our school - literally! We started bringing our Tamagotchis to school, and before we knew it, everyone had one!

I got my friend a TF for her birthday.

She sometimes connects with me, but she doesn't seem to be too interested sadly.

I got a good friend of mine a Tamagotchi Friends for Christmas! They love it and we'd bump when we saw eachother at school~ <3

~Miau :wub:

i had gotten two of my friends into tamagotchi and they both are getting one each! ^_^

~bbbits :babytchi:

I'm rekt

He finally got out of them and gave the music star back on the 20th, right before school

And he's quitting marching band so I won't be as close with him anymore

Kms

Yup! Got my best friend into the v5 by loaning her mine. Got her and me a Friends Dream Town! (Still being shipped though... *raises fist to the sky* AMAZOOOON!!)

Nope, my friend got me into them though/started the 2008 trend out our school. She had one, gave one to a mutual friend as a birthday present, and with the whole infrared connection thing soon everybody had one and we were connecting them at breaks at school....I've tried getting my friends into them especially with the "able to buy in stores" tamagotchi friends line (since a lot of them are scared of ebay) but they think $20 is too expensive for something so "simple". :/ I've also tried to give my friends some of my connections as presents hoping they'd get into it and we'd be able to connect them and stuff, but they were excited for like one day before they gave up on it (makes me wish I would have kept them so they'd be appreciated). oh well.

Can't say I have. It'd be really cool to get someone into tamas, though! :D

Yes! I actually learned about Tamas back in the 90's when I was still in grade school by someone telling me about them, and it's only natural to try and share them with others. I have given them to friends as gifts in hopes that it would catch on, but most just like them for the fun of it and then never touch them again...or just when they come over and I'm running one they'll ask to play for a moment but quickly lose interest. I have gifted them to kids I babysat when I was younger, cousins, a friend and her daughter...and I am sure there are more. They never really took off like I did though, but that is OK. I don't run mine constantly, maybe just a few times of year as I am so busy with work and life that I don't have enough free time. Adulting is hard! Haha. Right now as I type this I am on my break at work. I have my new Dream Town tama here up on my PC screen keeping me company. It's always fun to see what clients say when they see it!

I got some friends into them with the originals back in 1997 after they saw mine. It was short-lived though; they gave theirs to me when they got tired of them. I got my hubby interested a little bit--he'll play with one once in a while, usually a v5, but not for long.

My bf asked me a few days ago if he could borrow my Digimon v2 and I would run my v1 and we could battle. :D
It's so much fun! ^_^

tumblr_nqyxrzyoE31soif0yo1_540.jpg

I let my boyfriend borrow my Morino since he's studying entomology and he loves it!! :D

When I got my 1st tama, I got many of my classmates hooked. When I recently re-started my tama craze, I got a few of my friends hooked. Lol!

Not really, because some of my good friends already had their own Tamagotchis during the primary school years. It was really fun to connect Tamas with them. n v n I miss those years.

Sometimes I did encourage them to bring Tamas to school though (they weren't forbidden at school here, but the rule was to keep them quiet during class), so we could play with them together.

Literally caused a tamagotchi apocalypse at my old elementary school. 3 years of pure tamagotchi. Going to see if I can re-instigate a tamapocalypse with my little sister bringing a tamagotchi friend there and see how it goes. Maybe it'll take off there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back