Rechargeable batteries in a P's or ID L

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

L raKC d

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it, and I'm not even sure if it's in the right category but oh well.

I've been told before and seen before that you shouldn't use rechargeable batteries in a tamagotchi.

Why is this? What'll happen if I do?

I can't really afford to keep buying batteries when we have rechargeable ones that would work.

Thanks guys

Laura

It can give uneven current and pretty much ruin your screen or conductors. It also says in the instruction booklet to use regular AAA. Some work better then others. I buy cheaper ones for my 4u since it eats them like cookies. Where the same batteries are fine in other color tamas. If you have a dollar store, give them a visit. The typical sunbeam ones are fine.

It can give uneven current and pretty much ruin your screen or conductors. It also says in the instruction booklet to use regular AAA. Some work better then others. I buy cheaper ones for my 4u since it eats them like cookies. Where the same batteries are fine in other color tamas. If you have a dollar store, give them a visit. The typical sunbeam ones are fine.
Okay, thank you so much for your quick reply. Do you think just using them just until they die like normal batteries will be okay? They'll most likely only last a week or two longer than standard batteries

I know of people who use rechargeable batteries and nothing bad happened to their Tamagotchis, but it's probably best to be careful.

Having the screen contrast as low as possible helps the batteries last longer.

Well, just know it might be possible to have the battery image show up more... when the charge is not gone fully. If you feel it is safe to use them, go for it. I just would rather to heed the warning then ruin something that can be hard to replace.

Despite the instructions, I have used rechargeable batteries in my colour-screened Tamagotchis for years now. At one stage I was going through so many AAAs that it felt incredibly wasteful, so I made the switch to (good quality) rechargeable batteries. I have used them in all the different colour screen models, letting them die like normal batteries, and have never encountered a problem.

Obviously, Tamagotchi instruction manuals advise against rechargeable batteries and so using them may pose some sort of risk, whatever that may be. Contrary to other advice given here, I would like to clarify that rechargeable batteries do not inherently give uneven current: batteries of any type may produce uneven current if they are out of date. And even if current were to be uneven, a battery's voltage is defined, and so maximum voltage can never be exceeded so as to damage the electronic device & its wiring - all that would happen is that the device functions intermittently.

Hope some of this is helpful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite the instructions, I have used rechargeable batteries in my colour-screened Tamagotchis for years now. At one stage I was going through so many AAAs that it felt incredibly wasteful, so I made the switch to (good quality) rechargeable batteries. I have used them in all the different colour screen models, letting them die like normal batteries, and have never encountered a problem.

Obviously, Tamagotchi instruction manuals advise against rechargeable batteries and so using them may pose some sort of risk, whatever that may be. Contrary to other advice given here, I would like to clarify that rechargeable batteries do not inherently give uneven current: batteries of any type may produce uneven current if they are out of date. And even if current were to be uneven, a battery's voltage is defined, and so maximum voltage can never be exceeded so as to damage the electronic device & its wiring - all that would happen is that the device functions intermittently.

Hope some of this is helpful!
Thank you very much for your response. I think I'll get some high quality rechargeables and use those :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back