What tama should I buy?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

horse_raisins

Reaction score
I just got $62.30 as a birthday present. I've checked online and there are plenty of tamas within my price range & I'm just wondering what type I should purchase. I did a lot of research but I still can't decide between new gen Japanese ones or original English ones. I can't find any English iDLs (obviously ideal for a white girl) withing $62.30, but I suppose I should be capable of using a Japanese one, although I'm not the most competent Japnese speaker even after 4 years of lessons. I'm leaning towards the P's, especially since I saw an English patch. That's mostly Because I like colour tamas and the shell is really pretty. The 4U doesn't look as good - it only has 10 characters and that useless NFC junk. Pierces also look like a fun way to spend my money. But original v1 to 5 look neato and I saw some v1s for like $3 even though they're most likely not legit. Should I consider saving my money or even buying a tama-type LPS game? This will be my first tama so what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I'd say Tamagotchi P's. It can be confusing for beginners but adding the English patch would make it easy enough. It has lots of features, even more than the iD L, and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it. It'll also last you a long time, 'cause you can collect TamaTomos to unlock destinations and stuff.

Connection Tamagotchis are very nice as well but remember they're very simple (but still charming) compared to color screen releases. You could by some Connections later on if you want. :)

I'll suggest either a P's/iD L (Jap) if you want to go for a colored tamagotchi.

For non-colored tamagotchi, there are lots of versions (V1 to 5.5) and the prices varies. I would suggest that you do some reading before deciding on one. :D

I fell in love with my tamagotchi p's. They're really pretty and the colour screen made my mind blow after using my tamagotchi friends.

The Japanese was no obstacle for me, I just looked up a guide. There are all sorts of cute surprises in it too. You can buy wearable clothes

and hats, wallpapers and toys for your tama to play with. If you get bored easily, it's really great that you can buy the deco piercings too.

I recommend 100%. :D I love it so much ^.^

I've personally never had a colored Tamagotchi, but I do have a Tamagotchi v4.5, a v6, and a v7. Out of all I love my v4.5 and v6 the most. I love my connections because of their portable sizes and they're really fun, and whenever I play them I always feel... hispter and retro, using a gadget back from the early 2000's. But seriously, I always recommend the v6 to music lovers and the v4.5 to anyone who is looking for a challenge.

Well, hope this helps! Good luck choosing your Tama!

About to order a Melody Land P's. Good choice? Or should I keep looking? :huh: I like the colour and it coming with a Pierce is a big bonus. It's only like $6 more than a regular one which was $32. I was going to get the Love & Melody set but the pierce isn't as pretty and neither is the tama's colour, even though I like the actual pierce data more. I guess I'll just buy the pierce seperately. I thought about the Aikatsu! one but it was like $20 more and looked pretty blah, considering it's a special colour. I even considered the Dream Coffret version, but the colours looked weird. (pink and yellow? :p ) The Melody Land set is a lighter colour than the regular purple - way prettier and it's better value too even if I wanted the regular purple which is $55. :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
About to order a Melody Land P's. Good choice? Or should I keep looking? :huh: I like the colour and it coming with a Pierce is a big bonus. It's only like $6 more than a regular one which was $32. I was going to get the Love & Melody set but the pierce isn't as pretty and neither is the tama's colour, even though I like the actual pierce data more. I guess I'll just buy the pierce seperately. I thought about the Aikatsu! one but it was like $20 more and looked pretty blah, considering it's a special colour. I even considered the Dream Coffret version, but the colours looked weird. (pink and yellow? :p ) The Melody Land set is a lighter colour than the regular purple - way prettier and it's better value too even if I wanted the regular purple which is $55. :wub:
actually screw that it said free shipping and only 39.40 but it ended up $84 becuase no free shipping and thenit didnt translate from USD to AUD.

Did you find one? I found my tamagotchi p's on amazon for a lot cheaper than on ebay (i got the dream cofferet yellow and pink set and its actually really pretty)

I would recommened the idl's or the p's, you can do lots with them and i love these two versions. Idl's are cheaper in the long run though as you don't need to buy pierces for extra content and some pierces are starting to get expensive.

However you can't beat the older tamagotchis, my favourites are the keitais/akais and entamas, there's something nice about the simplicity of the older ones, the tamagotchi connections should be a lot cheaper too.

Keep looking/researching if you haven't already ordered one, each version is fun and cute in its own way :)

I would recommend the tamagotchi v6 music star it's my fave and I also like the tamagotchi p's I don't have one but have played with one but my v6 is my definite fave. Hope this helps good luck jorgmae.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back