Making a PC into a Console

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can make one your own. It's far fetched to do it alone though. Plus, the coding will be really complex and you'll have to have people or companies working on games that are compatible on your console. Also, exporting everything to a hardware will also take some time. I do know an easier way, but you have to spend a little money to afford it. It's the DIY Gamer Kit where you can make your own portable console but the only things you can make are simple games, such as tetris, snake, and maybe even a Tamagotchi. f you're interested here's a link: https://www.techwillsaveus.com/shop/diy-kits/diy-gamer-kit-with-arduino-pre-built/

Licensing would be the hardest though, if you want it to be a real thing where people could make games and you to make money from, you need someone to pick it up (Sega, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, smaller companies) for everything to happen. If it's for your own entertainment though, you shouldn't have to worry about any of these.

Are you talking about literally making a console, or just plugging one into your computer? Because like, I guess you could make your own console. And I'm not gonna say you can't do it on your own, because you could, it just takes a lot of time and dedication. I've worked on a couple indie game projects with friends, and they all just never ended up happening, even after months of work, because people would always flake, and nobody knew how much dedication it would take. So, keep that in mind!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back