Help with Tama P's

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittywolf13

Reaction score
Ok so i am waiting for my first Tama P, and im thinking about patching it to english so i can enjoy it more. I have a few questions:

1.) do the patches run any risk of ruining your tama? You know how you jail break your phone and it expires your warranty and might do something to your phone? will it effect my tama in any way?

2.) im looking for a compatiable phone or other device to download the patches to be able to send them to my tama to be. I've done a few searchs here, and most of the phones listed are like 50+ bucks even used. :( and the list from tama zone wont load for me... im having issues with them at the moment. so i figured id ask. Somewhere i have an old sony ericson... but i dont think that had infared... does the razor have infared? (my husband still has one of those) im looking specifically for older phones that no one would want so it would make them cheap to find. :) or if there is a dongle or something that is proven to work i'll do that too!

thanks for any info... and if i think of anything else i'll be sure to come back and post.

Hello!

1) As far as I am concerned, I have patched my P's for over a year already and its still running perfectly :D

2) I use the Sony Ericsson Z520i, it was my old old phone, so I didn't have to pay for it. If used phones are too expensive for you, you might want to consider getting a irDA. But I heard they are quite tricky to use. But there are a lot of guides around, so don't worry :D

Good luck in finding one! :D

1) I have never seen anyone have an issue as long as they've followed the ReadMe file in the Patch zip.

Mr Blinky does put in a disclaimer though that he and the Tama sites aren't responsible if something does go wrong.

The Patch come with a failsafe to stop them installing on the wrong firmware so Mr Blinky has made them as safe as a non official hack can be.

2) I have copied over the compatible phone thread started by tamagotchi_freak_06 on Tama-zone:

Cell phones / PDAs

Fujitsu ARROWS Kiss F-03D - cherriberri

HP iPAQ pocket pc - kuromametchifan123

HP IPAQ RX3000 - Outrun1986

HP iPAQ hx2190b Pocket PC - Mr.Blinky

Nokia 2865i - tamagotchi_freak_06

Nokia 3110 - emirvaleza

Nokia 3230 - quitin

Nokia 3650 - Mirukucha

Nokia 5200 - klaud_litah at TamaTalk

Nokia 5300 - Go!Go!Gotchi!

Nokia 6101 - Orandatchi

Nokia 6103 - Mirta

Nokia 6111 - Real_Three

Nokia 6165i - mochi_dreams

Nokia 6230 - Maxietchi

Nokia 6230i - Mr.Blinky

Nokia 6280 - Takura

Nokia 6600 - Maxietchi

Nokia 6620 - Maruchan

Nokia 7650 - jordboss

Nokia 9500 Communicator - pimpompoy

Nokia E50 - MichuPychu

Nokia E51 - MichuPychu

Nokia E65 - Arisu

Nokia E70 - indonesiatamafan

Nokia E71 - DannyHibiki

Nokia N73 - oorin

Nokia N93 - Funietchi

O2 Xda Atom Life - year7afrokid

Palm Centro - latinvixen

Palm T|X - thebreat

Palm Treo - TamaTamaTamaPanda

Palm Treo 7wx - sunna

PALM TUNGSTEN E PDA - UK Tama Fan

Palm Lifedrive - toto83

Palm Zire - kuchipatchi.is.blue55 at TamaTalk

PalmOne Zire 72 - DragonSparke

Panasonic P-06C (NTT Docomo) - justfallapart

Sagem MYX5-2- Chise

Sony Ericsson K700i - Jazz2

Sony Ericsson K750i - UK Tama Fan

Sony Ericsson K790i - greym

Sony Ericsson K800i - UK Tama Fan

Sony Ericsson S710a - binary

Sony Ericsson T68i - MichuPychu

Sony Ericsson W300i - Hilla Lilla

Sony Ericsson W810i - babyCM

Sony Ericsson W850i - greym

Sony Ericsson Z310i - Hidatchi

Sony Ericsson Z320i - Count

Sony Ericsson Z520i - junkroxy

Verizon HTC Mogul - -Ra-

Windows Mobile PDA - Chibi

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. I ordered a USB IrDA but I'll keep an eye out on the phone list or see if one of my old ones will work. (I had a few old Nokiad and Ericsons but I'm not a 100% sure I still have them.)

Alright... so im bumping this thread because im really annoyed at this process. i bought the infrared dongle and hated it and only managed to patch one file. so i returned that and bought the Palm Centro 690 as listed on this list and recommended by someone else... after spending 3 days fighting with the phone i FINALLY got the file onto the phone, but now its telling me it will only send text via infrared and i need a premium service to send images. T_T; can anyone recommend a for sure it works model of phone that is simple to use?? and by simple i mean just drag and drop to the phone the files and then infrared to the tama?? it shouldnt be this much work and im so upset cause my tama is 3/4 translated.... its so annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back