MGA T-Rex Dino shell with Godzilla guts

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatW1ngs

Reaction score
Hello, everybody! I just recently bought what I THOUGHT was a T-Rex Dino virtual pet off of Ebay. The packaging, physical shell, etc. ALL say T-Rex Dino, but when I opened it up and activated the pet, it seems mine has the guts for the Godzilla pet instead! This is not what I wanted at all!!! This is upsetting to me, because I specifically wanted the T-Rex Dino pet that I remember from my childhood. :( I could cry!

Here is a picture of the one I bought (still in the package at the time of the photo):https://instagram.com/p/5BEkNbyqRm/(from my own Instagram)

Here is a video from another person of what I WANTED, and what I thought I bought: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJFkzybIh0E

As you can see, mine LOOKS like the correct T-Rex dino, nowhere on the packaging implies that it is the Godzilla version. Is this a common mix-up with MGA Entertainment? Does anybody else have experience with this happening? Is there any hope for me finding the ACTUAL T-Rex Dino pet from MGA, or is it a guessing game with these things?

Which Godzilla version? Do you have a picture of the running pet?

MGA's dinosaurs are a total mess. Two Godzilla versions (marble white egg clam shell and black egg clam shell), and two T-Rex versions (green egg clam shell and green/purple/white rectangle-y shell).

The Nano Dino-modified version seems to consistently come in the marble white egg clam shell, while the MGA-programming Godzilla should stay in the black egg clam shell.

I just found out today that the MGA-programming T-Rex should be in the green egg shell, while the green/purple/white rectangle-y shell has an original dinosaur based on Nano programming (also known as Aka-chan). I discovered this by ordering a MIP Rectangle T-Rex Dino and found out the guts were Aka-chan, even though the package has the same picture on it that yours has for the pet.

So to hear that it's possible to get a DIFFERENT pet with the green egg clam shell is disturbing!

It's actually not uncommon. I had it happen with several dinos i bought, having the Godzilla guts. My theory is the programming either got messed up with their main software, or it cost too much to produce all these different motherboards or something and just used all the same programming but different shells.

In order to get the right one, I waited for a used one to show up and asked for a picture of it running which then I was able to tell if it was the right one or not.

In order to get the right one, I waited for a used one to show up and asked for a picture of it running which then I was able to tell if it was the right one or not.
It's really bizarre. I've been trying to buy MGA pets, and so far nothing has been what it says it is! One is an Aka-chan, my Godzilla is a Trex.. Now I'm waiting for my Trex, and hoping it's actually a Godzilla! I'm definitely going to ask for running pictures in the future.

Actually Catwings, my Trex comes in tomorrow. Depending on what it actually turns out to be, would you be interested in trading yours for my Trex-in-a-Godzilla-shell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back