Bluebearrie's Yellow Angel log!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluebearrie

Reaction score
So I feel like I should first explain how I came to acquire this neat little Tama, because my actual intention was to donate/throw away/attempt to resell it as soon as I got it...

See, I had been looking for a particular P1 shell design (hot pink with green shell crack and blue buttons... SO ADORABLE) and after searching for a couple weeks, finally found one on eBay! Problem was though, it was in a lot with another Tamagotchi but the price was good so I ended up buying them both. The Tama it came with was an Angel, which I had no desire to have an Angel in my collection just yet. It was yellow, and the picture made it look absolutely horrifyingly ugly. I didn't want it. I was going to get rid of it without even putting batteries in it as soon as the package arrived.

But then I started looking around the internet. It occurred to me that I had never actually seen an Angel in yellow before. My cousin had tons of Tamagotchis when we were kids and loved the Angels, but I knew that she never had a yellow one. After poking around the internet, I learned that this yellow Angel I had was actually an exclusive color and VERY rare, so I decided to keep it, and run it for log purposes! So here is what is going on with the little guy/girl this evening...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am currently running two other Tamas, the P1 that came with the Angel, and my iD L. They're asleep, so I decided that I would set the time on the Angel to am instead of pm, so I would be able to play with it in the evenings, pausing as needed, and not have to worry about taking care of three Tamas at once! At the start of this log, it was roughly 10:20 am on the unit.

This Angel being the english version, I noticed a few... oddities. Upon startup, I was greeted with a little ufo hovering about in place on the screen. Cute! Odd censorship from the Japanese versions though, where the Tama starts out as a ghost hovering above a fresh grave. It just makes more sense that way than having the standard "this is an alien pet that came to you in a ufo" like the story of the characters on the P1.

The Angel has eight icons, just like the P1 and P2, though arranged in a different order:

1. First icon is the scale, which shows the character's age in years (currently 0), AP which I'm going to guess stands for "angel points" (currently 10 with a little solid heart), deeds (which started at three bars), hungry, and... effort??

2. Second icon looks like a shovel at first glance, but must actually be a spoon because it's where the food is. The food options here are pie and candy, which is absolutely adorable :)

3. Third icon is a little star, which is the game. Basically, you have to jump over a little asterisk being pushed by what appears to be a space invader alien of some sort. No idea what's up with this game. The button sensitivity on this particular Angel is fairly delayed, which makes this game a bit difficult at times. Jump over the star five times though, and you gain one heart on the effort meter. For some reason.

4. Fourth icon is a roll of toilet paper, for the purpose of flushing poo off the screen. We all know this one. This icon was another bit of interesting censorship from the Japanese version, because on that unit the icon was a butt with wings! Yeah, I can see why that wouldn't fly too well over on the west coast :p

5. Fifth icon is a little bell. I'm assuming it's for praise, but I havent had the need to use it yet.

6. Sixth icon is a little bow and arrow. Why this is the icon that cures sickness, I have no clue.

7. Seventh icon is a little torch. Not a light bulb, not a candle, but a torch. Obviously for turning the light off when your character goes to sleep. Why a torch though? Nothing else about this Tama seems medieval.

8. Eighth and final icon is the attention icon, which is a little caraicature of an angel. This lights up whenever your character needs something.

First impressions of the Angel are mostly positive. It's an odd little thing, but charming nonetheless. First thing I noticed was the button response time, which is absolutely dreadful. Not sure if this is an issue across all Angels or just mine though. It seems to have better processing power than my P1 though, because the time screen zips in and out with incredible speed. The game is fast-paced as well.

I don't know what to make of the AP rating though. It seems to slowly go down over time, and gets higher when I feed my Angel candy. Does eating candy make one more angelic? I need to investigate this further. The effort meter is puzzling to me, too. It doesn't increase with eating candy, so it's definitely different from the happiness meter on the P1. The only way to fill it is by playing the game, and since effort goes down very steadily over time, I found myself playing the game a ton. Finally, I don't know what to make of the deeds meter. Why does it start with three bars already there? How does it increase? What happens as it increases? Guess I'll find out as I keep playing.

Final stats:

Character: Obaketchi 2

AP: 11

Deeds: 3

Hungry: 3/4

Effort: 4/4

I think I'm going to name him Lemon.

Lemon, upon putting in fresh batteries:

Lemon, at the and of the log. Just floating around, perpetually bored:

So after my log last night, as I was getting ready for bed, Lemon grew again!! He is now a lovely little Maruten! He still has that look of perpetual boredom though.

I decided to take Lemon off pause for a bit because I am miraculously off work today, and I don't plan on going out until later this afternoon so I have time to watch it along with my two main Tamas I'm currently running. So far, nothing has happened. NOTHING. Little guy hasn't even pooped since I turned him on.

I did a little homework last night, and discovered that the Angel at its teen and adult stages will some times leave the screen on a "stroll" or take a break to pray. I'm thinking praising for these actions is how the Deeds meter is raised. I haven't witnessed my Angel doing either of these things, though. Perhaps he isn't old enough yet, even as a Maruten? Or perhaps I'm checking his stats too compulsively that he hasn't had time to leave yet. Only time will tell.

"SO. BORED."

Time at the start of this log is 4:40 pm. I had him running for quite a bit today!

So Lemon is in his Maruten form! I'm assuming this has to be the teenage stage of the Angel's life. He doesn't do all that much; I'm genuinely shocked at how little care this thing requires. I check on him compulsively though, being used to the neediness of my iD L, but he only seems to lose about a heart of hunger every thirty minutes and a heart of effort every forty-five minutes to an hour. Very impressive.

Speaking of compulsively checking on him, I finally caught him praying! There was no alert tone; I just happened to look down and see him facing toward the screen, alternating between an open mouth face and a smiling face. It was almost as if he was singing! Even though there was no sound the attention light was on, so I quickly scrolled over to the bell icon and pressed it. The happy jingle played, and now he has a whopping seven points on the Deeds meter. Halfway full, woohoo!! I have yet to see him go one one of his strolls, though.

I tried to figure out what the AP stat was, but without much luck. All I've been able to gather is that it increases each time you feed candy, and it slowly decreases over time. Speaking of candy, as he was eating the first bat appeared! Quickly tapping on the case got rid of him. I'm glad that feature still works. Next, I'll try yelling at it to see if the sound sensor still works too. Hopefully my neighbors won't think I'm dying or anything...

So far I've been enjoying little Lemon! He doesnt require constant care (even though I check on him like he's about to die every ten minutes) and the animations are fun to watch. I'm hoping I can catch him praying again or strolling so I can up his Deeds meter before he's a full adult. Wish me luck! :)

Final stats:

Character: Maruten

AP: 42

Deeds: 7

Hungry: 4/4

Effort: 3/4

Yesterday I was absolutely exhausted, so I decided I'd go on to bed and make two logs for little Lemon today.

And boy, what a day we had!!

I did a little more research and decided to test the theory that higher AP meant that Lemon would have the power to do more good deeds, thus increasing the chances of me catching him praying or strolling and getting his Deeds meter to full faster. I stuffed his belly as much as I could, fought off a couple bats, and he seemed to max out at 50 AP. I'm surprised he never got sick from eating all that candy... Anyway, I set his time forward a couple hours, and he went right to bed just as I was leaving for work. This was at 6am; I think I set his clock to around 9am or so.

Later yesterday evening he woke up right on schedule, and I basically just sat tand watched him to see what he would do. Finally, I caught the little guy praying again! Same as last time, the attention icon was lit but he never beeped for me or anything. I quickly pressed the bell icon and... YES! His Deeds meter had shot up; only three more points to go before it was completely full! I spent the rest of the evening compulsively checking on him and making sure his AP, Hungry, and Effort hearts were full. I never caught him praying again, but comething even better happened...

WE HAVE LIMBS, PEOPLE!! VISIBLE LIMBS!!

So little Lemon is a blank-faced adorable little Kodoten now! Why do all the Angelgotchi characters this far seem so expressionless!? It's bizarre! I'm guessing this is the first form of the adult stage, because I remember when my cousin had her Angelgotchis going there were more characters than this. Also, he still seems a bit under-developed as far as his character design goes.

First thing I did after his evolution was check his stats. His AP was a little low, so I fed him some more candy until it maxed out, still at 50. Then, I checked his Deeds... which had tanked. Tanked all the way back down to three pitiful points, as if nothing I had done while he was a Maruten had made any bit of difference. I was so close to having the Deeds bar full, it was a bit devastating. But, no matter! Lemon is still young at only two years old! We can get through this...

I watched him some more the rest of the evening, and at one point I checked him and lo and behold he was gone! The screen was completely blank, save for the attention icon being lit. Finally, his first stroll! Once again, he had never beeped for attention. I scrolled to the bell icon, pressed it, and tapped the side of the case to being him back. Guess what he was doing.

No seriously, guess.

When little Lemon arrived back on screen he had been gone, not for a mere walk and not doing good deeds... but lifting weights. I kid you not, the little turd had two dumbbells in his hands and was just going to town. Some angel you are, buddy. I tried to get a picture, but the animation sequence was so short by the time I had my phone ready he had stopped. Oh well. Not gonna lie, it was pretty freaking cute. He should realize by now that I'm the one fighting off the bats for him so there's no need for him to be working on his muscles. Maybe he's just hoping to pick up some cute Angelgotchi ladies.

I checked his stats again and sure enough, nothing at all had happened to Deeds from me calling him back on screen. Oh well. I put him on pause and went to bed, and I'll have him on again today for a couple hours before I have to go back to work again. So far, nothing much has happened. It's interesting to note (I think it is, anyway) that since turning him on, he has only pooped twice. My iD L poops like every ten minutes which is insane, and my P1 that I'm also running poops more frequently too. Maybe the digestive systems in celestial beings are different from ours. Who knows.

Final stats:

Character: Kodoten

AP: 49

Deeds: 3 :(

Time for part 2 of today's log!

I forgot to include the time in my first post, so I'll go ahead and add it now. Time on the unit at the start of this log is 6:10 pm. I'm thinking I might set it forward before I go to bed so he'll sleep through the night and be on a second day. I don't have to work tomorrow so that's probably what I'll do...

Anyway I got home from work this evening and took Lemon off pause while I did some super exciting adult things, such as:

1. Picking up trash around the house

2. Cleaning out my car

3. Pruning some dead branches off the pothos I inherited from my grandmother

4. Doing the dishes

5. Drinking a beer

6. Filing away annual paperwork on my 401k and investments into my work binder

This is what you have to look forward to, kids.

So far not much has happened. Lemon hasn't prayed, or gone to lift more weights, or much of anything other than floating around with a blank look on his adorable, pixelated little face. Same as before, I'm still trying to keep his AP as high as possible and his Hunger and Effort hearts maxed. I'm testing a theory that a higher AP will make him do good deeds more frequently, but I haven't been running him long enough to tell so far.

Off-topic; there is something interesting I noticed about the Angel today that hadn't occurred to me until just now, and I'm wondering if it's just an Angel thing or if any other units are similar. The buttons are actually taller! I was holding it and my P1 and just so happened to notice the difference. Personally, I like the buttons on the Angel better. You don't feel like you're mashing them down into the unit with every button press, and they have a much sturdier feel to them. There is a really strange lag with the button presses on this Angel though. I'm not sure if it's this particular unit or if all Angels are just like that.

Anyway, (as luck would have it) as I was typing the previous paragraph, I looked over to see Lemon praying! He was facing the screen and waving a little wand. So cute!! I should've gotten a picture, but I was too excited and forgot. :( As always, he didn't beep for attention but the icon was lit. I pressed the bell icon, and now his Deeds meter is back up to 7! Huzzah!! Funny to note too that he pooped immediately after praying. I fed him and played the star game and he is maxed out again at full Hungry and Effort. I also noticed that before praying his AP was at 49, but now it's at 50! Very interesting. I suppose me praising him at the right moment gave him an extra boost of power or something.

Well, on that note I think I'm going to call it a night and wrap this log up. Doesn't look like Lemon is going to do anything else today.

Final stats:

AP: 50

Nothing at all has happened with Lemon tonight, so I figured I'd let today's log be facts about the Angel! Feel free to skip this post if you'd like. I think it's interesting stuff though :p

The Angel was first released in Japan in 1997, under the name Tenshitchi no Tamagotchi. It was released worldwide close to a year later. The original Japanese Angels were released in the colors white, pink, and silver (the wiki calls it blue for some reason). The yellow version like Lemon here was an English exclusive color. Some people will try to convince you that there was a yellow Japanese Angel, but that actually isn't true. Apparently the white plastic on the Japanese version is unstable, and if exposed to sunlight will turn a deep gold color with age. I'm not sure if the English white Angel is the same, but the easiest way to tell if you have an authentic yellow unit is one, to see if it's English or Japanese, and two, to remove the battery cover and see what the unexposed plastic on the inside of the unit looks like. The actual yellow is also very pale, and pictures I've seen of the discolored whites seem to be a very deep gold. Unfortunately I've never seen one in person to get a full comparison though.

A quick side note about the plastic on the Angels... I used to collect Transformers back when, and a common problem among the older toys was something called "gold plastic syndrome." Apparently, certain metallic types of plastic, most commonly gold, are highly unstable and will actually just disintigrate over time. There are several instances of mint in package gold Transformers just turning to dust with the slightest bump. It's mortifying... I'm hoping since the Angels are still fairly young toys that the manufacturers found some sort of way to make the plastic more stable. Only time will tell though.

The Angel was the first Tamagotchi to have a unique shell mold, with the wings on the sides of the case. The white and yellow versions have gold wings, and the pink and silver versions have silver wings! It's very cute. Also, the Angel was the first Tamagotchi to have the stat icon as the first icon listed. I believe every other Tamagotchi followed this pattern, but I may be wrong. Going back to differences between the English and Japanese releases, the painting on the cases varies. Japanese versions have Angelgotch written across the top, and the cases are decorated with stars and characters from the unit. The English version just has stars on the case, and Tamagotchi Angel TM written across the top. I personally like the look of the Japanese versions better.

As far as features go, the Angel was the first unit to have a sound and motion sensor. Every now and then a bat will appear when the character is eating candy, and the only way to scare the bat away is to either yell at it or tap on the case. The Morino, Ocean, and TamaOtch Tamagotchis also have this feature, and I believe after the TamaOtch they went to the infrared ports and discontinued it completely. It's a shame; I rather like this feature, but I can see some overly-zealous kids getting too into scaring away the bat and destroying their Angels hitting the case too hard, especially since the commercial says to tap directly on the screen! Augh!!

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Speaking of the commercial, let me break it down real quick just for fun. The Angels in the commercial are clearly prototypes, and if you'll notice, they're HUGE. They're also circular, not egg-shaped like the final design. The characters on the screens are hand animated too, which is glaringly obvious and really silly looking! I'm sure they couldn't get an actual Tamagotchi screen to show up well on camera, but still... The animation that plays when the girl feeds her Angel and scares the bat away is completely different from the final version. The character she has is Maruten, but the eating animation seems off from what I remember, and instead of eating the regular heart-shaped candy, he is eating what looks to be a slice of cake? Also, on the actual unit the character leaves the screen when the bat shows up. On the commercial, Maruten is just eating like nothing's going on and the bat sort of hovers overhead. And she says it's a touch screen!? NO. You'll pop the screen out doing that, dumb girl!! When it cuts to the second girl showing her Angel sleeping, it's shown with its eyes open and under a spotted blanket. On the final version, the characters close their eyes when they sleep, and they sleep on a cloud! I love how she then mentions being able to pause the Angel like it's an actual feature. Wow. And now for the doozy... "Mine's done so many good deeds, it has more Angel Power." While the screen is showing her Angel with less than half the Deeds meter filled, and a pathetic FOUR AP. FOUR. ON AN ANGEL THAT'S SUPPOSEDLY 6 YEARS OLD AND ONLY ON ITS SECOND EVOLUTION. That's not even how the Deeds meter works, too!! The AP affects Deeds, not the other way around! AUGH! They don't even mention core features of the Angel, like praising it during prayers or calling it back from strolls. It's a really, really weird commercial.

Welp, Lemon has actually done nothing at all tonight besides float around so I think I'm going to call this log done!!

Final stats:

AP: 50

Finally caught Lemon praying last night before I paused him and went to bed! It's a super cute animation; apologies for the poor quality. I was in a hurry to take the picture so I could praise him and increase his Deeds before the animation ended. :)

Exciting start to today's log!! Lemon grew into a Kuriten! I am shooting for the secret character Futagotenshi on this run, so this is a really exciting turn of events.

I absolutely adore Kuriten's design!! His little wings flap up and down every two frames, and the little swirl on his forehead reminds me of an anime character. He floats around the screen with more smoothness than any other Tamagotchi character I've ever seen. I'm hoping that in this second adult form he will actually beep when he goes on strolls or prays; it will certainly make things easier. I'll continue keeping his AP, Hunger, and Effort as high as possible. I'm not sure how long it will take to get Futagotenshi, but I'll keep everyone posted!!

Edit: Something funny I noticed, and I'm not sure if all Angels do this, but I was able to confirm last night that Lemon only poops immediately after praying. Weird!!

Final stats:

Character: Kuriten

AP: 80!! :D

Deeds: 3 :(

Last edited by a moderator:
A short time after taking Lemon off pause today, I looked over to see that he had gone on a stroll! I pressed the bell icon and tapped the case and he quickly returned. The animation.... oh goodness, it was horrifying!! I am not sure what they intended it to be, but it looked like he had ripped his wings off! :eek: I was like, "Wait, WHAT!?" but unfortunately I wasn't expecting anything like that so I wasn't able to get a picture. He had a look of shock on his face like I had caught him doing something bad, and he was sitting on the ground and his wings were little blobs just laying on the ground next to him. If I can catch him on stroll again, I'll definitely get a picture, or even a video.

I've noticed that in his Kuriten form, it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep his AP maxed at 80. It drops two or three points every few minutes, so I feel like I'm constantly feeding him candy. It seems like the bats are appearing more frequently too, but that could simply be because I'm feeding him more candy. Not entirely sure on that one yet. His Hungry and Effort are fairly stable though.

Other than the stroll not much has happened with Lemon tonight, but having him sitting next to my P1 has made me notice something:

The picture doesn't completely do it justice, but the screen on the Angel is much clearer than on the P1. The pixels on the P1 are darker, and there's more of a shadow on the paper backing. I'm wondering if there's less space between the pixels and the paper background on the Angel. The plastic screen cover seems thinner, too. It may be polarized differently, too. I'm not entirely sure. Oh well...

Final stats:

AP: 79

EDIT: So I discovered what happens if you fail to shoo a bat away while your Angel is eating candy... Lemon now has ZERO deeds on his deeds meter. AUGH. I should've been paying more attention. Oh well... Hopefully he'll start praying soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm in luck!! :D Not too long after the bat incident last night, Lemon began to pray! He played a cute little jingle; it wasn't anything I've ever heard before and was very pretty. He was waving his wand around, and little stars were falling behind him!! His Deeds meter is back up to 3 now. Hooray!! I'll post the regular log tonight, just wanted to give everyone a quick update :)

Nothing happened today. Absolutely nothing. Boo.

Final stats:

AP: 80

Welp, I goofed up on tonight's log. I hadn't been keeping up with the time so only an hour after I took Lemon off pause he beeped at me to be put to bed. Oops! He should be asleep until around noon tomorrow, so I may make another post before I leave for work if anything interesting or unusual happens. He just floated around the screen today. One thing of note, it is getting increasingly difficult to keep his AP maxed out. It seems to drop a point every five minutes or so. Lots and lots of candy feedings!!

Final stats:

Ok, current time is 10:39 am. Not much is going on with Lemon today. I can't run him for long since I have to work early tomorrow morning. So far I've had to play the game three times, feed twice, and feed many candies. He is getting increasingly more difficult to keep maxed! Hopefully I'll have the twin angels soon!!

I've confirmed that in his Kuriten form, candies restore only two points of AP. Had to fight off one bat, so I'm certain that bat appearances become more frequent over time.

I'm hoping that if I wake up early enough I can let him run for a few more hours tomorrow morning. His Deeds is still low, I'm hoping I can catch him praying at least a couple more times before he evolves again.

Final stats:

AP: 80

Bright and early this morning, I let Lemon run for a couple hours and lo and behold, he started praying!! The little jingle played, same as before, and now his Deeds is halfway full again! Woohoo!! Of course, he pooped immediately afterward.

I wonder why the Angel only poops after praying. Is it a glitch, or do they all do that? Why would they program the Angel in such a way? I will admit though, the little animation he does before he poops is super adorable! He is sitting on a little duck, like a little pool float or something. Perhaps it's a duck-shaped toilet? Who knows, but it's super cute. Next time, if I remember, I'll get a picture of it.

Other than that, nothing has happened with Lemon tonight. All it's been is the usual feeding every now and then, playing the game every now and then, and compulsively feeding candy every time his AP drops so much as a single point....

Yeah, I'm a bit OCD, I know. :p

Final stats:

Effort: 3/4

Latest posts

Back