Tamagotchi 4U or IDL? V2, V3, V4 or V4.5?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haenerys

Reaction score
Hello all!

So my Tamagotchi life has been full of original tamas, (what some might call vintage! ;) ), such as my P1, P2, Angelgotchi, Devilgotchi and Umino. I've never had any of the newer ones and I'm thinking of getting a colour one and perhaps a V4 or V4.5 but i have no idea which I'd enjoy more and have limited funds to spend on such treats! So I'd really like your recommendations on which ones you prefer and why please! What do you love about your fave one? Do you have yours in Japanese or English, which do you prefer?

I know about the Tamagotchi P's as well but not sure I am as interested in those - feel free to change my mind though if they're your faves!

Looking forward to your answers guys! :wub:

I have a Tamagotchi 4U but I would only recommend it if you have a NFC compatible phone so that you can get downloadable content. The 4U only comes with 10 characters built into it...soo.. :-\ . The P's and the iD L have a lot of similar features and can even connect to each other. I'd go for P's if you're looking for a cheaper option. I'd pull up the tamagotchi wiki and compare them side to side.

4U has cute animations and all, but iD L has a lot more built-in features and characters.

As for the connections, I love the Version 4 the most. It has fun games and cool features like mail, school, and work.

I might try to change your mind about the P's!

I've had every single color version, and I find the P's to be the most enjoyable. It may not look good on the outside but the P's is pretty much the perfect in the inside, it has way more features than the 4U and iD L but it is still more relaxing than those other two.

Appart from all the built in content the P's has both Pierces and downloads that can easilly be obtained, plus the English patch and lots of other content Mr. Blinky is working on for the P's :D

Also you can pretty much get it for cheaper than a Friends on amazon, so it's definitely worth it :p

The 4U was a huge disappointment for me, it's not a bad version, but it just didn't feel as good as previous versions, it lacks of any kind of interesting content without the app and the animations go way too fast, so it doesn't feel relaxing at all :/

It's also a pain to take care for, it's even worse than the iD L and that one was already needy enough :eek:

Hopefully the 4U+ will be better, but I can't tell until it arrives :p

The iD L is exatly as it seems, it is a really good version with good characters and good features, BUT the growth chart is heavilly based on randomness and I hate that, randomness always leads to haveing the same characters again and again :/

So in my opinion it's P's>4U with app>iD L> 4U without app :)

As for connections I recommend getting an Entama or Uratama instead of V4 or V4.5. The Entama and Uratama are the Japanese original versions and are more true to the original concept, they also feel more charming, the V4 and V4.5 have too much going on (And the terrible randomness again) :p

The V2 and V3 are really great too, if you are looking for a more vintage feeling, those two are perfect! They are really charming and simple ^_^

Guys! You are all SUPER helpful! Thank you! :D

Myiko, I think you might just have convinced me about the P's... wanders off to check them out on eBay! ;)

I'll be honest, I was excited about my iD L when I first got it, but now that I've played with it for a couple weeks I'm starting to lose interest in it. It's needy, and all of the characters I've had at the adult stage become super upset when I try to feed them the available free food, the rice bowl. This forces me to play games constantly to get Gotchi Points so they can eat at the restaraunts. The games only last 30 seconds each but only give you 200 points or less, and the cheepest meal I've found cost 100 points. It just seems a bit unnecessary. The characters on the iD L seem to poop much more frequently too, and when I'm at work and can't tend to them they're constantly getting sick because I can't clean up poop every 15 minutes. I've been running my P1 and my iD L together, and I've actually enjoyed spending time with my P1 more. It's simple and charming! I can glance over and see my little Maskutchi shimmying across the screen without having to push a button, and I don't have to worry about him constantly needing care :)

I odn't know anything about the 4U, but I've heard better things about the P's when comparing it between the 4U and the iD L. You've got some homework to do!! :D

Do not get the 4U if you don't have an NFC compatible device. It's sorely lacking in built-in content compared to the iD L and the P's.

I personally prefer the iD L because nearly all of its features and content are built-in, and the fact that I genuinely think the characters are cuter than on the Ps :p I don't find it nearly as needy as everyone's saying, to me it's really about the same as the P's. But it's true that you can find a P's for sale for quite a bit less than an iD L these days.

I am not a big fan of buying a bunch of little accessories to access all the content in a device/game/what have you. The P's by itself has enough features to be interesting, but for me, the novelty really comes from what the different pierces do. Each of the pierces adds things like new characters, character costumes, locations your Tamagotchi can visit, etc. The good news is, the pierces are not that expensive either if you "shop around". I ordered one recently for around $7 Canadian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back