NFC Help & the 4u

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the app, just google "Tamagotchi 4U App". The first result should come up with the English translation hosted on Mr Blinky's website. This is much more easier and has more content than the Japanese app.

As for the IR on the 3DS no, even Tamagotchis with IR this will not work. As far as I know not much can access the IR, yet alone sent a file to your 3DS. You can easier buy a IR USB online, cheap as chips. Heck, you can get a Windows 98 computer to send files to your Tamagotchi by IR however, the 4U uses NFC, not IR. One of the first Tamagotchi models to use NFC besides the Tamagotchi Friends. The new 3DS does have NFC, but only enough to send random events (When the 4U reacts to any NFC, it plays an Easter Egg). There is no program to send files to your 4U on the system, so far its only for amiibo.

The 4U only uses NFC, so you'd need a phone (probably Japanese, I can't think of any English phones that have it yet) with NFC to be able to use the app. The New 3DS has NFC, but I don't think its hardware will let you use the app. The New 3DS is only supposed to work with Amiibo, and I think that goes for the Wii U, too. Best bet is to buy a cheap Japanese phone with NFC. Good luck!

The 4U only uses NFC, so you'd need a phone (probably Japanese, I can't think of any English phones that have it yet) with NFC to be able to use the app.
Sorry I have to correct you here. There ARE English phones with compatible NFC chips, just that they are pretty rare. I own a A0001 phone which is in English. When you go to Mr.Blinky's website you will be able to see a list of compatible devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back