Windows 10

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonus: Do you miss your old OS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~SkrillexGotchi~

Reaction score
I just got my upgrade finished and it seems pretty cool. ^^ I might stick with it.

I love the interface and everything else. I kinda miss Win7, but may take some time to get used to Win10.

What about you?

EDIT 1: I added a bonus question, "Do you miss your old OS?" You MAY have to delete your votes, then answer it again alongside the bonus question, or you can just comment. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I updated from windows 8.1 to windows 10 a week or two ago. I like it because it has Xbox integration, which means I can play xbox from my computer. I like the interface much more than windows 8... always disliked that tile screen page that replaced the start menu :)

I'm not sure whether to update to it or not, because I have no idea what would it look like. u v u" And I'm kinda nervous if it starts to cost me money even though my computer says that there's a free update available. It constantly reminds me of the free update. I'm still not sure, so I think I'll miss the chance of getting it for free eventually.

I'm not sure whether to update to it or not, because I have no idea what would it look like. u v u" And I'm kinda nervous if it starts to cost me money even though my computer says that there's a free update available. It constantly reminds me of the free update. I'm still not sure, so I think I'll miss the chance of getting it for free eventually.
I updated mine and it didn't cost me anything.

I updated my old laptop to test it, and I'm rather happy with it. I managed to get the sims 1, a 15 year old game to work with a bit of tweaking, so there's that. Windows store still doesn't work for me though, so that's a little annoying. I plan to upgrade my desktop too sometime in the future. Maybe in September.

I updated my old laptop to test it, and I'm rather happy with it. I managed to get the sims 1, a 15 year old game to work with a bit of tweaking, so there's that. Windows store still doesn't work for me though, so that's a little annoying. I plan to upgrade my desktop too sometime in the future. Maybe in September.
The Windows Store works for me, but can't even install my apps correctly. Luckily all of my games (such as Trove) work and so does Minecraft. It scanned my programs and it said there's no compatibility issues, so that's a good thing. Even my Tamagotchi Simulator works as well.

Getting rid of the start screen, makes me extremely happy.

HA HA! BASIC FUNCTIONALITY IS BETTER AGAIN!

People say Windows 10 "sucks at midi"

Windows 10 played million-note bad apple better than Windows 8 did.

I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. I don't miss 8.1, for I wasn't too fond of the full start screen, and was very touch oriented, but it wasn't bad. I do miss Windows 7 in some ways (as I had it before buying a new PC). Windows 10 seems fairly fast, stable and pretty. The only issue I have is the Start Menu seems to lag a bit when I type in a search. Perhaps that will be fixed in an update I haven't downloaded yet :p

As I have recently stopped using Ubuntu/Linux as a Desktop PC, after using it since late 2012, Windows 10 is generally awesome. If you want to see why I left Ubuntu, go over to the reddit link below. I came off as quite annoyed and am getting a lot of negative feedback from the Ubuntu community. Oh well. https://redd.it/3hsjem

As I have recently stopped using Ubuntu/Linux as a Desktop PC

https://redd.it/3hsjem
Weird, I've never recalled having that happen, and my main PC (ASUS Essentio M11BB) is the only one I don't use Linux on lel.

Here are all the computers and the operating systems they have.

ASUS Essentio M11BB- Windows 10

Dell Inspiron 531- Linux Mint 17.1

Toshiba Satellite- Ubuntu MATE

HP Mini 110- Bodhi Linux

I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. I don't miss 8.1, for I wasn't too fond of the full start screen, and was very touch oriented, but it wasn't bad. I do miss Windows 7 in some ways (as I had it before buying a new PC). Windows 10 seems fairly fast, stable and pretty. The only issue I have is the Start Menu seems to lag a bit when I type in a search. Perhaps that will be fixed in an update I haven't downloaded yet :p

As I have recently stopped using Ubuntu/Linux as a Desktop PC, after using it since late 2012, Windows 10 is generally awesome. If you want to see why I left Ubuntu, go over to the reddit link below. I came off as quite annoyed and am getting a lot of negative feedback from the Ubuntu community. Oh well. https://redd.it/3hsjem
Win10 was the best thing I ever downloaded, even though I kinda miss my old Win7 OS. But I'll get over it. lol

Weird, I've never recalled having that happen, and my main PC (ASUS Essentio M11BB) is the only one I don't use Linux on lel.

Here are all the computers and the operating systems they have.

ASUS Essentio M11BB- Windows 10

Dell Inspiron 531- Linux Mint 17.1

Toshiba Satellite- Ubuntu MATE

HP Mini 110- Bodhi Linux
The PC I use is quite new, and it could be a bit of the reason why Linux in general doesn't play too nicely right now.

MSI GT70 Dominator

Nvidia 870M GPU and Intel HD

Intel Core i7 4810MQ.

You know what's sad?

I'm using Windows 10 and some people are just sitting there using the long-dead XP.

Most of which probably are loaded with everything malicious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back