Buying my first Tamagotchi in the coming week or so, any idea what I should get?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arichuu

Reaction score
So. I decided earlier today I'd jump back into the Tama world and start playing again! I also want to collect them as well because, well why not! Ebay has plenty of them for sale so it's just a matter of which one I want to get first to start my collection. Any Tama masters that have been doing this for a while are more then welcome to give me some tips on where to buy/ which ones. :D

Thanks in advance~

The version you get really depends on how much experience you've had previously and how long you've been away. Of course, if you've been out of the loop you aren't gonna want to jump right into something complicated like the P's or iDL, maybe a connection Tama.

• I'd say if you had a bunch of previous experience but have been away for a long while you should go with a v5, v6, or Tama-Go. If you're feeling like you can handle it MAYBE a +Color or iD. The newer Friends and Friends Dream Town are also fairly easy to grasp, as they're in English and their growth chart is already documented.
  • If you've had a bunch of experience and it hasn't been too long, maybe thro in an iDL or P's into that mix.
  • And of course if you've had minimal experience and it's been a really blong time I'd say your best bet is anything from the v3-v5

After you use the Tamagotchi for a while, feel free to jump into complicated ones like the iDL 15th anni, P's, 4U, or 4U+

Hope I helped C:

The version you get really depends on how much experience you've had previously and how long you've been away. Of course, if you've been out of the loop you aren't gonna want to jump right into something complicated like the P's or iDL, maybe a connection Tama.

• I'd say if you had a bunch of previous experience but have been away for a long while you should go with a v5, v6, or Tama-Go. If you're feeling like you can handle it MAYBE a +Color or iD. The newer Friends and Friends Dream Town are also fairly easy to grasp, as they're in English and their growth chart is already documented.
  • If you've had a bunch of experience and it hasn't been too long, maybe thro in an iDL or P's into that mix.
  • And of course if you've had minimal experience and it's been a really blong time I'd say your best bet is anything from the v3-v5

After you use the Tamagotchi for a while, feel free to jump into complicated ones like the iDL 15th anni, P's, 4U, or 4U+

Hope I helped C:
You were super helpful!! I'm currently looking at a v3 on ebay and hopefully I'm getting it this week. :D I saw someone selling the original tamatown ones and ugh if they weren't so expensive I would have bought them. >u< Also what's Tama-Go? I saw you mentioned it but I'm now just hearing about it. :0

Its full name is the Tamatown Tama-Go.

Tamago_zps5kzlk90x.jpg

It has a significant number of features but because it's English it's fairly easy to grasp. It's a bit different form other Tamagotchis in that in order to access all its functions you need to get different figurines (The little Mametchi thing by the unit)

It's also a really large Tamagotchi, so it may not fit well in your pocket without a huge bulge.

If you are interested to get a colored Tama, I strongly recommend the Tamagotchi P's. It's got pierces which you can purchase & add to your tamagotchi to expand the game play. It is a Japanese version but there is an English patch readily available. As it is a fairly popular tamagotchi, there are plenty of guides online to help you figure out the game play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back