Why Do You Like Tamagotchi's So Much?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I like tamagotchi's so much because of a disorder which is rather common nowadays.

Anxiety.

My anxiety is bad, especially my social anxiety.

I finally know why my social anxiety is so bad, and thats cause when I was younger and used to cry in public, my parents or guardians used to say "Stop it, everyones looking at you" and they used to say it until I stopped.

I highly assume thats where I got it from, and why I feel like people say things about me or look at me in public.

Anyways, tamagotchi's really help with my anxiety - the little noises don't annoy me at all, in fact they actually relax and soothe me. I don't think tamagotchi's are annoying even if you have to take care of a little pet for days until its old enough and low maintenance to use.

If your anxiety is bad, I recommend it.

:wub:

Oh and if you have any questions about anxiety, feel free to ask me! ^_^ :)

i think generally i feel the same!

i get really antsy and nervous so i like to have something to do with my hands

i fell in love with all the shell designs and the differences in the versions and the characters and everything

so its nice to have a little friend to keep with me that i can focus my attention on that isnt so distracting like my phone.

i love being able to raise little families and have genuine love for them!

maybe its silly but tamagotchis do keep me occupied and kind of less lonely!

Ever since childhood I wanted a pet. My first pet was 2 goldfish. Mom, being a newbie at keeping goldfish, accidentally killed them (during christmas eve omg ) and I gave up on pets. Until I heard about tamas. my first tama (v3, white with pink flowers) was bought for me on my birthday. I really loved the idea of a virtual pet that didn't require any real-life (almost) actions. I was raised and grew up and still am living in a block of flats (apartments) and my parents keep saying they're too busy with their work to have time to give to a pet like a cat or a dog. Simply saying, I needed a pet that wasn't a pain in the butt for my parents and a tama was prefect for that.

Ahh, I love raising pets in real life! I've got a lot of pets and digital pets have always appealed to me, too (Pokemon for example).

But there's something really special about tamagotchi! I'm inclined to say it's their calming properties that appeal to me now!

Much like the original poster I find Tamagotchis, and other electronic pets too, help with my severe anxiety. Mine is so bad that I'm legally disabled and I find that having electronic pets help me to stay calm and provide comfort when I'm deep in the pit.

Usually when I like something I get really into it, including looking up whatever I can on it until there is nothing left to know or I move onto something else. Tamagotchi/virtual pets has been one of my longest interest(18 years). Tamagotchi just make me feel better when I'm feeling down. They are also a mess free pet that isn't going to leave you a surprise on the carpet. Plus I love being able to have a pet that I can take anywhere.

I just think the whole franchise is really cute and I like the beeping noises c:

Also just having something I can care for. If I could take my cat to college I would :c So tamagotchi's are a nice, low-maintenance substitute

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, it's mostly because of the characters. If Tamagotchi characters didn't look the way they do, I probably wouldn't even be a Tamagotchi fan.

They are so cute and colorful and make me smile, and have sweet personalities in the anime. It means a lot to me to be able to raise and care for such adorable little creatures.

One word: pets. My parents always said we didn't have enough room for a real dog, and plus, my mom is a neat freak. So, ever since I was little, I was obseessed with toy pets, like Littlest Pet Shops and a Zoomer robot dog. But I stil wanted a real dog. When I finally got an iPad, I became obsessed with virtual pet apps instead. I tried just about every one that was made, but I never kept an app for long. They got too boring. I couldn't take care of them very well cuz my iPad was too big to carry around. It got even worse when my mom put a passcode on my iPad. When I was searching for some new apps, I came across Tamagotchi LIFE. I read the reviews, googled tamagotchi and they looked fun. But I hesitated on getting one, we never ordered sometjing off of amazon before. Finally a reference to it in a TV show a year later got me thinking about it again. After much research (I just wanted the version with the most games). I finally ordered a V3 for Christmas. I still want a real pet (dog or not), but I've never used another virtual pet app since. Tamagotchis are cute, fun, and you always get a different charcter. you can get differnet items, dress it up, but most of all, it is so tiny and you can take it anywhere! And you can join a big community with ppl who are crazy about them!

XD I'm crazy this thing is so long :p

For me, it's mostly because I can take care of a REALLY cute creature~ :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
They were pretty much the reason I was able to make some friends as a new kid in school, having moved from one state to another during the summer it was hard trying to make friends in school and thanks to the connection tama phase my sis and I were able to get one and show them off along with the other kids at school. As time when on everyone else quit becoming interested in tamagotchis but not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back