Sign in to follow this  
skirt

"Dinky Dino"-- fake? It won't be silent.

I now have 2 Dinkie Dinos--- one aqua one labeled Dinkie Dino I've had since the 1990s, and a new red one labeled Dinky Dino.

The new red one is what I'm asking about.

The new red one says "Dinky Dino" on the package. The package is brown and more plain, all in English.

The buttons are the same, except "enter" is on the bottom left and "esc" is in the bottom middle.

The screen size etc. is the exact same as my aqua one from the 1990s, but there are no + = battery labels inside of it.

The red one plays like the aqua one if I remember right, but my aqua one's buttons are worn out so I can't test it easily. The red one doesn't have a shower. The left/right buttons on the red one also both do the same thing-- scroll down the menu options, not actually going right/left or up/down.

My old aqua one I could make silent by pressing the right and left buttons for 3 seconds. The new red one won't go silent.

Does it sound like my new red one is fake, or just a different style? The seller said it was vintage 1990s. Thanks!

Screen_Shot_2015_10_23_at_3_16_48_PM.jpg

Edited by skirt

Hello!

I'm sorry, but I think that's a fake one. The Dinkie Dino (the original) has a different packaging, as you mentioned the ESC and Enter is switched, also the colour of the red is off.To be honest even the shape is a little different and the dino paint on the front. Maybe you could message the seller and tell them it's not an original so you could get your money back? There's a few topics here on Tamatalk how to determine a real one, check it, so you will know next time. :)

Yep, your red one is a fake. My aqua Rakuraku Dinokun is the same as yours, only the Japanese version. Even for the English one, the packaging for your red one is wrong, as well as the shape. Similar yeah, but different. If you can't mute it, then it is fake.

• Like 3

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By zukmi
      Iam forget to check my phone, going to turn on again air conditioner machine, so make he feel hot, thristy, and angry 😂 iam sorry Dinosaurs 😂 (DiNostalgia, playstore)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=br.com.dinostalgia
    • By Birbplant
      Hi! New here (I might make an introduction post later).
      I've been trying to ID an old Virtual pet and thought someone here might be able to shed some light.

When I was a kid I was given a Dinosaur virtual pet. I remember the shell being red. I seem to remember it being chunky like a dinky dino, only when I looked into info in the Dinkie Dino it seems like it wasn't the same. I remember my dino would change into different things depending on how you cared for it, like a Pteranodon or a Sauropod (whose sprite was so big you could only see its neck and head) and I don't think Dinkie Dino has those kinds of evolutions so I wonder if maybe I had something different? It would be interesting to know if other people had this vpet.
    • By QueenRita
      Hey, I can't tell if this is a real Dinkie Dino or not? The seller SAYS they were never released and they were given as arcade prizes but like- it's got the digimon like- rectangle casing? Not even the normal Dinkie casing?

Here it is and an image for the sake of, if it gets taken down or whatever so others can see it in the future I guess (I see a lot of posts where ppl have linked eBay listings and theyre taken down so I can't tell if what I'm looking at is a fake or not)

The seller also has a variety of other colors too. Is it- real? I don't... I mean the PACKAGING looks legit but I don't, know much when it comes to this stuff so...

Anyone know if it's legit and what it is compared to a normal Dinkie Dino?
    • By Virtual-Reality
      Hi!
      I've recently found my childhood Raku Raku Dino-Kun, I was wondering if it's fake or genuine.
      It's probably fake, considering that I live in Argentina (country where there's no copyright law and almost all video games and toys are bootlegs).
      Homewer, mine mets all the criteria for a real one, so, I would like that someone could tell me the definitive answer.

Photos: (Sorry for the big size, :S)

• By kawaiitamagotchipanda
      There is a dinkie dino widget, which is a free app that I have downloaded. If anyone knows a lot about this, please tell me if it is a widget that is exactly like the handheld version?

If you search up DInkie dino android app, you can get pictures on google, you can find pictures of it.
    • By bbabyblue
      Hello everyone, today I have a question about the dinkie dino. As many of you, I have a website where I posted Information about the Dinkie dino. Someone from Brazil contacted me to ask me what does the "E" and the "T" on the shell design, next to the little dino stands for?. Of course, my first reaction was to tell him that he'd probably purchased a fake one, because the original one does not have those letters.

It was a huge surprise for me when he told me that it was, in fact, an original one and sent me these pictures:

Of course, I couldn't tell him it was not an original one after this, I mean, it is clearly a 100% original. However, it was not the first time I had seen brazilian pictures of an apparently fake dinkie, that ended up being original. The white version has red buttons, but I've seen one for sale (at a virtual store of Brazil) with yellow buttons, and it was an original one:

So my question is... do you know anything about these designs? are there "rare" ones? or maybe special designs from Brazil? do you know what the "E" and the "T" stands for?