Sign in to follow this  
luxbear

4U App Not Working on Galaxy S6

I have Android beam and NFC settings turned on. Any reason why my Samsung Galaxy S6 may not be connecting with my 4U? :\

Your best bet is to use a google phone. Google allows nfc data to be sent and received in all regions. Thats why the nexus phones and tablet work with the app. If it's not working for your S6 i'm afraid it probably won't :/ I've heard the Samsung Galaxy S5 working and even the S4, but not always.

Im still trying to think of the cheapest way for me to get a hold of an nfc device for the app, but i'm not sure if it's worth buying a new phone/device just for that.

If its a European model it will not work.

hi! do you happen to know what model yours is? the s6 follows a model of SM-G92xx. the models confirmed working are:

Galaxy S6

• SM-G920P
  • SM-G920T
  • SM-G920V
  • SM-G920A

Galaxy S6 Edge

• SM-G925P

• SM-G925T

• SM-G925V

• SM-G925A

the only one that's not compatible is SM-G920F if i remember. if you want, Ctrl+F for your model name in this link: http://mrblinky.net/tama/4u/app/

Edited by jirachi-potato

hi! do you happen to know what model yours is? the s6 follows a model of SM-G92xx. the models confirmed working are:

Galaxy S6

• SM-G920P
  • SM-G920T
  • SM-G920V
  • SM-G920A

Galaxy S6 Edge

• SM-G925P

• SM-G925T

• SM-G925V

• SM-G925A

the only one that's not compatible is SM-G920F if i remember. if you want, Ctrl+F for your model name in this link: http://mrblinky.net/tama/4u/app/

It's actually SM-G925F. I asked Mr Blinky on Twitter and he said it should work if it's a S6

It's actually SM-G925F. I asked Mr Blinky on Twitter and he said it should work if it's a S6

if i remember, the edge variants are almost identical to the original version of the S6. since SM-G920F isn't compatible with the app, i'm sure that it applies to the edge model as well.

when a phone is distributed to a phone carrier or region, they get to mess around with the software/hardware. since yours is the international model, the NFC controller is probably different from the carrier locked versions.

so in short, i think the international models of the S6 (SM-G925F and SM-G920F) aren't compatible with the 4U app. i'm really sorry about that! sounds like its the only model of the S6 not working either, so a bit of bad luck too. :[