V4.5 Cause of death: unknown

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TAMAmaybeth

Reaction score
Hey,so... my tama v4.5 [which I've had for a long time but haven't used too much] did something I haven't seen or heard of, happening before.
I had it right next to me, checking on it regularly. I had checked its status: hungry and happy being full and normal, training full as always [i never leave my tamas with incomplete training bar before they become adults].

So, I had my Ura Togetchi happily bouncing around. I have to admit I hadn't made any great investment of time on his skill points but they were sufficient for him to grow slowly and get a job and eventually...I was hoping he would turn into an oldie.
But then, minutes after I checked on him last, I heard an unusual beeping sound. It was one of the rare times I saw the process of my tamagotchi dying but it wasn't at all a sight for sore eyes while I struggled to find out what was going on with him and a way to stop him.
I regret my foolishness of the moment. I didn't think of resetting my tama to save him.

Eventually he died....
But the problem lies in the status...see, the hungry and happy bars as well as the training bar were absolutely empty...which doesn't make any sense to me!!
How could that happen? A glitch? Or did my tama commit suicide because I don't play with it a lot?

Maybe his hearts emptied so fast because of his fortune? (You know, the little star thing in the mail box.) If there is only one star next the heart in there that means your tama's health is low and their hearts will empty faster than normal. However, if he was at full hearts I don't understand why that would happen in such a short amount of time... :huh:

I think his fortune was okay, meaning two stars. I can't be sure, but even when it was just one star on my tamas usually that never happened. And I also don't get why the training bar emptied. [unless that is always happening when a tama dies and I have totally forgotten] :huh: :mellow:

My best guess is a really bad case of low battery glitch. Low battery glitches can do strange things to tamas, such as partial or complete resets. Do you remember if the clock showed the correct time? Also, suicide is not a function in any tamagotchi that I know of.

I can agree with Jokus here; I had a similar issue with one of mine. The battery was old; it had been in the tama for quite a while, and for no reason, mine died too. It didn't do it again after I put in a new battery. Some of these tamas get glitchy when the battery runs down, before the X screen shows up.

No, the suicide part was not any serious question.

As for the battery, I think it was new. Still runs well now that I restarted it. Thank you for the help, though. I suspect there might be a battery issue indeed. Although I had no dying battery sign, some of the icons didn't properly show up before.

I know this has kinda been sorted but I wanted to add that the same thing had happened to me about 5 minutes after I checked on it, all the hearts were full. While the death (with the skull above them) was happening I restarted it in time to save it. My battery was new and the fortune mail hadn't predicted one star for the heart but I'm not too sure if the death is caused by a bug. I only think this because I had named my tama "Chip" then a couple of days later it changed to "Ahip". I've never had this happen with a tama but after I reset it during the death scene then downloaded it, his name was back to "Chip". I know they're both very different things but I thought maybe it could glitch the stats and make them all empty or something

My battery was new and the fortune mail hadn't predicted one star for the heart but I'm not too sure if the death is caused by a bug. I only think this because I had named my tama "Chip" then a couple of days later it changed to "Ahip". I've never had this happen with a tama but after I reset it during the death scene then downloaded it, his name was back to "Chip".
Ah the name glitch, very normal for the V4/V4.5. I've heard that the V4/V4.5 are know to be the glitchiest Tamagotchis out there. There is also the weight glitch that allows Ichigotchi :ichigotchi: (or a different teen) to go to 0lb. (V4.5's Ichigotchi is YoungUraVoiletchi). Neither of these glitches should harm your tama though. However, there is the pixel blob glitch. If the matchmaker offers your tama a blob of pixels for a mate, say no. I've heard it's bad for your tama.

I'm sure the death is some sort of glitch but I just don't quite know what causes it...

My Music Star had a partial reset glitch where Rhett (who was Tarakotchi) turned into an egg and was playable until I went to the clock screen and it seemed as if it reset on me. It still retained all the data, just that the sprites had glitched up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back