4u app --> NFC dongle doesn't work...yet

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Codi

Reaction score
I have tried literally everything to impart FeliCa compatibility to a phone without it (Galaxy Note 3) including the idea that people have been throwing around about using the NFC card reader/writer.

I am not a programmer and only know a few things about NFC from reading online textbooks and instruction manuals for various peripherals.

Reader/writers with FeliCa work fine with your phone and are recognized by the tama, HOWEVER, as someone said in another topic, Bandai requires the 4u app to validate the "sender" before sending a correct reply and then becoming a "reciever." Not only that, it appears the tama itself may also be doing this.

Running some programming apps that came with my dongle, the tama is sending back the wrong response codes and I don't know what they mean, only that the "can you hear me?" message was not recieved correctly.

Because I am not a programmer, and these things are not plug and play (mainly for developers of card reading software for testing), this is as far as I got.

If someone could figure out the correct call and response(?) code to allow the tama to recognize the peripheral AND make the app force your phone to use the peripheral (if detected) as the phones NFC (instead of forcing you to turn on android NFC/beam), then it should work.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas. Going to a phone store and using their Galaxy S5 is easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back