Cheeks Chan?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

decepticoncrown

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new and this is my first post. I can't say if I'll become a regular part of the community or not, but lately I've been really enjoying revisiting Tamagotchis. :) It's been making me want to try some of the lesser known digital pets, which leads me to the topic of this thread...

I don't know how popular the Cheeks Chan line is, but I've been seeing them occasionally on some v-pet communities. Are they worth giving a try? The graphics look really cute! The only thing that's holding me back is that it doesn't seem like a "pet" game. From the videos I've watched, it appears more like a business and collecting game instead of a digital pet. :(

You're right that it is more of a business and collecting game than a digital pet, but if you're looking for something a little different, they're definitely a worthy investment! Of course, if you're looking for something a bit more...pet-y...to spend your whopping $50 on, I do recommend the color tamas! (Color is a lot more fun than you might think in a tamagotchi toy!)

I've been finding some listings on ebay for a more reasonable 26 dollars but they're stock photos. I know this sounds odd, but I like to *see* the product I'm getting. Whenever I see a stock photo on ebay it's always a red flag for me. :p The color Tamagotchis are wonderful, I'm definitely going to purchase one of those eventually!

Another question about the Cheeks Chan, are there any differences between the regular and Hello Kitty versions?

Yes, there are! (small ones, but there are differences!)
With the Hello Kitty version, your little pal will look...kinda like Hello Kitty!

H7Ebk8K.png

A-like so.

I'm not sure how many other differences there are, but overall they're negligible besides appearance-wise.

Personally I find the Hello Kitty character strange, it looks like poor Kitty melted. :D I'm not sure if I will but if I were to buy one, I'd go with the regular releases since there's no game play differences.

Thanks! ^_^

The Cheeks Chan is ok. I have the Hello Kitty edition. The graphics are very, very cute, but in retrospect I probably should have put that $40 towards getting an iD or TMGC+C or something with replay value. I played with my Chan for one or two weeks, but I got rather tired of making money to bake cakes to sell to customers so that I would have more money to bake cakes to sell customers... I much prefer Tamagotchis where you can raise the character to adulthood and actually care for them. The Cheeks Chan is definitely not a pet.

If you're looking for something less demanding than a Tamagotchi, the Cheeks Chan might be worth it... I left mine sitting around for several weeks and you just pick right up where you left off. The battery situation can be a bit irritating though. If I remember correctly, the Chan takes three AAA batteries, which drain within a few weeks. Overall, I found it a bit repetitive, but if you can find one for a reasonable price, it's an adorable little device to have in your collection.

I admit the main reason why I was interested in the Cheeks Chan is because it looked super cute and offbeat. I dislike it when digital pets/games don't change their dispositions. It takes away all of the challenge, especially for a game where you're nurturing a creature or running a business. You can't make mistakes and it gets boring quickly. -_- Right now a business game isn't what I'm looking for, when I have 50+ dollars to spend on a v-pet I'm definitely going to purchase one of the color Tamagotchis. If the price decreases I'll check it out though!

Thanks everyone for answering my questions. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back