Far-fetched Tamagotchi collaborations that you want to happen!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SupahCow090

Reaction score
Aikatsu, Ciao, Detective Conan, Disney, and Sanrio are some of the brands that have collaborated with the Tamagotchi franchise. Which one do you want, even if it's far-fetched, to collaborate with the franchise next?

Personally, I want Tamagotchi to have a collab with Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons. A Tamagotchi centered around raising crops, fishing, bug catching, and more seems fun. Raising a mini farm would be awesome. It'll add gameplay to the device. It'll also be another source of income. It'll be great to see some Harvest Sprites on the same screen as a tamagotchi. Most of us enjoys the tree/garden feature some Tamagotchis have. Why not make more of it, right?

Of course, like most people here, I think one of the more obvious dream collab is a Pokemon collaboration. Not much explaining to do. Cosplay Pikachu marrying Mametchi? YES.

I agree with the animal crossing cross over! That would be awesome, having a town of Tamagotchi Characters that can move in and out or a Tamagotchi that has villagers or NPC to raise.

A crossover I'd like to see would probably only be relevant in South Korea, but it is a Tamagotchi that you can grow you favorite Korean pop star and depending on what items you let them play with will determine which member of the group they will become. A different one for each group would be necessary, but I think it would be a nice collectable.

I agree with the animal crossing cross over! That would be awesome, having a town of Tamagotchi Characters that can move in and out or a Tamagotchi that has villagers or NPC to raise.

A crossover I'd like to see would probably only be relevant in South Korea, but it is a Tamagotchi that you can grow you favorite Korean pop star and depending on what items you let them play with will determine which member of the group they will become. A different one for each group would be necessary, but I think it would be a nice collectable.
There have been collaborations with Japanese celebrities before, so ones with Korean boy bands may not be that far fetched! ^_^

I'd like to see one that was Bambi themed. You could take care of either a deer (Bambi), rabbit (Thumper) or a skunk (Flower). It could be really cute! I also think ones featuring the gargoyles from Hunchback of Notre Dame could be cute, but these ideas could've only happened back in the 90's. :lol:

Gotta say, I'm seeing nothing but good ideas here! Before I go to my list, I should point out that I'm going to list collaborations that would NOT involve much red tape, as all of them are franchises Bandai owns the rights to. Except for the last one.

Super Sentai Just as this year is the 20th anniversary year for Tamagotchi, this year is the 40th for Super Sentai (Japanese franchise which Power Rangers is directly based on). And on top of that, the mecha designs for the 40th series Zyuohger are HEAVILY inspired by the dot graphic look. Therefore, I can VERY easily see the Red Ranger's Cube Eagle mecha (Zord) being made into a raisable character via DLC for the next Japanese Tamagotchi (We're due for a new one this year anyway, meaning no more revisions of the 4U - that version has had its two year run).

IDOLM@STER Another anniversary year, this one being the 10th. Considering that this franchise is also owned by Bandai Namco - and also because it is EXTREMELY popular in Japan - Harukasan will likely be a DLC character, no questions asked. Double chances of this one happening as compared to Cube Eagle.

Digimon Unlikely to happen due to both series having different themes (Tamagotchi being buddy buddy, Digimon being fight fight), but I'd love to see this happen, especially considering that Digimon's 20th anniversary is next year. Perhaps Agumon can show up as a DLC character in the next release as part of a "baton touch" type deal (Tamagotchi 20th ending, Digimon 20th beginning). Either that, or have Nanimon show up, because he and Oyajitchi are one in the same as Bandai has even said.

Mega Man Bandai recently did a collaboration with Capcom for the Tamagotchi 4U (Felynetchi), and with Mega Man's 30th anniversary being next year, I can see either Mega Man, Roll, a Servbot (AKA Kobun), or a Metool (AKA Hard Hat / Mettaur) being made into a DLC character for the next release. Add to the fact that Capcom has HUGE plans for the Blue Bomber's 30th... yes, I'm going to go on the record and say that we're DEFINITELY getting something Mega Man for the next collaboration character lineup. 100% chance. Mark my words. It's going to happen.

As for those that have already been done, but hope to see revisited? I would love to see Disney and Sega work with Bandai again. decepticoncrown already pointed out some good ideas for a second round of the Disney collaboration. As for Sega, this year is the 25th anniversary for Sonic the Hedgehog. If Bandai is going to include vintage characters in the next release's base lineup, then throw Sonictchi in as double DLC rep - both vintage era Tamagotchi and the Sonic 25th. Boom, done. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sailor Moon Inner Senshi would be awesome (although they'd probably just look like the Aikatsu sprites).

Also, celeb wise, a few J-Pop singers would be cool: Kyary Pamyu Pamyu seems sort of obvious, but KuuChanTchi and Ayutchi would be somewhat awesome.

Digimon Unlikely to happen due to both series having different themes (Tamagotchi being buddy buddy, Digimon being fight fight), but I'd love to see this happen, especially considering that Digimon's 20th anniversary is next year. Perhaps Agumon can show up as a DLC character in the next release as part of a "baton touch" type deal (Tamagotchi 20th ending, Digimon 20th beginning). Either that, or have Nanimon show up, because he and Oyajitchi are one in the same as Bandai has even said.
I'm a little confused on this one, didn't Digimon start out as a virtual pet like a Tamagotchi? :huh: If they did I don't think they make similar games/toys with them like a v-pet anymore, it would be cool for them to rerelease Digimons like that but with color screens. ^_^

Honestly, this is what Bandai needs to do. They need collaborations with other brands and it might bring the brand back!
Bandai Japan has been doing this very frequently, so they've got us covered. *Points to Felynetchi, Nekomasamunetchi, and the various collaboration characters released for the Tamagotchi 4U* :D

If you're referring to Bandai America, that's where things get tough. They'd have to deal with red tape twice. Not only would they have to go through the Japanese branches of each company involved in such collaborations, but they'd also have to go through the American branches of the same companies, which can get hair raising. Especially as far as collaborations with anime go.

I'll give a quick example... Media Blasters and Macross. That is THE reason why Bandai Namco has still been unable to localize any of the Super Robot Taisen games aside from the OG series. Nowadays, getting the other licenses for the other anime series represented in SRT would be no problem (Heck, we got J-Stars Victory VS which a few years ago would have been a NIGHTMARE to get over here, and we're even getting a Gundam game for the first time in a while soon). But MB is VERY stubborn and not only are they not releasing Macross dubs, but they are also NOT letting ANYONE go near the franchise and are holding it with an iron fist. And of course, every recent SRT game (Aside from the OG series) has Macross involvement in one form or another.

TLDR Don't expect anime related collaborations in an American Tamagotchi. Video games and whatnot, however, are all fair game. In fact, it has happened before in recent years. *Points to Mametchi's inclusion in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2* :)

I want a Tamagotchi-Yo-kai Watch crossover too.

And also Tamagotchi x Jewelpet. I'm bummed the Jewelpets weren't on the Sanrio pierce but I guess it's because the Jewelpets are also made by Sega.

And with the Himitsu no Cocotama virtual pet Bandai is releasing, I think I'd like to see a Cocotama x Tamagotchi crossover.

These ones are SUPER unrealistic so prepare your selves

A Teen Titans Tamagotchi! Where you raise your Tamagotchi to be either a superhero or a super villain, with references to the show and stuff.

and an attack on titan Tamagotchi where you raise your Tamagotchi with a limited amount of food then when its a teen yo take t to the military academy train it to be one of the three classes and if your lucky your Tamagotchi can also evolve into a secret titan character! Also very now and then a titan can burst through the wall and you have to tap the screen in order t to go away, or else it eats your Tamagotchi and the game is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back