Anybody remember My Meebas?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsThePhoenix

Reaction score
They were a cute little virtual pet that came out around... I dunno, 2005-2006? They came in these tubes but they had a sliding LCD screen on them (Think a classic Tamagotchi's screen). If you moved the screen up and down your "My Meeba" would swim up and down. It also had three buttons; left/right buttons and a select button. What you did with this virtual pet was play games to evolve it, and when you evolved it enough the tube would pop open and your My Meeba would emerge as a real life, collectible plushie.

I was IN LOVE with these things when I was younger. I had 4 of them and I loved them all to death. I named them and everything. ;v; I eventually got 2 more when I was older and I was able to beat them in a much shorter spam of time. The thing was eventually your Meeba got so big it covered the entirety of the screen/tube area and at that point I just gave it to my parents bc fear. ;^;

Does anyone else remember how awesome these things were? If you do, do you remember what ones you got? Show me your collection! 8D

I used to have two of them. Dunno where my purple and blue ones went...

But the blue one I decided to name Toby (or Tobie, however I looked at it, it was short for Tobias). It took a while for him to pop out, considering that My Meebas are complex pets...it took at least 5 or more days for me to achieve the plushie of Toby, considering it was a long path to get its final evolution.

Yes! I remember having a My Meebas! Two to be exact. I had bought the pink one and I loved it so much that I decided to get the purple one. The first one I raised right, getting everything I needed in order to have the Meebas come out. Second one, not so much. You see, I thought I had done everything I needed to do to open the top, but it wasn't opening. I thought it was defective so I asked my dad if he could help me get my Meebas out of the tube. So he used a flathead screwdriver to pop open the top and get the plush out. Ten seconds later I found what I needed and the top legitimately opened but the Meebas was no longer inside. :p (I should have payed a little more attention... :rolleyes: ).

Yaaaaaaaas.

I got the Intelligence one (purple) 'cause it was the only one I found at the mall. I got pretty obsessed with Mymeebas after that. I think I cheated and opened up the bottle early, but was pretty disappointed with the plush I got. I didn't like the color scheme and it was kinda plain :p Well I don't know where both of them are now.

I remember these! I wanted one so bad as a kid, never got one though. :( Are they worth checking out? I'm afraid if I'll buy one online it won't come with the plushie.

I have one of these somewhere. I think my mum found it at a discount price somewhere right at the end of them being a 'thing'? I did play with it, but I never actually completed it to get the plushie. I dunno, I sort of never wanted to because once you'd got it, you'd got it and I wanted to delay the goal for as long as possible, I think. =P

I think it's in my cupboard downstairs, actually. I know it used to sit on my desk in second year of uni.

I remember actually discovering a way to reset the game to replay whenever I wanted •~• Probably something as simple as changing the batteries...

I remember these! I wanted one so bad as a kid, never got one though. :( Are they worth checking out? I'm afraid if I'll buy one online it won't come with the plushie.
Yes. Yes they are! 8D They're a bit expensive nowadays if you look on Amazon or Ebay, but trust me; they've got the plushies. They're SO WORTH IT. <3

I have one of these somewhere. I think my mum found it at a discount price somewhere right at the end of them being a 'thing'? I did play with it, but I never actually completed it to get the plushie. I dunno, I sort of never wanted to because once you'd got it, you'd got it and I wanted to delay the goal for as long as possible, I think. =P

I think it's in my cupboard downstairs, actually. I know it used to sit on my desk in second year of uni.
FIND IT, MY FRIEND. CHANGE THE BATTERIES AND COMPLETE IT. IT IS SO WORTH IT. 8D

I'm so happy I'm not the only one who remembers these!

Last edited by a moderator:
I DO! I forgot the name though I wanted one so bad when I was younger but I was too afraid to ask...

totally wish I did now -_- ;

I DO! I forgot the name though I wanted one so bad when I was younger but I was too afraid to ask...

totally wish I did now -_- ;
Well, they're still available on Amazon and eBay. There's six colors; Friendship (Dark blue), Intelligence (Purple), Love (Dark pink), Happiness (Light blue), Luck (Green) and Beauty (Light pink). I have 2 Friendship Meebas, 1 Love Meeba, 2 Beauty Meebas and 1 Intelligence Meeba. Want me to show pictures? 8D

Any reason why the pink ones are the most affordable? The purple and blue tubes in box are going for 49 to 59 on amazon, while they're priced somewhere in the 70s on ebay. :eek:

I had so many of them. I must have had like 15 of them. I loved those. I have a bucket full of my creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back