Frustrated with Baby T-Rex Giga Pet and need help keeping him alive.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSG

Reaction score
I got a Baby T-Rex Giga Pet on Saturday and have been unable to keep the little guy alive for more than 24 hours since then.

I tried tinkering with the clock by leaving it flashing because I read about what has been called a "poor man's pause" but he still seems to die immediately upon being "unpaused" after left alone for even 3 hours.

I am a person who likes to sleep a lot but still wake up by 10:30 AM to do some stuff. Can he not go 3-5 hours unattended without dying?

I think the Baby T-Rex wakes up at 7 AM and these toys were marketed towards children who, generally-speaking, spend an average of 5-7 hours in class.

As of now, I have not changed his clock to the correct time and have left it at what is was when he hatched, which was about 12 PM.

I have left him in clock mode before hoping that it will least slow down the rapid deterioration of his stats but, upon going out of it when I next check up on him, he dies instantly. I make sure to feed him only when his food statistic is at 80 or lower and hardly ever give him treats.

I noticed that he will often poo and/or get sick right before he falls asleep and I'm not aware that I can wake him.

I am trying really hard with this pet because I want to see him evolve.

Surely when Tiger Electronics designed Giga Pets they knew that kids had to go to school and wouldn't be able to take their pets with them and not all parents could or would provide care.

Surely they knew that it's impossible for people to be on constant duty to take care of a pet.

People get sick, have to go out and cannot take the pet, etc.

Help me!

Clock mode really isn't much of a pause. They can still become hungry and unhappy in clock mode, unlike pausing a Tamagotchi. I have never played with the T-Rex Giga Pet but I've heard its infamous for how needy it is. My Yoda Giga Pet also wakes up at 7:00, I make sure before he goes to bed his hunger is at 100 and usually by the time I wake up (I'm a late riser too) his hunger is somewhere in the 30's or 20's. Maybe the hours where you're sleeping is affecting his health? It does seem rather extreme, but yet again I have heard that this Giga is near impossible to keep alive.

My best guess is to take him out of clock mode and check up on him regularly. This probably isn't a lot of help, but I wish you good luck! :)

Thank you. I love to sleep but have to wake up by at least 10:30 AM to do some stuff. His clock is 2.5-3 hours behind, so his 7 AM is my 9-9:30 AM, which means he is left unattended for about an hour and a half.

I don't know if I got lucky but he was alive when I got up this morning and had his 1st birthday. I woke up a lot throughout the day as well and kept tending to his needs; I hope tomorrow will be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back