Poll: Do you prefer using a Tamagotchi app or a physical Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer? Using a Tamagotchi phone app or a physical Tamagotchi?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Physical. My smartphone doesn't work with Bandai-made apps and back when I had an Android phone I bought the classic Tamagotchi app but didn't like it, it was rough in use and my tamas died after 1 day cuz I didn't check my phone often enough. (I'm not a "cellphone-obsessed teenage girl"). Physical tamas give me a feeling of holding a being in my hands, plus the v3's quiet beeping gives me a sense of comfort.

I prefer physical Tamagotchis and virtual pets. I'm one of the rare few that only uses iphones exclusively as a phone. :p

while I think the App is cute I just can't keep it alive because I'm always forget to check on the app tama. Sigh.

Physical tamagotchis are just... the experience. It feels like a baby in your hands, and an app on your device can never substitute for that. :D

I tried an app, and it was boring compared to my already feature-limited Tama-go. -_-

I prefer the physical one, the one the phone just seems too easy to get, the real ones give me the real Tamagotchi vibe.
I feel the same way. Also, I seem to neglect to take care of my app vpets but when they are actually on their own device it just makes me want to take care of them more often. I suppose it's because my phone is devoted to more than just my Tamagotchi while my physical Tamagotchi device is devoted purely to taking care of a virtual pet.

Just as I expected, everyone went for the real thing. The essence of tamagotchis is that the device is their home. Having them on a phone basically throws away the tiny plot the toy had left. Having to press buttons and hold the toy on your palms is a totally different feel than having it on a phone.

Physical, definitely! There's something about Tamagotchis that make them pretty much a comfort item for me. To take away that feeling it wouldn't really interesting anymore to me.

The Tamagotchi in the app always dies too quickly, no matter how well you take care of it ;-; My sister checked on it often, it was always fed, and it was never deprived of anything, yet it died in a few days. u_u So I prefer a physical Tamagotchi. Also because holding a phone just isn't the same as holding the actual Tamagotchi. It makes it feel like it's really your own if you're holding a physical one, meanwhile anyone could just download the app in a few seconds.

Physical Tamas all the waayy :D

Physical Tamagotchi. The apps get boring after a while and I'm not too big on "pet care" apps lololol

the app definitely has its benefits (such as it always being there, being able to vibrate instead of beeping) but nothing really beats having the actual plastic shell and antenna in your hands

I love usuing the actual tamagotchi itself rather than the app.

I have to agree with everyone here and say I prefer a physical Tamagotchi. Something about the round shape feels really comforting to me and that feeling never happens while holding my phone. Beeping doesn't bother me either, because I actually like the sound of a Tamagotchi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back