Don't you hate it when people say that Tamagotchis are for 8 year-old girls?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arhalidin

Reaction score
Seriously, I brought my Tamagotchi to school one day and pull it out, and everyone immediately says "LOL look he's got a Tamagotchi!" or "HAHA that's for 6 year-old girls!"

Ugh...

Okay, FIRST OF ALL, it was targeted torwards PRE-TEEN girls, not freaking toddlers. SECOND OF ALL, it's not like it was made specifically made for them! Tamagotchis are CLEARLY enjoyed by all genders and ages, so SHUT YER TRAP

I could go on longer, but I think I'll cool down a bit.

Seriously, I brought my Tamagotchi to school one day and pull it out, and everyone immediately says "LOL look he's got a Tamagotchi!" or "HAHA that's for 6 year-old girls!"

Ugh...

Okay, FIRST OF ALL, it was targeted torwards PRE-TEEN girls, not freaking toddlers. SECOND OF ALL, it's not like it was made specifically made for them! Tamagotchis are CLEARLY enjoyed by all genders and ages, so SHUT YER TRAP

I just use the My Little Pony argument. I'm just like "MLP was targeted for girls too, just because this isn't MLP it doesn't mean I cannot enjoy it."

There's always gonna be butts at school that want you to not enjoy what you love... -_-

Just do your best to ignore it, even though the world has a lot of butts who like to make fun of people because they like something.

I don't think anyone has ever said that to me, if they have they probably weren't an important person too me.

I don't think you should worry about people saying that, people who care for you would be fine with your interests. Just disregard comments such as those and you'll be fine.

Ugh...

I agree, but I don't think you should use vulgarities here... :| Anyway, you should probably just ignore them, or just explain to them that the tamagotchi is not specifically aimed for a certain age, and it is not wrong to play with it.

I remember when I was younger and some boys were bullying me for my love of Tamagotchi. I ended up running away and crying ;-;

Luckily, the teacher took care of the problem... then I was happy again. :D

In the past, I was very embarrassed about my love for tamagotchi, mainly because people at my middle school would make fun of me for playing with them. But as I got older, I started to ignore what other people thought of me. I do have a brain injury that causes me to act younger than I really am, so to a lot of people who know me, my interests in the digital toys are quite standard. But to others, they think I'm weird. But life is way too short to worry about what other people have to say about the things that I love.

Heck, if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure tamagotchi wasn't even primarily targeted towards children when it was first developed. They were made to keep people who lived in apartments company, because having animals in an apartment can be difficult under certain conditions. But I'm not 100% sure if this is correct. :blink:

Ah, I've honestly never had any bullying pointed towards because of me carrying my tamagotchis. The most violent reaction I've ever gotten is either someone telling me that I should throw mine against a wall or something so I wouldn't have to take care of it, or someone it away so they could bribe me to give them something. They ended up getting a little hurt though. ;)

Anyways, most people come up to me and ask me what I'm holding and tell me how they had one but lost it--
Lot's of people think they're actually pretty cool! :lol:

I've never been bullied or made fun of for my interest in virtual pets. At most some people (mostly family) have teased me about it, which I'm cool with. :lol: At the moment the only stranger that's ever taken interest in them was recently with a grocery store employee. She had no idea that there was still a fandom for them! :D

In my situation, people don't actually even know what Tamagotchis are really. I have the occasional "what's that?", but people see it as a gender neutral thing when they see one in my case. I'm guessing that it's because most people don't really know about what they are in my grade (8th). If they were to know what the newer versions of Tamagotchis were though, (Friends + P's especially) I could definitely see them being named as for "8 year old girls", probably because of the marketing.

To me, I think gender roles really shouldn't exist. It's horrible when I see anything called as "girly" or "for 8 year old girls" or anything similar really. It just really annoys me how the public judges a lot of things based on how feminine/masculine it is and to criticize you for liking it. Having Tamagotchis known as for '8 year old girls' really just annoys me as to me, it's a thing that anyone can enjoy really, age or gender.

---

I probably strayed off topic a lot for this but oh well, it's always good to voice my opinion anyways .-. ;;;

I got back into Tamas this past week, and after my friend noticicing, she came to me with her own v3 and we spent the day connecting our tamas and such. Then, she came to me the next day and asked if I had a spare Tama lying around, so her mum could have one too.

Not everyone is close minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back