Ouchi Mainichi Tamagotchi review

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
As I have a Japanese 3DS and some Tamagotchi 3DS games, I have decided to review them, starting with Ouchi Mainichi Tamagotchi or 'Everyday House Tamagotchi'.

244409_front.jpg

The game is kind of a house simulation game with mini-games and goals. You start with a rather empty house with only a couple of rooms/mini-games available [each room has its own mini-game]. Play the mini-games a lot to unlock more stuff such as more rooms/games, colors for your house, and furniture and characters to buy. I wish there were more mini-games available at the start of the game because having to play them so many times to unlock more is a bit off-putting but the fun really kicks off once you unlock more rooms.

Each mini-game involves a household chore such as vacuuming, cleaning the toilet, or hanging out the laundry, but the mini-games are a lot more fun than they sound. You earn money which you can use to buy furniture, characters, wallpapers, carpets, etc. Then, you can decorate your house to your heart's content [or rather, to the limit of how much stuff you can have in one room]. It's very fun to put characters where-ever you want in various scenarios. You can sit Lovelitchi and Melodytchi on a couch in front of the TV, or you can make Himespetchi watch Mametchi sleep, or you can even make Kuchipatchi look as if he's raiding the fridge. The characters don't walk around [although they do change their pose/face expression and talk via speech balloons], so it's entirely up to you where you want them to be. You can change the arrangement of your house and characters whenever you like.

The games are easy at first but when you play a game a certain number of times, it will change to a higher difficulty. Higher difficulties also means you get more Gotchi if you win. But even so, you have to play games lots and lots to afford some pieces of furniture, which is one flaw in this game since it can take forever to get all the furniture you want. My favorite mini-game is the barbeque one where you have to cook food on the barbeque for the characters without burning it. It's a bit hard on the highest difficulty because the characters are impatient and sometimes try to steal the food, and you have to blow into the microphone every so often to keep the heat going. But it's still super enjoyable.

A nifty feature of this game is that you can choose whatever music you want to hear as you play. You just go to the radio and it will have a list of songs with their radio frequencies. You use the 3DS's circle pad to change the frequency number to find the song. As you progress you get to unlock more songs. Quite a few of the songs sound really great. There are some Tamagotchi songs with singing in the mix, as well as songs of various genres like classical and heavy metal haha.

There are lots of characters to unlock, including some we haven't seen much of. The way you unlock stuff is by achieving stuff in your goal list; goals are usually things like 'play the sewing game 15 times' or 'collect every member of the Mame family'. The goals add play value to the game as something to aim for. The game is one that'll last a long time if you want to accomplish all the goals and unlock/buy all the stuff.

You can also customize the colors of your house by choosing the main color, accent color, roof color, and door color.

Here are miscellaneous minor features I'd like to tell you about -

• You can open and close the window curtains using the L and R buttons; sometimes the characters will comment on the scariness of the dark if you close the curtains.
  • Sometimes the rooms get dusty and you have to blow in the microphone to clean them.
  • There's a koi pond where you can go fishing and name the fish if you catch one. Sometimes you get money if you catch a fish.
  • Sometimes the doorbell will ring; answer it and there might be a gift from the Gotchi King.

That's about it for now.

In conclusion, it's great for Tamagotchi fans and recommended to those who also enjoy Animal Crossing. There is a nice array of mini-games and all the goals make it a game that can last a long time, and again, it's super fun to decorate your house and put the characters where ever you'd like.

Next time, I'll review Tamagotchi Sessions of Dream School.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back