Pocket Neopets Deluxe: Text question?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skygryph

Reaction score
This is a bit of an odd and specific question, but here goes: I just got a Pocket Neopets Deluxe (one of these). I've had the regular Aisha version for years; with that version, the animations of the neopet will sometimes be interrupted to quickly show the time (say, it goes from Aisha walking across the screen to Aisha disappearing and the current time being displayed instead. Aisha will then reappear, and the cycle repeats). With this Deluxe version, it won't just interrupt with the time: it will also start scrolling "NEOPETS" across the screen, and sometimes even "www.neopets.com". In other words, pretty blatant advertising that is starting to become really annoying. Is this normal? It doesn't seem right, especially considering the regular pocket neopets don't have this text scroll across the screen. I'm really hoping there's a way to disable it...it's like having an ad pop over my neopet every several seconds. It's not the end of the world, but it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Is there anyone here who has the Pocket Deluxe and knows what's going on?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one, haven't used it in a while, however I do think mine did that too, and there isn't a way to stop it.

Old question but...

Its like an advertisment, filler animation too. Its a bit random but thats mostly what it is. The animations were limited because of the data/game save/score and special button interaction. Likely the time keeping too since it needs to be kept on to keep the correct time. Between the character, games, times... still a bit ahead of its time for how much the deluxe did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back