Sign in to follow this  
Carleesi

Tamagotchi M!X - New Bandai Trademark

Has anyone thought about which character will show up where? Like, it's pretty obvious that Pichipictchi will live in Mermaid Palace, Decoratchi will live in Berry Town etc., but there are some characters who kinda confuse me. Will Butterflytchi live in Flower Hills or Patchi Forest? Where is Shimagurutchi supposed to live?

Also, I just noticed that Kotohimetchi has Seadweller fins.

compare_by_igelfullmetal-da8dj57.png

orders are now available for the M!X on CDJAPAN !! they're not that cheap in my opinion well..... maybe for amercia but the AU dollar is so high my melody mix costed me 100 bucks with ems!! ugh oh well..

I'm looking at the listings on CDJapan right now, and if only the colors were as vibrant in real life as they are in the listing photos... :( That'd have to be my only reservation right now. Of course, it's not enough to stop me from buying a M!X, but I do wish the designs were more... I don't know, just more, especially in terms of coloration. Something about the colors (it was the same with the Tamagotchi Friends) just seems off, like they could have chosen a slightly altered palette and it would look nicer. And, of course, I also wish for more variety in design options, but that's getting nitpicky, especially with all the amazing features we're already getting.

Also, sorry if this has been confirmed or denied already, but does anyone know if it's possible to pop the faceplate and put in your own design?

• Like 1

That would be nice if the M!X allowed for users to change the faceplate. Since the 4U did, it would be great if that feature could return :P

If only BANDAI Japan was willing to share their color tamas.. -_- I also had an idea of writing a petition to BANDAI Japan to bring color Tamagotchis to Amercia, but I have no idea if that'll work. :(

Yeah. :( I don't understand the lack of love for trying to bring color tamagotchis elsewhere. Children these days are spoiled with high definition graphics, and they think black and white will cut it? This isn't the 90's, guys. XD (and yes I understand the business side of it. I still think they should give it a chance.)

I'd sign it, but as somebody said, it probably wouldn't work.

Loving the mix. Now if only I knew enough Japanese to be able to care for the little guys/gals.

The TamaTV channel on YouTube has just been updated, and theres some awesome M!X footage!! Check it out here:

The TamaTV channel on YouTube has just been updated, and theres some awesome M!X footage!! Check it out here:

It still overwhelms me how many possible tamas there are!

I'd sign it, but as somebody said, it probably wouldn't work.

me :3

That would be nice if the M!X allowed for users to change the faceplate.

YESSSSS PLEASEEEEE

I'm looking at the listings on CDJapan right now, and if only the colors were as vibrant in real life as they are in the listing photos... :( That'd have to be my only reservation right now. Of course, it's not enough to stop me from buying a M!X, but I do wish the designs were more... I don't know, just more, especially in terms of coloration. Something about the colors (it was the same with the Tamagotchi Friends) just seems off, like they could have chosen a slightly altered palette and it would look nicer. And, of course, I also wish for more variety in design options, but that's getting nitpicky, especially with all the amazing features we're already getting.

Now that you point that out, I realize something. The shells basically look like Tamagotchi Friends (the dream town edition). And they are like the same shade too.

Bandai should do neon shells or something (4U+?).

I'm a bit confused about the release date though. I've heard July 16, 17 and 30th...

It appears from the video that your character will roam around in a more 3-dimensional manner than previous tamagotchis. I also noticed the text bubble above the icon menu is a guide to what the icon is.

I know it's not a big deal, but I really like the more three dimensional walking animations :)

Edited by DJYellow22
  • Like 3

I know it's not a big deal, but I really like the more three dimensional walking animations :)

I do too though! it's a neat concept and not only makes the tama seem more 3d and real but it's an excuse for bigger sprites I wonder if your tama will be closer to you the more you care for it

[quote name="Wagaturtle" post="3335343" timestamp="1467327706

Also, sorry if this has been confirmed or denied already, but does anyone know if it's possible to pop the faceplate and put in your own design?

I actually dont believe it uses faceplates. But i notice that some of the designs might actually use a foil-like material appearing more shiny. Also the extra apace for the new menu looks great. Just seeing your tama and the background.

I actually dont believe it uses faceplates. But i notice that some of the designs might actually use a foil-like material appearing more shiny. Also the extra apace for the new menu looks great. Just seeing your tama and the background.

A popular thing to do with your p's is to use a knife to pry off the clear plastic face plate and replace the paper beneath it with a custom design. I'm sure something similar will be possible with the m!x.

Edited by Igel-Fullmetal
  • Like 1

I love the idea of a more 3D movement it really makes it seem like a proper room and makes the tamagotchi just come to life in a way, like how characters bounce around and have their own random animations on the connections

I do wonder if the 3D like movement will also be for other rooms? Like say, in the backyard, park, store, or other places you can visit!

I do wonder if the 3D like movement will also be for other rooms? Like say, in the backyard, park, store, or other places you can visit!

I'm guessing it will be. I really like how it makes it a bit more realistic. Also wondering if there will be any new features besides the mixing thang and the 3d-ish walking stuff. I'm guessing/hoping there will be pets. Oh and potty-training your tama. That's always fun :D Also the mood thing on the 4U is awesome and maybe a donut shop like the iD? Lol I'm pushing it too much I should be thankful :P

I'm really looking forward to getting this new tamagotchi.

Hopefully cdjapan get some more spacey blue ones in. I have set up email reminders to alert me if some new stock arrives.

Does anyone know if there's going to be limited numbers on release?

I don't know if this is the right thread for this post, but I heard from some article that in Japan the marriage rates have been decreased to the point Japan's popularity has been decreased as well. Maybe that's what I think the MiX toy brand was created as a response to this, but that's just my guessing.