What's your favorite phrase in an alternate language?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arhalidin

Reaction score
Whether it's something you got off of Google Translate or an ancient par-Goblin proverb... What is it?

Here, I'll start:

Scheiss sturm!

for me it's "mirai" in Japanese and "kyopta" in Korean

"Servitas vitae."

"To save lives."

-GIGN (Groupe d'intervention de la Gendarmerie nationale, or the National Gendarmerie Intervention Group)

Whoops, forgot. It's in French.
I think you'll find that your phrase is actually in Latin. Latin is quite commonly used for mottos and such.

Many French words are descended from Latin, but the languages have unique grammatical structures.

I'm quite fond of the Arabic phrase عايش من قلة الموت pronounced "A'ish min qelat el mot" which roughly translates to "I live due to a shortage of death," more simply, "I live because I haven't died yet." It's really not so depressing a phrase as it might sound; such is true with many Arabic phrases.

I think you'll find that your phrase is actually in Latin. Latin is quite commonly used for mottos and such.

Many French words are descended from Latin, but the languages have unique grammatical structures.

I'm quite fond of the Arabic phrase عايش من قلة الموت pronounced "A'ish min qelat el mot" which roughly translates to "I live due to a shortage of death," more simply, "I live because I haven't died yet." It's really not so depressing a phrase as it might sound; such is true with many Arabic phrases.
latin is like an ancient human language right? :huh:

Per aspera ad astra

Latin

Translation Through hardships to the stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back