Which Connection version to buy

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swfan375

Reaction score
I recently bought a few of the color Tamas, and wanted to try some of the slightly older ones. As i mentioned in the title, I'm aiming for the Connection series. The only reason i ask is because all of the posts and forums I have read on the topic refer to the usage of Tamatown, which obviously doesn't help any.

So my question is; Without Tamatown, which of the Tamagotchi Connections would be the best to buy? I hear that 6 is high maintenance, so I probably won't get that one for now. Really I'm torn between both the 4(and 4.5) and the 5(and 5.5) versions. But i figured i would ask for some opinions first, since I read that 2 and 3 were fairly fun.

The Tamas i have now are the P's, IDLe, 4U, 4U+, Friends and Friends Dream Town.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Any help/opinions are appreciated. :3

V1 to V4.5 Connections are similar in that you hatch a character, care for it, can let it mate, and the cycle begins again. The V5 lets you raise three at a time, and the focus is often on mating your characters with the right mate to get a 'pure family' - it certainly is a different concept. The V6 is also different because the focus is on becoming a music star, hence the name. Unless this concept appeals to you, and since you've said you aren't after high-maintenance Tamagotchis, I would not recommend the V6.

The V1 is a bit bland, and your game choice is limited to two. The V2 is amazing, and was released before the Tamatown option, so you won't miss out on any of its features. V3 onward has Tamatown, which you won't be able to access, but they are fun versions nonetheless. I would recommend the V4/4.5 over the V3 because you have the school and work options, which bring in more points and an extra mini-game or two. You can hit up youtube for reviews of the features and games on all of these versions, and check growth charts to see which version has games and characters you would most prefer.

I'd personally recommend the V4.5, for its fun games. My other recommendation would be to perhaps consider getting two connections, if you're interested and if that is an option for you - the V1 - V4.5 can all connect with each other, and while V1,V2 and V3 are more laid back than the V4, being able to connect to another device makes up for it. Let us know how it goes :ichigotchi:

I would say a v2 or v3. However, of the ones you mentiond, get a v4.5. They're pretty easy to care for with the connection-era vibe still there.

Definitely V4. It doesn't need that much care, and the characters are so cute! The games are super fun, and there's lots of secret characters to unlock! I love seeing them grow up, going to school and getting a job and stuff! If you have a universal (Bad) care character, it'll be harder to get a job. But it's still so fun! I have the most memories with it.

So to update, i bought a V2, since there was one available for 10 dollars, and I'm super cheap. Next I plan on buying a V4(or 4.5 depending on price) then a V5(or 5.5...same reason)

Thanks everyone for their opinions on helping me decide :D I never owned any of the Connections when they came out, so when i started collecting i wasn't sure where to start :3

Latest posts

Back