Giga Pets and their survival for someone like me.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSG

Reaction score
I have not had much experience with Giga Pets lately, save for The Little Mermaid and Baby T-Rex ones, the former of which was very easy and the latter of which I could not keep alive for even 1 week.

I did play with the Virtual Alien years ago and believe he made it to at least 5 but I cannot be sure.

I'm wondering if GPs can work for someone like me, a person whose sleep schedule is not "normal" in that I tend to sleep all day and stay up until the wee hours of the morning. I'm hoping the GPs can last until I get up to pee, so they'd have to be left alone for at least a few hours.

I tried to tinker with the Baby T-Rex's clock but failed miserably -- upon resetting the clock, he died instantly. Ugh. The Ariel one was much hardier.

TM Edit: Topic moved to Gigapets Talk (Tamagotchi Cousins)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they go to bed from 9 PM (or 10 PM depending on when your Giga lets you know) to 7 AM. You are able to play and care for them until they go to sleep. They also request naps at 11:00 AM, 2:00 PM, and 6:00 PM (I may be wrong with these times, but that's what I heard.)

I have a Koala, and I wasn't really sure what to do with it as a first time user, so I feel you.

I don't remember having so much trouble with them when I was a kid but maybe that's because I was usually up early due to school.

I DO NOT recommend the Baby T-Rex, though, if you are looking to get one again in the near future (but that's up to you if you're ready for the challenge), as it can die off instantly faster than you can say "mythical". I haven't had one (and don't plan to), but I heard from several users on here that have it, that it's impossible to care for without it dying, like it needs you 24/7.

The Komputer Koala is mostly in between Easy and Hard to care for. The highest I got it to was 7 years old.

"I DO NOT recommend the Baby T-Rex, though, if you are looking to get one again in the near future (but that's up to you if you're ready for the challenge), as it can die off instantly faster than you can say "mythical". I haven't had one (and don't plan to), but I heard from several users on here that have it, that it's impossible to care for without it dying, like it needs you 24/7.

The Komputer Koala is mostly in between Easy and Hard to care for. The highest I got it to was 7 years old."

Is it possible that I can buy another Baby T-Rex and it have different programming? I ask because I have seen them in different shapes and with different-colored packaging. Mine had a brownish to tan background but the other one I have seen has a green one.

I got the wee b*stard to live about 4 days but then he died in the early morning as I was snoozing. He has had up to two skulls, indicating he was very sick, and I could not even make it to the doctor icon in time to save him.

"I DO NOT recommend the Baby T-Rex, though, if you are looking to get one again in the near future (but that's up to you if you're ready for the challenge), as it can die off instantly faster than you can say "mythical". I haven't had one (and don't plan to), but I heard from several users on here that have it, that it's impossible to care for without it dying, like it needs you 24/7.

The Komputer Koala is mostly in between Easy and Hard to care for. The highest I got it to was 7 years old."

Is it possible that I can buy another Baby T-Rex and it have different programming? I ask because I have seen them in different shapes and with different-colored packaging. Mine had a brownish to tan background but the other one I have seen has a green one.

I got the wee b*stard to live about 4 days but then he died in the early morning as I was snoozing. He has had up to two skulls, indicating he was very sick, and I could not even make it to the doctor icon in time to save him.
I haven't seen any on Amazon, sadly. And that's why I won't get one, because they're way too easy to kill...

I actually have the Baby T-Rex, my second so far, but gave up when he died after 4 days in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back