LPS Digital Pet Glitch Discoveries

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirachi100

Reaction score
When I was younger, I got a Littlest Petshop Digital Pet that was a cat. I later got a butterfly one, but this cat was all I had at first. Basically, it wants you to find 10 pets that escaped (Which all happen to be clones of the pet you're playing with) and you have to travel to different places and play games to find them. When the battery started dying, I experienced weird glitches at times that sound played. I later found out I could do these glitches whenever I wanted without the need of a dying battery. What I did was I quickly took the battery out and put it back in at any time it was playing music. (It doesn't sound very safe to keep touching the battery like that, so only do this if you're really that curious.) Most of the time it would reset or freeze (Pressing the reset button is required if it freezes) but sometimes I would get interesting glitches. I even began to realize 4 pets were programmed into these even though they were all sold separately!

Here is a list of glitches I can remember getting:

-Pet becomes one of the other 3 pets from this series (Cat, dalmatian, turtle, and butterfly are the 4 in this set and all were sold separately)

-Pet becomes one of the other pets but the escaped pets you need to find do not match. (Example: Turtle searching for dogs)

-Screen goes blank but it seems to still be working (Requires resetting to fix)

-Sound gets softer (Requires resetting to fix)

-Pet moves at hyper speed (Requires resetting to fix)

-Pet gets stuck in a place I want to call Glitch City (Resetting while holding the two main buttons is required to get out)

-A random scene (or scenes) play

-Loud sound and then meowing happens (Always scares me)

-Garbled pixel mess covers the screen (May or may not be animated)

-Slideshow of all the different sprites plays with most of them broken (Starts at a random part most of time and doesn't always play to the end. Very rarely will it show everything)

-All the sounds and music play, including an unused song! (Extremely rare to occur)

-Something strange happens, then it resets. (Hard to explain this one. Usually there is a strange glitch animation)

-Pet has glitch animations (Example: Pressing the toy button has the butterfly in a boat instead of playing with its leaf)

-Part of the screen goes missing (Requires resetting to fix)

-Thick black lines get stuck on the screen (Requires resetting to fix)

-Random music or sound plays (Often happens with the screen blank)

-Gets you into a random game that may or may not be glitched (Rare to occur)

-A glitch mess is seen walking past the screen (Usually resets afterwards)

-Pet ends up in a random area

-Pet loses the ability to connect with another (Resetting is required to fix)

-Pet stops turning off to save battery power (Requires resetting to fix)

-Pet doesn't respond to groom, food, and toy buttons (Requires resetting to fix)

That is all I can remember for now. I'm not sure if anyone is actually interested in Littlest Petshop glitches, but I wanted to share it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back