Thoughts on M!X - Discussion topic

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

datenshi_blue

Reaction score
I thought I would post this here, since it's not really Comments and rumours anymore.

What are your thoughts about the new tamagotchi?

I have been playing through the weekend and I like it very much. It has a lot of stuff to do and it's very fast. I mean, in three days I got an adult (it evolves every day) and he married off almost as soon as he became an adult. Also, you don't always have to propose. I sent Mametchi to play to Tamagotchi town and Lovelitchi assaulted him with a ring as soon as she got sight of him. You can say you accept her offer, reject it, or say you have got to think about it. LOL.

Same thing with second generation. The baby evolved and was out of the house and living on her own in a few hours.

I love having so many characters around, and so many towns to visit, with their own stores and things to do.

But I would like to have more mini games. Stuff is expensive and gotchi points come very little by little. There is only two mini games and I keep playing the rainbow one over and over again because you get to the end of it pretty fast. The stars one takes too long in my opinion.

Also, I don't think you can ever raise any of the original characters (except in first generation, that is). After that, everything is genetics, so there's always some mixing between the parents. I'm not saying this is a bad feature (of course not! it's what makes this tamagotchi special), but I was kinda getting all excited thinking about raising an original masktchi in the anniversary version. Now it looks like that won't be possible unless I'm missing something. Perhaps in a good number of generations, when the genes are all mixed up, an original can come up. I don't know. Will have to try, I guess.

Anyway, more things.

There was a chart in the comments and rumours post featuring what child you would get depending on what parent you mixed. That chart is incomplete. I guess we all figured that, but it's a fact. My Mametchi married Lovelitchi and their (female) child is not in that table. In fact, I have been watching all those youtube vids by Maruki and he got a different child (a lot cuter his girl, lol).

Also, you can use daycare if you're working/studying. But from the second generation on, you can also send the kid to visit their parents and it will act as daycare as well.

It seems there are characters around with tips as to how to use the features or how the genetics work. And also, sometimes, characters will come visit to your front yard. I got a visit from Kikitchi who gave me some bananas :p

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

I've been enjoying the m!x a lot!

I also really like how fast it is. In 4U+, I spent a lot of time getting to know my Tama, maxing out their school skills and getting their four-leaf clovers and so on. m!x on the other hand is more about the fun of seeing what the next generation will look like, so I let my tamas marry pretty early this time around. I do kind of miss teaching them skills, but it's nice not to have to worry about them as well.

m!x definitely feels like a lively, busy world. I enjoy watching my tamas play with all the original characters in their respective towns. There's quite a bit of content.

I do actually disagree with OP about games and gotchi points, however! There are four built-in games once you unlock all the towns, and I'm finding that I'm really hoarding more gotchi points than I can spend, even after buying all the available toys and goods. I play Rainbow Paint and Pikagoro Thunder frequently to keep my tama happy, and I've never had to worry too much about being able to afford food and so on. People who have access to m!x stations can add two more minigames to the list at the moment for a total of six... not too shabby.

I enjoy the addition of web browser-based content in m!x. I make sure to update my family tree on the m!x land site when a new generation is born, and the cooking minigame is pretty cute. I'd like to see more features like this in future tamas.

I feel like I'm forgetting some of the thoughts I had about this tama, but yeah, really having fun with it overall. I love the original characters, but it's fun mixing traits to create a unique tama just for me. :)

I do like it a lot. it is a less "busy" version without being too bare either. I'm definitely enjoying it more than my vanilla 4U. I can see it being a color version you can pretty much have on constantly, there's nothing against it- every character is bound to be different so no worries about collecting the same characters all over again, the growth is pretty fast and you can marry off your character immediately (well almost, you do have to work for it in a way which is nice)

There's a fair amount of built in items and accessories, I don't feel that I NEED more download content as I do in the 4U.

The kindergarten/leaving your character with its parents works way better than in the previous versions, I don't worry about leaving my M!X at home at all.

And the bigger screen is beautiful!! Though there's a downside to it- I almost can't look at the older colored versions anymore because the characters seem so small and the screen looks cramped, lol.

Probably my two biggest beefs are the lack of clothes and that the stations are the only way to get downloads so far. I do also miss the school/work aspect quite a bit, but eh, can't fit everything in one tama, right? One day...

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooooooo you know how certain snacks at the café will change your tama's colours? Apparently squid ink risotto does the same thing 😂 Was feeding my lil one nothing but that since it's one of her favourite dishes.

DvRxX85.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back