Your Ideal Tama Based on Past Versions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blooperz00

Reaction score
This is something think about a lot - how I like features from different tamas and wish they all existed in the same version.

At the moment, my Ideal Tamagotchi would have the shape of the v1 and v2, the wide screen of the v5/v6, the "you have to buy food in order to survive" of the v6, the school/jobs of the v4 and 4.5, and the babysitter feature that I think the 4U has (I only have connections). And a mix of all the characters across the versions.

That's all I can think of at the moment. What features would you mix?

I love the school feature on the Tamagotchi Friends Dream Town, where there are different classes each with a different minigame and playing them determines what character you will get. It would be great if it was combined with the job feature of the V4.

I like the faceplate-changing ability on the Tama-Go too.

For me, the Best Tama Ever would be one that is interesting and fun, but still simple enough to care for during a busy schedule (not having to pause during school/work, etc.).

So, some features this Tamagotchi would have:

- about the size of a vintage/Connection

- screen size of, say, a Famitama (just basing this off Tamagotchi I personally own)

- a color screen

- a wide variety of shell designs to choose from (as opposed to the limited, simpler options of recent versions)

- the ability to connect to other Tamagotchi

- many different characters, like the iD L

- characters would look more like the vintage characters (less anthropomorphic; some would be weird or downright ugly, instead of everyone being cute and fluffy like in recent versions)

- 3-4 games to choose from

- gotchi points

- one store where you can buy everything, and the stock changes daily

- character evolution would be dependent on both care and some form of stats (maybe not school or work, but what kinds of games you play, what foods you feed it, etc.). These stats would be visible to the player.

- the Matchmaker would appear randomly, but later on in the Tama's life (starting at age 8 or something)

I honestly could go on, but I'll uh... I'll stop here, haha. Clearly I've thought about this a lot. Yikes.

-TamaTown

-Maybe one black and white version, and one in color, to appeal to both audiences

-If you buy something, it's always in stock (except rare items)

-A mix of connection, modern, and some vintage characters

-Growth depends on more factors than just care misses (like Friends)

-TamaTown

-School and jobs (like V4)

-More food and item likes and dislikes

-More games

-TamaTown

-IR communication

-Growth may be based on previous generations (like M!X)

-Did I mention TamaTown?

-Some sort of an online e-tamago/tamatown where you can buy items and play games for gp, maaybe some exclusive items, but nothing very major just so if the inevitable shutdown comes it doesn't make the actual unit unplayable

-Color screen

-The no-icon-border style like in the M!X, but a slightly different take on it- if you press the A button it will show the icons in the classic top and bottom way, instead of the clunky menu

-At shop some stuff might be forever in stock, but it would be cool to see some limited/seasonal/changing quantity items you have to "hunt" for

-+C/iD L STYLE SEEDS!!!

-Schools and jobs like in the V4/V4.5, though at the worst case scenario the En/UraTama style would also be fine. I just want schools and jobs, man!

-Clothes! Removing clothes from M!X was a big disappointment for me, accessories are simply not enough,

-The kind of family theme M!X has

-Being able to choose if you want to mix the characters genetics or raise a first gen style character (adoption, anyone?)

-Some band style stuff like in the Music Star would be cool, come on, but maybe in a separate version.

-More things you can unlock slowly, like in the previous versions

-IR connection and downloads

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an interesting concept!

I have always only had one simple wish for a Tama, and that is to have the exact gameplay, characters, features, etc. of the P2 from 1997, except that it have the design of the V1/V2 shell (the bigger screen, more responsive buttons, etc.).

The button response on the old Tama's is mediocre at best compared to the Connections (or from what I've experienced, anyway). So merging the insides of the P2 with the outsides of the V1 would be my perfect Tamagotchi. :)

I'd love to see a version similar to the P's except these revisions:

• "Masculine" shells. My boyfriend and other males I've seen posting really love the content of the P's but the pastels and diamontes are waaaaay too feminine, even for Bronies...
  • Fun shells like the M!Xes for people who like bold colours ( PERSONALLY LOVE THE PASTELS AND DIAMONTES! But I want everyone to enjoy them.)
  • Language options. Ability to switch between Japanese and English without patching. Other languages if there is enough memory to add more.
  • Delux packs that include things like a full colour manual with pictures of the characters, sort of a handbook for the more serious fans/collectors.
  • Protective, hard, clear cases so you can take your tamagotchi with you on a lanyard. The case is clear so you can still show it off without it swinging around and getting scratched.
  • Fluffy, soft cases that zip up
  • Replace poop with ability to turn off light/tuck in. I really miss switching out the lights. There is something very strange about a Tamagotchi that can tuck itself in, read music- but poops on the floor.
    I would choose to swap out the poop cleaning for switching out the lights. Leave the bath option though, that is cute.
  • Pet VS Friend Tamagotchis as an option at the start. I love the P's but it's more like a child/friend than a pet. There could be ones that are more like pets with poop and old character designs.
    Then there are ones that are soley child/friend Tamagotchis (just like the existing P's minus pooping on ground) Many people miss the "crazy' designs of the older Tamagotchis.
    I love the cute ones (especially Kiraritchi!) but it would be sweet to have the older designs in colour. Like Zachi! If this required too much memory, you could just make it a different model.
  • More mini games! I know there are plenty of features + extra games on the Deco Pierces, but I think my main complaint about the P's is the lack of mini-games that collect Gotchi Points that are built into the device.
    It is the only thing about it that annoys me, and everything else would be great, but not entirely needed. There should be 7 quality mini games or more if possible.
  • More Deco Pierces! :) I love the Deco Pierces, and think it would be awesome to revise the P's with the above suggestions and then keep making more content on the Deco Pierces.
  • Features of the M!X Such as the child combination, and the ability to hide icons (maybe a choice between "classic" layout=icons on screen and "streamlined"=icons hidden in menu just like the M!X to make room on screen.)
  • Open online content again
  • Marketing & distribution outside of Japan.... That would be nice for Australians paying HUGE postage amounts to have things shipped to us...

Everything else about the P's is perfect, I love the size, the shape and how it feels in my hand. I also love the fact the colour models have moved on from the watch-battery and screws.
  • Eventually create Tamagotchi-Go! kinda software to compliment Tamgotchi franchise and build interest so they can fund this revised P's!

mine some of mine writen by others so here is mine and I also have some that not seen before

-worldwide relese (even for places where wery rarely seen tamas like hungary)

-if it is possible place a irDA bluetooth nfc

-make an online game like tamatown but they would be also relase a downloadable version for if bandai shud down servers you can still play

-not bump based charecters

-and all of others writen

-I now they are never was before but it would be very good.there would be released a Normal (tama userguide batteries maybe a growth chart) starter pack (tama normal pack+rechargeable batteries connection tama [i will write about it later]) Tama friends (same as the v2 true friends pack) pro pack (starter pack+Tama friends pack (2tamas) + a poster a touch card/deko pierce/downloadable characther media charms of mascot characters a pouch a cradle a sheet of stickers a cover (smillar like for ancestors) a faceplate)

-The connection Tama like the furby party rockers

-a personally trait like retro that smillar to this:"if your Tama is a baby or teen or before marry them play with a tamagotchi p1 for get p1 growth and etc etc with other versions" or maybe not a personality trait just only give a Tama for the mother or father and its children will be from that version that you given for your parent Tama like for example I give a OSU MESU and it will become into tsubutchi and it also has tmp meter and other things from OSU mesu

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to add to my previous post. The longer I collect & play the biggest thing that comes up is mini games/gotchi points. There has to be free food, as well as lots of ways to earn gotchi points and lose weight.

The key that the Royal Tamagotchis had, for one thing. I loved the keys.

Also, a connected online world like Music City or Tamatown, where you can go to existing locations and learn more about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back