Tamagtchi 4u app does'nt work with compatale s5?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toasted771

Reaction score
So a couple of days ago my 4u arrived in the mail, however, when i tried the app it didnt connect. NFC events still worked, and i did turn on NFC in my phone. I also checked the compatable phones list on the apps site and my phones model number SM-G900W8 is on the list. Did anyone else have this problem, and is there a fix?

*edit spelling errors

Last edited by a moderator:
Um btw how do I edit titles? Im really embaressed by this one lol. Wrote it on my phone this morning.

The list of compatible phones is unfortunately not completely accurate. My phone is on the incompatible list but works just fine, while others bought approved phones which don't work. All I can suggest is to replace your 4U batteries if you're using older batteries at the moment. Other than that, give the app a few tries, as it can take a while to get the 4U in the right position for connection. Unfortunately there is no way to fix it if a phone cannot connect :(

Mr. Blinky's list automatically updates itself, so it is accurate. However, your device can not work if it was modified by a provider for example or if anything in it was changed in any other way. And sometimes you have to really try hard to connect 4U to a device. Besides, I think 4Us NFC is weak by itself, I bought an Aikatsu card not too long ago and for the love of me I cannot connect it to my 4U.

Mr. Blinky's list automatically updates itself, so it is accurate.
How does it update itself? I'm legitimately curious, because I've seen reports of (unmodified) phones that aren't on the correct list, and I've personally owned two models that were compatible but remain on the incompatible list years later. So I'm not convinced the list is 100% reliable or comprehensive.

Yeah I think my phone is just incompatable :( . Must be 'cus of the provider. Thanks for the help though :) .

Whenever the app connects with the phone, the model of the phone is automatically added to the list (that's why a lot of model names are weird). So it is reliable, HOWEVER, again, a lot of phone providers modify the phone's guts. You can never be sure if your phone has the SPECIFIC kind of NFC 4U connects to, unfortunately. And it depends from country to country as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
So objectively, the list is not 100% accurate, as it pulls data from individual phones which may or may not be modified depending on many factors including network locking, provider and country. Surely the app does not have the permissions to see the exact components, specifications & software of each phone it connects to (the app does not disclose or request these permissions) and so certain models which are 'confirmed' to work may be those which are unlocked, or rooted, or modified, and so on. It also isn't an absolute reference point as phones get added to the confirmed list as time goes on, but it's the best guide we presently have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back