Current Tamagotchi Direction Discussion

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mimitchi ^o^

Reaction score
:nazotchi: Warning!! :excl:

If you get easily offended or you like the current direction Tamagotchi is in then thats fine, but you may not want to read this.

Ok, here goes:

I am really really steamed about the current direction of tamagotchi, for MANY reasons. First of all, its like they totally stopped trying to appeal to boys! Im not saying boys cant enjoy the glittery pink glamour of Tamagotchi now, but thats ALL it is now! Honestly Tamagotchis were great up until the colors because the shells were widely varied in design that appealed to everyone and there was a whole spectrum of characters so it was actually fun, unique, and surprising when you got a character. But now the characters all look like clones of each other with minor tweaks and its so infuriating! How do people honestly think this is unique and fun? Theres no variety at all... at least in the female characters. Just look:

14c45et.jpg

Wow. What a memorable cast of characters. Im sorry im being so salty about this but its really dumbfounding to me. I miss the connection and virtual tamas and the tamagotchis that are out now have sucky characters that are just so similar its not even funny. Bandai is totally ignoring a gold mine that tons of people would eat up, just to choose clone after clone after clone. Im not saying its for the money because Tamagotchis are like pets to me, but companies need money to make more product so yeah idk. Also on the pet thing, Tamagotchis dont feel like pets at all anymore. Its like little JR. tv show characters on a toy for young young children now. Its never ever felt like that until color tamagotchis. Not only that but like, why is Tamagotchi a romantic-y anime now? What the heck? Mametchi is like the one boy surrounded by all these girls that amazingly are all love interests and im just like?? I cant even think straight because im really ticked about this. I have way more to say but im just exhausted from the anger.

If you have more to say on this or have a serious rebuttal then please reply, because I dont want tamagotchi to feel like this anymore. I want the cute pets back, not the little toy you buy in the pink aisle at Toys R Us to satisfy your 5 year old niece. :(

Man i cant agree more
imageproxy.php
they all look too cute and they dont look different from each other. Like someone copy pasted moriritchi or any sparkly tamagotchi to each other's faces
imageproxy.php
OH AND I REALLY AGREE WITH THE "I DONT FEEL LIKE THEYRE PETS ANYMORE". Thats so true ._. Although i like the feeling like theyre my real "babies". And cant bandai advertise them more and make more tamagotchi shop franchises for people who cant go to japan? I mean yeah i know its to make the "real" tamagotchi shops more special but dang kids in this generation should know tamagotchis
imageproxy.php
and they should still let toy stores sell their old versions. Like schedule a certain month or season of the year on when to launch music star then launch the tama-go on the next or whatever. The point is, theyre not that rising anymore. :/ the m!x doesnt have that much appeal to me anymore too which is sad because... Er... Its weird
imageproxy.php
its cute but theres something about it that makes it weird. I thought i was the only one noticing these flaws but im happy someone has finally stood up for whats right. I hope tamagotchi could flourish more ☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮

This is something that has been complained about time and time again and I personally think it's the result of people wearing nostalgia glasses. Just like people who fervently believe generation one is the only good Pokemon generation and all newer Pokemon designs suck.

Believing that being feminine is bad is a flawed and frankly sexist opinion. Nobody complains about Transformers and Hot Wheels being boyish, so why do people only get salty over girly toy brands? Littlest Pet Shop used to be non-girly too many years ago but who cares? Most toys are oriented towards males or females these days, and Bandai chose to market towards females, which is the logical choice. Honestly Tamagotchi is a 'femnine' concept. It is a virtual pet where you feed, bathe, and look after a cute little critter. Things where you pretend to care for something, like baby dolls, are generally female-oriented. Thus, all the new sparkly cutesiness suits Tamagotchi and there's no reason boys can't like that kind of stuff.

I don't think the characters look similar at all. Everyone is unique. Everyone has creative outfits and distinctive designs. Even their eyes are all unique; everyone has different eye colors, eyelashes, highlight shapes, etc. But I guess the original Tamagotchis are sooooo much more different from each other...

vintagetamas_by_tamacorn-daml9q8.jpg

Oh, and if you're wondering why most of the modern characters have similar body shapes, it is so that on the color screen Tamagotchis, the different clothes would fit all the characters without Bandai having to make a whole bunch of different sprites for outfit for every character.

You say Tamagotchi is a romantic-y anime, but that is not true at all. Do you even watch the anime? There is no relationships among the main characters whatsoever aside from Himespetchi's crush on Mametchi, which he doesn't even know about and is usually for comical value. The rare times any romance is shown is usually just involving very minor characters and then never expanded upon. NONE of the main girls are love interests. Even if the Tamagotchi anime WAS romantic-y, which it isn't at all, it would make sense because the virtual pets heavily involve dating and marrying.

And finally, you describe Tamagotchi's current direction as being 'little JR. tv show characters on a toy for young young children' and 'the little toy you buy in the pink aisle at Toys R Us to satisfy your 5 year old niece.'

I am sorry but Tamagotchi is a TOY designed to make kids happy. You are the one choosing to play with toys, don't complain about them being for children. It's selfish to think Bandai should stop making Tamagotchi girly and fun for kids just to appeal to you and other salty guys. The Tamagotchi P's is super girly and sold EXTREMELY WELL; in fact, in Japan, it looks like Tamagotchi started selling better since it became more feminine and sparkly.

If you don't like how Tamagotchi is now, just ignore it and don't expect it to change for you. Plenty of franchises go through major changes and if you don't like the changes, just stick to the old versions that you enjoy.

I find it rather ironic that you started the post with 'If you get easily offended...' yet you yourself seem to be an easily-offended person since you 'can't even think straight' and are 'exhausted from anger' over sparkles and the color pink threatening your masculinity. Chill. There is a lot of unfairness and cruelty in the world and you choose to put all your energy into raging over toys being for little girls instead of being exactly the way you want them to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree almost the all

and e heard (ok ok i readed topics from that time)the connexion era was have a bigger craze than now (bigger merchanise

and more)

But i hoping for a better new version

I'm going to agree with Eternal Mametchi Fan here for the most part.

Before I say anything, I did grow up with Tamagotchi. I was around when it started in the late 90s, and I loved it back then (although I may have been a stupid kid eating up a fad because I had other virtual pets too at the time). I was around when the Connection era started (unfortunately I wasn't able to do much past the v1), loved that too. As a 23-year-old male, I still love Tamagotchi in its current state. If anything, I might love it more than I ever have. I am honestly fine with the direction it's going in right now. If anything, it has made me feel a lot less ashamed about appreciating cute things. I'm not one to let nostalgia ruin an entire franchise for me. In all honesty, to do something like that is incredibly stupid.

I have noticed the "issue" with the general body shapes not being as "unique" as they used to be, and that most now characters have simplified human-like bodies. In a way, I do miss the more "unique" body shapes a little bit, but in the end it honestly isn't an issue to me. It would be an issue if they were truly "clones of each other with minor tweaks" like you're claiming them to be, but they're not. Newer characters have more complicated designs than older characters did, and still are very easily distinguishable from one another. Even if you took all of their silhouettes, you would still be able to tell them apart. On top of all this, their personalities are far more fleshed out than older characters' were. Older characters had fairly limited personalities; they maybe had one or two personality traits and nothing more. Mametchi used to just be "well-behaved genius" and nothing more. You can actually become more attached to the characters now, relate to them more than you could before because they have these fleshed out personalities. They still have their primary traits, but they also have other little traits that aren't readily apparent like Melodytchi's lack of interest in romance (something that can't really be displayed on the "pets" unfortunately), her affinity for English words, her "unusual" sense of humor, etc.

As far as the "they're not pets anymore" thing goes, I'm honestly fine with this too. I certainly wouldn't call them "my babies", but more... little friends? I guess that makes sense, considering the "digital friends of the world" slogan. But when you think about it, past the vintage era, they didn't really act like pets anymore. They certainly didn't act like pets during the Connection era. Last I knew, pets didn't set up marriages with other pets, pets didn't go to the store to buy toys and food, pets didn't go to school, pets didn't play in a band, pets didn't get day jobs, pets didn't call their friends on the phone, etc.

If you're really letting a little "issue" like this affect your enjoyment of Tamagotchi, then maybe you're not as much of a fan as you thought? I'm not saying that a fan should just blindly eat up everything, but the "issue" you're complaining about really has no negative effect on the franchise. You do have to keep in mind that even since its beginnings, Tamagotchi was always much more popular with the female audience.

the connexion era was have a bigger craze than now
Keep in mind that tamas were still being exported to other countries during the Connection era. Since the start of the color era, the only tamas people outside of Japan got were exclusive monochrome tamas. I don't necessarily know the reasoning for this (other than the colored tamas obviously being more expensive to produce), but it very likely doesn't have anything to do with the "female focus" especially considering the Tamagotchi Friends is a UK release and is honestly probably one of the "girliest" releases.

This is something that has been complained about time and time again and I personally think it's the result of people wearing nostalgia glasses. Just like people who fervently believe generation one is the only good Pokemon generation and all newer Pokemon designs suck....

...........I find it rather ironic that you started the post with 'If you get easily offended...' yet you yourself seem to be an easily-offended person since you 'can't even think straight' and are 'exhausted from anger' over sparkles and the color pink threatening your masculinity. Chill. There is a lot of unfairness and cruelty in the world and you choose to put all your energy into raging over toys being for little girls instead of being exactly the way you want them to be.
Loooooool ooookay here we go, I knew id get someone like you on here.

Hun, you decided to reply to this too, so its kind of hypocritical for you to call me easily offended when you yourself responded.

I do not expect Tamagotchi to change for me. I even stated it was perfectly fine for boys to enjoy the way Tamagotchi is now, but it is ONLY femininely advertised. Its kind of sad that you have this extreme hatred for the male gender that having this notion of equality makes you so salty. Yikes.

having TMGC go back to its connection era in ways of equal style and characters would be great. Also its hilarious how you chose those six characters when I was specifically referring to the Connection Era. Memetchi, Mametchi, Gozarutchi, Mimitchi, Whaletchi, Kutchipatchi, Tarakotchi, Itchigotchi, Oniontchi, Hanatchi, Violetchi. All of those characters are EXTREMELY different in looks, yet you choose the characters that look most like each other. But of course you did that, you want to be right.

Even your statement on the outfits for the color: Honey, in the connection era Bandai was able to put in items like the Bow, Bowtie, Make-up, shoes, and other items for every single adult, so it shouldnt be that difficult on a COLOR TAMAGOTCHI that can do way more than the connections ever could. Nice try though.

The newer pokemon designs are great and I love mimikyu so what even?

I do admit i've never watched the anime, just what i've seen of screenshots and little gifs. Im sorry for assuming that of the anime.

I wish I could stick to the designs I love and enjoy, but they're being sold by the dozen on eBay and Bandai doesnt make the connection kinds anymore so what can I do? The ones that ARE on shopping websites usually start at 30-40 and not everyone even has that kind of cash, including me.

Ok, sure the P's may have sold extremely well in Japan. in Japan. Also I just LOOOOVE how you assume my gender without even knowing my backstory. lol good job bae.

Trans boys, masculine girls, and just people as a whole could enjoy tamagotchi so much more if it wasnt just aimed towards the glittery pink side of things, and instead was like literally every other shell design ever made and was gender nuetral. You may enjoy the feminine things, but thats YOU.

I do not believe being feminine is bad. My three best friends are girls. I was raised with my mother and two sisters. Im literally freaking gay, yet you try to read me and my life and put words in my mouth, assuming what I mean. You assume im masculine, which im not. Should I assume you have certain genitalia? No. My whole point of making this topic was for a more gender-nuetral tamagotchi again. Not to be sexist, not to be a 'salty man' like you assume I am, and certainly not to bash the femininity of humans. You assumed all of those things, so you must be easily offended. Im sorry you're that way. ^_^

I'm going to agree with Eternal Mametchi Fan here for the most part....

Keep in mind that tamas were still being exported to other countries during the Connection era. Since the start of the color era, the only tamas people outside of Japan got were exclusive monochrome tamas. I don't necessarily know the reasoning for this (other than the colored tamas obviously being more expensive to produce), but it very likely doesn't have anything to do with the "female focus" especially considering the Tamagotchi Friends is a UK release and is honestly probably one of the "girliest" releases.
I respected your opinion aaaaallll the way up until the 'affect your enjoyment of Tamagotchi'. I still buy the colors because I love Tamagotchis. If you even looked at my collection on my profile you'd see im still in touch with the franchise. It was REALLY unneccesary to state 'maybe you're not as much of a fan as you thought?' that was pretty rude? I'll still buy the Tamagotchis. I'll still play them. It's just not as fun as it used to be in my opinion. Also it does negatively affect the franchise (at least in America) if not everyone can enjoy it for fear of the social stigma that comes attached to enjoying a 'girly toy'. Two words: Gender Nuetral.

"Affecting your enjoyment" doesn't mean you suddenly hate the franchise and want nothing to do with it , it means that you don't enjoy it as much as you could because of those little factors. You can't act like that's not true when you literally said "it's just not as fun as it used to be". That makes it clear that it does actually affect your enjoyment, whether you want to admit it or not. And yes, you indeed might not be as big of a fan as you thought if you're truly getting worked up over something insignificant like this and allowing your judgment to be clouded by the "good old days" and rejecting basically anything new as a result.

As for "negatively affecting the franchise", that's certainly an issue with society and not the franchise itself. I know that the franchise is primarily marketed towards girls, but just about every child-targeted franchise is marketed towards one gender. It makes selling the products easier and nothing more. I can understand possibly being afraid to express your interests because you think you'll be looked down upon for it, but by doing that you're only helping to enforce stupid gender stereotypes (and before you get the wrong idea, I'm not solely placing blame on you). I'm not saying one person alone will make a huge difference, but at the very least you should try to be proud of what you like. I can tell you that into high school onwards, the general public doesn't care much about what you like anymore. People mature and realize that everyone is different. I wear tiny tamas and Mero keychains, and nobody says a word. Nobody cares. For the few that do make fun of you, just ignore them. That might sound easier said than done, but if you truly care you should make the effort to just drown out everything they say. You alone won't suddenly destroy gender stereotypes but at the very least you should be able to get people around you to accept you. But you can't expect your fears to magically fade away. You either have to make the effort to conquer them, or just let them rule your life.

Gender neutrality isn't going to be truly achieved by making variants targeted at the opposite gender; if anything, that's only going to stray further away from it.

"Affecting your enjoyment" doesn't mean you suddenly hate the franchise and want nothing to do with it , it means that you don't enjoy it as much as you could because of those little factors. ...

Gender neutrality isn't going to be truly achieved by making variants targeted at the opposite gender; if anything, that's only going to stray further away from it.
Its funny how you're trying to tell me where I stand on tamagotchi's. I know where I stand on Tamagotchis and assuming that your statement is apparently knocking me down a peg is hilarious.

Please don't try to counsel me, either. I'm perfectly fine wearing my tamagotchi's in public. I get people all the time who're like "Wow, those still exist?! Can I play with it?" so im pretty good. Also I did not mean making variants targeted at the opposite gender. Bandai was fully capable of making a wide variety of feminine, masculine, and plain gender neutral shells during the connection era: Lipstick Marks, Hearts, Flames, Dragon Scales, Blue Waves, Graffiti, and even just plain colors like blue, white, purple, pink, and orange. Basically you're rebuking your own statement when you say "targeted at the opposite gender... only going to stray further away from it". Because didnt bandai create Digimon as a more masculine appeal to the Vintage tamas? Im pretty sure Digimon did great too. But thats not what I was saying so that was useless jabber.

I do not want to continue this discussion if all we're going to do is argue. Having a calm debate instead of seemingly trying to win over a side was my intent, but if its just going to be like this then I'll try to get a mod to close this topic because this is coming off as pretty rude and pointless. I am not trying to fight people or push people to take my opinion. Im stating an opinion of quite a few fans for their own personal reasons; the second poster on this topic, for example. I know someone who literally not even buy a music star or above because of their own reasons so I dont think im alone here in this opinion, I request you please stop treating me like I am.

I was actually being fairly civil about it. At this point I honestly don't know why I bothered when the OP itself is fairly aggressive and you've been extremely aggressive towards anyone with a different opinion. It's clear (despite what you claim) that you never actually intended to have a two-sided discussion here. Nowhere was I trying to "knock you down a peg", and none of that "useless jabber" would have even been brought up had you not even made the complaints about Tamagotchi being "girly" now or brought up the thing about males being afraid to like it. I don't know who you are so I can't be expected to know what you actually do, but when you make posts like these it really gives off the wrong impression. When I said "variants" I didn't mean an entirely different alternative like Digimon, but I guess I should have expected that you would have gone to that extreme. I wasn't treating you as if you were alone in not liking the current direction of Tamagotchi either. I know other people aren't entirely fond of the current direction of it, but for the most part they're not "exhausted from anger".

If you actually want to have a "calm debate", then maybe make a calmly-written OP with a clearly shown intent to be open-minded instead of angrily whining. Just a suggestion.

I was actually being fairly civil about it. At this point I honestly don't know why I bothered when the OP itself is fairly aggressive and you've been extremely aggressive towards anyone with a different opinion. It's clear (despite what you claim) that you never actually intended to have a two-sided discussion here. Nowhere was I trying to "knock you down a peg", and none of that "useless jabber" would have even been brought up had you not even made the complaints about Tamagotchi being "girly" now or brought up the thing about males being afraid to like it. I don't know who you are so I can't be expected to know what you actually do, but when you make posts like these it really gives off the wrong impression. When I said "variants" I didn't mean an entirely different alternative like Digimon, but I guess I should have expected that you would have gone to that extreme. I wasn't treating you as if you were alone in not liking the current direction of Tamagotchi either. I know other people aren't entirely fond of the current direction of it, but for the most part they're not "exhausted from anger".

If you actually want to have a "calm debate", then maybe make a calmly-written OP with a clearly shown intent to be open-minded instead of angrily whining. Just a suggestion.
1) You came off as rude

2) I was saying that listing shell designs was useless jabber

3) Thats what I thought you meant by variant. Im so sorry that you're saying im extreme for misunderstanding you. Yikes

4) It seemed like you were saying I was alone. OOPS, misunderstanding again?

5) Angrily whining, nice. If thats what my stance on things appears to be to you then great, leave.

SERIOUSLY TAMAGOTCHI RULES ON POSTING: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/104010-welcome-to-seriously-tamagotchi/

SITE RULES: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/56068-the-rules/

Oh :(

Everyone on this site is entitled to post an opinion as long as the reply falls within the rules, but that's not happening.

If you'd like a mature, sensible discussion about the current tamagotchi direction by all means, go ahead but if you make a topic like this then it is realistic to expect that the issues you raise will be supported, debated or contradicted by others.

It seem that initially at least everyone took the time to explain their point of view and support their opinion with examples.

• Don't take it personally if someone doesn't agree with you.
  • That doesn't make them wrong and you right.
  • A different interpretation or viewpoint from the discussion topic doesn't make you a "better" or more "loyal" tamagotchi fan than someone else.

All pretty self evident. Take a pause everyone.

I'm really not interested in explanations detailing how passionately you feel about this subject - that's evident.

I'm interested in every participant respecting the site rules every time they post a reply.

The debate is not about my moderating decisions, it's about the direction tamagotchis are going ;)

My problem is not that Tamas are aimed more at females. I'd rather them be more unisex but I can deal with the way they are. My problem is that Bandai America seems to have turned their back on the product. Tama Friends failed. Badly. And now the only way for an American to get one is online. I miss the days when I could walk into a store and walk out with a Tama. I don't care about them being girly. I care about them not being available in stores. But Bandai America just does not seem to care about Tamas anymore.Tama Friends was clearly only a half hearted effort. This is the kind of thing that bugs me.

I am a 25 year old female. I recently got out my music star, the only one of my old collection I still laying around. After remembering how much I love them I wanted to share them with my daughter. I purchased us both a dream town tama. I was shocked to find that they're not available in any stores but hot topic here in America.

Being a woman that loves all things kawaii, I love the direction Tamagotchi has gone. I see why some are upset that they're more feminine now but with the ability to customize the faceplate inserts and faceplates, I don't see the big deal. I was pretty bummed to see you can only get jewelry on the Friends and DT. However, the amount of games, destinations, and school, make up for that (imho). I personally never really used the items I aquired much anyway. I haven't used a color one yet, but I prefer the old style of screens.

The Tamagotchi have never been like 'pets' for me, rather 'pals'. Since the first connection I haven't seen them as pets because many look somewhat humanoid anyway. I've never known a male personally that had a Tamagotchi. I know there are many, but the main audience is children and women. As a company with limited resources I would invest in making the product more appealing to my target market rather than more widely available. They've built a fan base so they no longer need to try appealing to all. Some of the shells are general neutral, they just aren't always with the prints. There are many plain colors (white, orange, blue) and even a few prints that are suitable for boys too.

As an adult male who has been around since the initial craze in the 90's and recently returned to the franchise I will share my opinion on the current direction.

I love the fact the franchise has developed characters into more than just 'pets' and whilst some game mechanics don't appeal to me I can appreciate what they have done for the overall franchise (Please note I have not played with the newer models as of yet but have watched loads of clips, read blogs, reviews etc)

The direction of marketing primarily to girls is somewhat a shame as whilst I am a huge fan of some of the 'girly' shells I do like a huge variety and miss the creative designs some of the older models have but in other aspects I love the customisation in faceplates, pierces, stickers and understand that business will target its biggest consumer and for Tamagotchi that happens to be female (currently, maybe one day it will turn gender neutral again)

The new character designs are varied just mainly humonoid and I am excited to care/share experiences with newer characters and love the accessories/clothes feature and cannot wait to spend gotchi points on customisation!

I think Tamagotchi is heading into a positive direction and with a few tweaks (varied shells, more consumer interest, expanding upon mechanics) could go amazing places!!!

If the newer models aren't too your standards, the old ones are never going anywhere and have you considered (aside from the marketing towards just a female audience) what mechanics/updates/ideas you would like in a new tamagotchi release? Do you want them to release a simpler model like the vintage kind? Is there certain mechanics you want to be expanded upon/removed? Do you have any character ideas? All food for thought which make being a fan of any franchise fun. (we cannot like everything naturally)

I see why some are upset that they're more feminine now but with the ability to customize the faceplate inserts and faceplates, I don't see the big deal.
Yep.

I'm not at all a fan of kawaii stuff or stereotypically girly things, so some of the colour tamagotchis never clicked with me. Although I was initially disappointed by either the design or content of many colour-screened tamagotchis, there is so much custom content out there now that I can personalise them exactly how I want. Luckily enough the 4Us came in a rainbow of colours. And the m!x is great; printing and cutting out a paper insert is cost-effective, and I can make them look however I want. I've also got an ancient mobile phone lying around, so I can download the custom P's VDPs, and re-live the vintage era in colour.

I'm really happy about the 20th Anni Mix too. Bandai appears to use aniversary edition to please (or appease) the nostalgic fans. Comes in neutral white, and stuffed to the brim with simpler, less fluffy characters, like the 15th anni iDL. While much of the recent direction, including most of the animes have not appealed to me, I appreciate that Bandai makes the effort to bring us more traditional content. Add on the vintage & connection eras and a world of customisation potential, and I'm one happy Tamagotchi fan.

The target audience from the iD era bothers me, I like the new characters, I have no problem with Yume Kira Dream being "too girly", c'mon, people who says that and then watches MLP and Sailor Moon and then say YKD is too girly should seriously go to a mental doctor, YKD was kinda revolutionary for a modern anime, since it revived the traditional magical girl formula from the late 60's/early 70's, when a little girl simply finds a magical item and uses it to solve problems and help people, or even transform herself, it had some bunch of Creamy Mami stuff, but honestly even the 2009 anime had some Creamy Mami references despite Lovelitchi not using any magical item to become an idol, so I kinda liked that instead of being a generic idol show like Aikatsu.I'm fine with female characters as long as they're nice, boys should watch Tamagotchi just like girls, it has some valuable morals and fun moments, stuff that usually lacks in anime meant for little boys that are too much focused on action, so I'm ok with everything except the marketing, because I really do not like the pink glittery stuff and the girly designs, and I hate how Bandai thinks boys shouldn't play with it, I just hate how society says boys can't be caring, learn about friendship, socially interact and show their emotions but instead should all be cold hearted and bullies, Bandai is really sending a bad message with that, it bothers me how back in the 90's there were more slice of life shows with male protagonists but now just shows aimed at girls can be about daily routine, boys should only be interested on action, boys aren't going to relate too much to the characters, for example, Ojamajo Doremi is an anime meant for girls but it's so relatable to any kid, it shows the real life issues that could happen to any kid regardless of gender, and kids will relate to that, it's already rare to see girls shows doing that, but shows meant for boys rarely do that, there's rarely stuff to relate to and little to no moral, since a really young age boys learn that they should just be aggressive and don't cry, but if they watch a show like Doremi or even Tamagotchi they would learn that expressing your emotions freely isn't bad at all, I honestly think it's really bad marketing, and I'm bother of seeing the whole "boys shouldn't show their emotions" in 2017.If boys back in the day liked Tamagotchi boys can definitely like it too if they see in the commercial isn't just aimed at girls, I mean, most boys on the Kids react to Tamagotchi even liked the concept more than girls, it's all about how you market it, the whole gendering toys thing really limits a child's fun and imagination, if a science kit toy is aimed only at boys people get angry, but Tamagotchi, as a toy about responsibilities, caring and social interaction, is just aimed at girls nobody sees the problem, I want to inform you that social interaction is mostly seen as a girls thing, this is why people think "girls talk a lot and go to the bathroom together", and still implies that boys shouldn't express their emotions, this is sexist.

I personally enjoy the older characters, and the ability of actually getting food items, toys, or clothes than a jewel collection that your character can't do anything with, which is why I will never buy a TF or TF Dream Town. Those do not interest me. I enjoy the m!xes very much, however. I don't care for the way the franchise is going here in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back