Sign in to follow this  
Priestess of Syrinx

(Fake) Pokemon Electronic Pet!

Hey friends, if you follow the mail thread you know I'd been seriously eyeing this fake pikachu pet for a while and finally it's arrived!

I've got a lot of images and apparently tamatalk doesn't have the thumbnail image tag, so I'll be linking them because they're rather large :)

Here's what the package looked like when it arrived. Pretty small, but just the same as the seller's photo!

Until, of course, I slid the plastic off the backing card... What did they do to Ash's legs?? :(

The back of the package had instructions in Spanish(?) on it, but they didn't actually line up with the icons in the actual game, so they were pretty useless.

The Pikachu stands on his own, which is pretty cool! I think the only other pet I have that does that is the mid-2000s Giga Pet.

Here's the first stage! The opening animation showed a little wagon rolling along, and then I was left with this little ant to take care of. He looks pretty grumpy, but so far he's been very easy to care for! I don't think I've seen his hunger or happy meters go down yet.

You can play the same little dancing game as the P1s with him. The little guy doesn't actually stop dancing the moment you press the button, like many other VPs, which adds to the challenge of this one. It plays a funky little pentatonic-scale tune when you start the game.

When you turn the lights out, it shows a door closing animation then it stays on this house. Maybe this is how you pause the game? I'll find out when I take him to work, I guess! :)

The use of the 4 buttons was really not obvious at first. A activates the menu, but is also the accept button, so if you press A twice he just gets grumpy because you tried to feed him when he's not hungry. After the menu is activated, A accepts, C advances the menu, B goes backward in the menu, and D cancels. When the menu is not activated, D opens the clock, which just sets to midnight when you boot, and it's up to you to figure out how to change it.

I was surprised that this VP had a ROM I hadn't seen before! I was expecting the program to be one of those generic 128-in-1 ROMs that you can get for 20c on ebay, and I was buying it just for the hilarious case. The plastic does feel a little cheap, and his tail wiggles a bit, but I still think this little guy was worth the price of admission.

• Like 3

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By OneSummerDream
      Yes, that’s how JD spelled it. 
      The Tamagotohi is a fake Color Tama that came out a year after the real one (so, 2009). It has a built in FM radio, IR communication like real Tamagotchis, and photos can be transferred via USB to use it as a digital photo frame. 
      The only known screenshot was posted here on TamaTalk a few years ago, but the link provided there leads to a blank page with no archives.
      https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/189867-tamagotchi-colour-fake/

A reserve image search revealed that it had originally been shared to another Tamagotchi forum back in 2009. Google Translated English version here.

Fun facts- The Tamagotohi originally retailed for $6 USD adjusted for today. If you look closely on the box, it shows drawings of the different characters.
      User MadamBoss of Tamagochy shared a photo of the toy and box, confirming something: this was made by JiDan. Look at how the model number has “JD” before it. This is how every virtual pet by JiDan (under their original name) is stylized:
      Ex)
      Interestingly, the Touma Pet (a recent fake Color by M&D) has a similar model number, only this time it has “OK” before it. (Plus it uses stuff from A-Watch and QPet Quolor.) Where have we seen that before? Oh yeah! Are M&D, OK, and JD related? Who knows. If so, a Bootleg Tamagotchi conspiracy would prove that reality truly is stranger than fiction.
      The gist: Color Tama fakes are nothing new. And, the Handwarmer Pedometer Handwarmer Powerbank Tamagotchi is the tip of the iceberg for mutant bootlegs.
      At the moment, there are no known videos, other photos, or old listings. The lack of any info makes it more illusive than even the Tamagezi. This can be considered “lost,” as there is no actual documentation left online. With that being said, if anyone here has more things like pictures or one of these perplexing devices on hand, it would be much appreciated if you could help solve the mysteries surrounding this strange bootleg.
    • By Sabishi
      Hi there! 
      So I received my Eevee Tamagotchi two days ago and so far I'm pretty happy with it. It's pretty easy to satisfy and not needy at all. But there are two things I can't seem to figure out:
      1. Sometimes Eevee beeps at me for no reason at all. Even if it is completely happy. There's no way to dicipline Eevee for beeping without any reason, so I wonder: Why does Eevee do that? Am I missing something?
      2. Has anyone figured out yet how to evolve Eevee into an Espeon/Umbreon? 
      Thanks in advance! :)
    • By OneSummerDream
      Hello and welcome to my mega bootleg log, and also first log ever! 
      I will be running a bunch of different bootlegs and knockoffs, some of which are obscure. If you have any questions about one, please leave a question and I will reply to it in the next entry.
      Where to find fakes: eBay is good for older knockoffs from the 90's, while Aliexpress is great for finding new ones. Taobao also has a lot,  but you might need a middleman depending on where you live. I don't recommend buying any besides M&D ones (QPet, Nana Moon, etc.) because they tend to be really bad otherwise.
      First up is the Crystal Warriors 10th Anniversary game. Info links:
      English instructions here.
      Baidu article here.
       All 130 episodes of Crystal Warriors here.
      Pics of the box.
      After doing some research it turns out the cartoon was only 8 years old at the time these were released, but apparently in order to coincide with the Pendulum 20th Anniversaries M&D made this rerelease. The instructions also state that there are 4 different versions, similar to the real Pendulum releases, but this is false and they all have Vritramon. (However, the original release of this did have 4 and had more care features, and there's always a possibility of M&D releasing more in the future.) This probably isn’t going to fool anyone, but is it a bad knockoff? Surprisingly, no. I’ve never played a Digimon before and am not that familiar with them, but from what I’ve seen it is kinda similar.
      There are 6 different tournaments, and I have 3 more to go. Then, there is a final boss. After that I have to replay through everything again in order to get 200% completion, so nothing will be missed. 

Recap of Day 1, Sorry no photos this time: 
      I started the Crystal Warrior up, and right off the bat I knew this wasn’t going to be a standard vpet. It’s more of a game that mimics a virtual pet. This was surprising since the Nana Moon minis have all their features entact, but not these. Unfortunately, when M&D pumped these out to cash in on the anniversary Pendulums, they got rid of pet functions. There's still an incentive to check on it, since its power will slowly deplete every few hours. I just put the tab back in when I'm busy since it has a save feature.

After reading the instructions and grinding with the 3 games to buy a crystal, it was time to enter the first tournament. Evolving the monster makes it very OP, rendering the Help feature obsolete since using crystals to evolve is necessary to win. I had no idea what was going on, but it was a swift victory. The second one was harder, since I tried relying on the Help. That ended up backfiring, and I lost during the 4th round. For “Help,” there are 3 other characters to choose from, which are from the 3 other versions. Each swapped warrior replaces Vritramon and evolves into its second form to attack, but can only be used once per tournament. Battles only last a few rounds, even if both are still standing. Whoever has the most HP left wins. Since HP doesn’t replenish between rounds, I was lucky to have even made it that far. When you lose, the warrior’s power/training bar stays the same but you have to try again. There’s a progress page that shows total battles won (regardless if the tourney is lost) and the total completion rate. 
      After grinding for more money and rebuying the crystal, it was pretty easy. Rinse and repeat for round 3, and I have 3 more to go.
      Now, this is kind of a nitpick, but the spritework on this is kind of mediocre. Some of the characters look poorly drawn. I understand that a lot of detail needs to be added in a small space, but sometimes the results leave me scratching my head.

I mean, I can kind of see how the sprite matches the drawing, but this was my first impression without knowing what it was supposed to be.
    • By AnniChu
      So I went to a white elephant gift exchange, and I actually ended up getting a fake Gigapet (A friend of mine brought it and suggested that I choose her package :p)! It's called a Digapet (they got real creative, I know) but it seems to be just a generic v-pet because the back of the package says it has 160 pets. I opened it up but I haven't tried it out yet because I've heard these things sometimes don't go to sleep, and I don't want to be up all night with it. I read the instructions and they're actually pretty well put together, the English is pretty good and they're pretty well formatted. Although apparently you have to give it laxatives, which is pretty strange, but amusing. XD Has anyone else heard, or owned this fake?
    • By tamapalace
      The moment has finally come! Bandai Japan has just officially announced the Eevee Tamagotchi, which is that fabulous collaboration that was leaked a few weeks back. Tamagotchi and Pokemon fans around the world can rejoice because this one is good.
      Just as you’ve expected, the details previously provided are pretty much on par with the official details. There will be two versions, ‘Love Eevee’ and ‘Colorful Friends’ which feature different shell designs, but will both have the same content.
      Each Eevee will hatch from an egg and depending on your care you can get a variety of Eevee’s! Each variation of Eevee is a bit different and all based upon care, there are a total of 8 variations of Eevee; they’re all super adorable! There also appears to be three mystery variations that Bandai has not yet released, but you can see that in the graphic above.
      You’ll be raising Eevee the whole time, which includes feeding, playing games, and enjoying Eeevee’s close up expressions right on your Tamagotchi screen! How adorable?
      The Eeeve Tamagotchi’s will be released on January 26th 2019, the MSRP is ¥2300 which is roughly $20 USD. The targeted age group for this device is 6+ due to its simplicity. It’s very important to note that this device is very different from the traditional Tamagotchi as it has similar functionality to the Tamagotchi Nano, and the newer Gudetama Tamagotchi.
      Bandai will be releasing a video really soon with additional information and functionality. We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we receive additional information. How excited are you for this Eevee Tamagotchi?!