Sign in to follow this  
Nokogiritchi

Custom TARDIS Tamagotchi!

Hi Doctor Who fans and Tama nerds!

There was already a thread for custom Tamagotchis, but as it is now locked I decided to start a new one. Apologies if this already exists as something current, but I could not find it so here we are.

Anywho, I just wanted to show off this picture of the custom paint job I just did to my see through yellow V3. It's far from the most elegant thing in the world as it is all done by hand and finished with several layers of clear nail polish, but I still think it's cute and since it took me the whole day I thought it worth posting in case anyone was interested.

This is what it looked like before (image not mine):

21do875.jpg

And this is it now, warts and all:

335bbtl.jpg

That's a little pouch beside it - you know, so the TARDIS doesn't get damaged :* It works perfectly and makes me smile whenever I see it, because it combines my two great loves in one fabulous - if scruffy - little mutant creation.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and please feel free to post any of your own customs, if people still do that, haha.

Peace.

-Nokogiritchi

• Like 2

Wow! What a great job, custom tamagotchis are so cool :D

I'm reminded of the art style they used back in the vintage Tamagotchi days. You may think it's scruffy, but I think it fits nicely.

• Like 1

That's very sweet of you, Gazette. I kind of agree, actually. It looks better in person than in the photo, and besides, I'll love it no matter what! Haha :D

I love Doctor Who! The custom paint job is absolutely fantastic! :D

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Penguin-keeper
      This custom wearable 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi Mini - which I've named the "Tamagotchi Pinny" - was the result of a couple of my interests colliding. One of the other things that I collect aside from virtual pets is pins, and back in the 1990s I also collected LCD-game wrist-watches and always wondered why Bandai never made a wrist-watch version of the Tamagotchi - after all, the "gotch" part of the brand-name partly comes from the word "watch"! (Other manufacturers did make virtual pets in watch format, but Bandai themselves did not - they only licensed out the Tamagotchi branding for several different types of non-virtual pet watch.)
      After seeing a picture of a Tamagotchi Mini that had been turned into a ring, this musing about wearable virtual pets resulted in a random decision to create a wearable Tamagotchi of my own. So I picked up a 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi Mini in purple, and I went for it. I almost decided to try this with one of the Tamagotchi Original reissues, but I stuck with the Mini because it's small and light, which is important for its use as a pin, and because it's a low-maintenance virtual pet, which just felt like the right choice for this project.

I used multiple layers of Gorilla Super Glue to attach two brooch-bars to the battery cover, and a tie-tack to the clasp part of the ball-chain. The gluing looks hideous and untidy from the back, but it's also very secure and solid. Nobody will see the back when it's in use, anyway!

Here's how it looks on my Tamagotchi lanyard.

And here's how it looks on a wrist-strap. This isn't a proper watch-strap, but rather a thin charm-bracelet strap - I might get a proper strap for it at a later date, though I prefer the idea of wearing it as a pin so this isn't a priority right now. I left the ball-chain removeable for this purpose, regardless.
      I'm really happy with how the Tamagotchi Pinny turned out, and I'm looking forward to wearing it at geeky get-togethers in the future. And if I can get an appropriate watch-strap, I might still make that Tamagotchi Original "Tamawatchi" yet!
    • By Candythief
      Hello! I recently restarted few of my older Tamagotchis. Sadly, some have faded shell designs, rubbed off of faded letters, or scratches in the shell paintings. I think this does apply for any tamagotchi with painted shell designs.
       <---- this is an example. Not mine. My designs, letterings are luckily only a very, very little faded.
      Im a person who likes his tamas in best condition possible and i do have good drawing skills.
      These little damages of mine would be very easy to touch up with a suitable paint. I tried to repaint the silver wings of my angelgotchi with a silver permanent marker but it got rubbed off very quickly, its seems not permanent enough on plastic.
      I wonder with what i can repaint the shell designs best. i thought of Nail polish, but i think nail polish does not dry as flat as the original paint and it would be visible that it was repainted. 
      Do you guys have any tips for me?
      How about gundam markers? These are intended for painting action figures. Do anyone knows them? Are they more rub resistant?

• By Berryitchi
      HI I HAVE A TINY BUT REALLY MAJOR PROBLEM!! So, I have the pink swirl mini. The swirls are gone. Yeah, already. So... this morning I saw some dirt on my tama (on the pink area around the screen). I... made the mistake of scratching it with my fingernail. *winces* I scratched off some of the paint too. So, it's... middle of screen > left > SCRATCH Uhh... HELP IT'S A FAIRLY SMALL THING BUT IT'S REALLY BUGGING ME!!! Idk if I should risk painting it (scarrrry) or scratch it all of. I was hoping I could keep that bit, otherwise it's a pink tama with light pink buttons. But it's bugging me so much!! What do I do? (I have normal paints and acrylics - well, gouache too)
    • By Berryitchi
      Hello! I was wondering what tamagotchi friends design is the most popular. I like the pink hearts the most with the colourful leopard being a close second. Take the poll!
    • By Jemsey
      Hey, hi!

I recently found the IDmakeDL application (which I believe was created by @Binary?), and got super excited about the prospect of making custom downloads! Does anyone know of any resources on how to learn how to use this software? Or possible any sprite bases for clothing/accessories? All I could really find was a blog post by someone saying there wasn't much out there </3 and that was posted a couple years ago.

xo,
      Jemsey
    • By TolueneZene
      Alright, recently i received a wonderful melon soda keitai as a gift from my lovely girlfriend, and it has become the crown jewel of my collection. I also got a very pretty summer night v3 with it, but they both have a few little faults that i would like to fix to help better their condition!
      First off, the paint on the both of them has chipped off a but, and i would like to fix the little things that i can. Does anyone know what kind of paint would be best? I am not risking anything by using nail polish, as ive heard it tends to smear the designs and causes the shell to yellow.
      The other thing i would appreciate getting help with is whitening my melon soda's yellowed buttons! I have tried dunking them in water with baking soda and lime, and gently washed them with toothpaste, but neither method has achieved anything, except for temporarily causing my tam to glitch and forcing me to reset. I would try soaking them in chlorine, but I am very paranoid about using such a strong chemical on the soft rubber. Does anyone know of a good, foolproof, and safe method?
      Thank you very much in advance, and I will try to post some pictures once I get home!