Hidden Tamagotchi sprites in a Japanese educational DS game

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazette

Reaction score
Hi! I came across these sprites when I was looking through the data of a Nintendo DS game. The game is called DS Kageyama Method: Tadashii Kanji Kakitori-kun - Kondo wa Kanken Taisaku Dayo! It's an educational game about studying kanji (Japanese characters), and it has absolutely nothing to do with Tamagotchi.

Normally, you will never see these sprites without hacking the game. I think they're used in some kind of hidden test mode (which I haven't found), and they all have names like test_sprite, test_sprite2, etc. So, without further ado, here they are!

• Kuchipatchi:
    ExL7ubW.gif

• A Royal Servant:
    CrC8B3u.gif

• Tamagotchi Planet's face:
    DwVMKn3.gif

• And smoke, for some reason:
    4ZQ7MNN.gif
    bIjBYQH.gif

For the first two sprites, I combined all the animations in to a single image (otherwise, the forum nags me about having too many images in a single post). You can see all the separate animations here.

Now that I've shown them to you, I have a question: Do any of you recognize these sprites from another game? This game is made by Jupiter Corporation. I know they made one Japan-only Tamagotchi game, so there's a good chance these sprites came from that one, though I can't be certain.

Those sprites are really cute =D There are quite a few Japan-only Tamagotchi games, but I am pretty sure they must have came from the particular one you linked because I've tried the game and it had a similar style.

Very Interesting! This is the kind of thing I would see on a website about unused video game content. However, the one I'm thinking of doesn't have that game listed. I think it needs to go there.

Thank you for your kind words, everyone!

Very Interesting! This is the kind of thing I would see on a website about unused video game content. However, the one I'm thinking of doesn't have that game listed. I think it needs to go there.
You're thinking of TCRF, right? Actually, I've been drafting an article for this game and it's almost ready to go, but I'm still working on parts of it. (It'll be my first contribution, so I don't want to screw it up!)

Thank you for your kind words, everyone!

You're thinking of TCRF, right? Actually, I've been drafting an article for this game and it's almost ready to go, but I'm still working on parts of it. (It'll be my first contribution, so I don't want to screw it up!)
Yeah, that's the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back