TF is it fun?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honesty, I find there's not a whole lot to do on it... compared to other modern tamas, that is. You take care of your tama (by feeding them and playing games with them), you can marry them off starting from the age of 5 (I think), and you can buy jewelry for some reason. That's really it. There might be more with the whole bumping thing but I only have one at the moment so I can't say anything about that specifically.

On the flipside, the Friends requires less maintenance than other tamas (not that I personally think other tamas are that needy to begin with).

Saltonara pretty much sums it up.

As for the bumping feature... you can marry other Tamas. The animations for bumping mostly consist of them either visiting the Circus or eating together. Both very adorable.

Bumping also unlocks a new game, and you can dispense infinite jewelry from it. You can also send short text messages. Depending on who you send them to, it can be quite a riot.

The low maintenance makes them great for the busier folk. In all honesty, you can max out its Hunger and Happy and not have to come back for 6 hours.

It's basically an enhanced version of the TamaTown/Tama-Go base device minus the Gotchi Figures. I feel that it's much better than the last English Tamagotchi we had, but still lackluster.

The gameplay is about as deep as the V2 or V3, but with a niche girly theme and less characters (where about 80% of them look like something between Memetchi and Mametchi in different outfits).

I will say though that if it's your first Tamagotchi (or at least don't have anything to compare it to) then you might like it. At its core it has the same core gameplay as most Tamagotchis from the past six-seven years.

@CTF@

It's not even comparable to a v2 or v3. These versions at least had an item shop in them and items you could collect and use- Friends does not, the jewerly is utterly useless. And it's hard to get characters you want (especially without bumping).

Not reccomended at all. But it's easy to find for cheap I guess, so there's that... If I HAD to go for a TF, I'd choose Dream Town, because it at least has that whole Dream School thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back