Music Star

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I recently found my old v6 and have been running it for about a week now. I've not found many positive things being said about it online. However, I feel that it's a great version. Is there some reason I'm missing (aside from being slightly more needy) that's kept it from popularity? I've never had a color. Just original, v4, v4.5, v6, and v9. It remains my favorite though.

I do not really know what the general consensus is, but I can share my personal gripes with it; maybe some others may agree, maybe not.

As you already stated, they do feel a bit more needy. I am going to expand upon this a bit and say that I did not like how difficult it was to come across money before they hit adulthood. It made taking perfect care of teens very difficult, since the "baby food" will not satiate them entirely. It really bothers me when I cannot do that. Aside from this, I also found the buttons to be very bad and unresponsive. It made playing games very frustrating, and in turn it makes raising your tama's musical skills very difficult. As such, it becomes tedious to get a good record deal and as such a decent income. The jobs your tama can work when they fail to get a record deal I also personally found a bit annoying to play, especially for the low pay. Honestly, it is largely the faulty buttons that ruin it for me, and I have heard from a couple others that this is not an isolated issue.

The main gimmick seems like a decent concept, but a lot of it was not executed all too well in my opinion. I feel like this is often the case with tamas exclusively released outside of Japan.

By "unresponsive" I moreso meant flatout not working sometimes rather than a delay. The issue may be slightly different per Music Star though, but I have heard about button issues in some form from people I have talked to about it. The buttons have always looked and felt very "loose" to me compared to other rubber button tamas.

Music Stars are awesome... except for the buttons. It kept me from completely enjoying it as it gets finnicky especially during games where timing and keypresses are essential.

I recently started up my v6 again, which i haven't played with since i first got it 7 years ago. I played with it up to 8 generations at that time, so I must have liked it. Here's my personal vibe:

Pros:

- new characters, bringing back favs

- wide screen

- new games

- fun concepts like having their own instrument and toy, the door

- I like having to shop for food rather than having constant food cuz it makes becoming a successful musician and earning points get a little more important - there's something at stake

- ability to marry bandmates: feels like Tamagotchi has built relationships other than through the matchmaker, even if you don't have a second v6 to connect them with

Cons:

- I also have unresponsive buttons

- compared to v2-4.5, there are less games (3) and less job-games (1): there was a diff game for each job in the v4 with like 12 jobs (i think?), here, every adult practices with the same game. Gets boring.

- kind of related to the above: once the idea of being "a music star" wears off, it's meh

- Less characters. After a few generations you know what you're gonna get.

- requires lots of care

- teen to adult evolution much faster, some like to have more time with the teen character

I think the biggest issues people have are probably with care needs and games. Then why have I activated it? The wide screen display is SO nice after the tiny screens of older connections. I also like the concepts of playing with toys and working to buy food. Also because it's the newest one I own and more people are talking about it online than my v4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back