Tamagotchi's 20th Anniversary

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
The 23rd of November marks the day the first Tamagotchi was released in Japan.

Today, Tamagotchi is 20 years old.

I have only been a Tamagotchi fan for 10 years, but it remains my favorite franchise to this day. The characters, toys, and anime will always be close to my heart. :D Tamagotchi has changed a lot over the years, and while its popularity has waned, I am glad it was created and am grateful for all the happiness it brought me.

Celebrate Tamagotchi's birthday here!

:D :wacko: :tarakotchi: :newmametchi: :lol:

Happy Birthday Tamagotchi :wub:

I remember the craze (all them years ago!) so fondly of Tamagotchi being sold out, people going crazy trying to get hold of one & the excitement of showing your pet/model off to friends and anyone who'd pay attention. My mother spent a small fortune on buying me virtual pets as I always wanted more!

Lets hope for twenty more years. :D

While I have technically been a fan since Tamagotchi was initially brought to the US, my access to it had been very limited for most of my (and its) life. Nowadays I am able to access Tamagotchi stuff on my own terms, and I am very thankful for that. I have felt bad for resuming my obsession so late, though. Not that I had much of a choice, but still.

Happy 20th anniversary, Tamagotchi.

I've only been a fan for a year now but my collection is like 20 tamas!

Proud to be a tama mama and definitely celebrating Tamagotchi's 20th birthday!

I got into Tamagotchi since 2013 and yeah i'm not into it as much but I still like it I think Tamagotchi is one of the most important things that ever happened in my life and I would never forget the 20th anniversary so here goes for another 20 years!

Happy birthday, Tamagotchi! (And Mametchi xD)

I wasn't around for the initial craze in the 90s but I certainly remember when the Connections came out - EVERYONE had one. 10 years later, no one around here really uses them, but I'm quite happy with mine and don't intend to stop using them any time soon!

Happy birthday Tamagotchi! I remember the first Tamagotchi I ever received was a Music Star. Even if I only have been a part of this community for a few years of my life, I will never forget how happy you made me as a child. Thanks for all the good memories and have a Happy 20th Anniversary Birthday Tamagotchi!

And Happy Birthday Mametchi :3 :mametchi: :newmametchi:

Happy Birthday Tamagotchi. I remember getting my first few on clearance at KB toys in the late 90s. Then scouring the local stores when the Connections came out only to have to resort to Amazon. Mostly I remember Mecha, my purple V1 Tama that I formed a very strong bond with. I miss my original collection.

It's been 20 years now. I propose an internet toast to 20 years in Tamagotchi! Put Nazotchi in your reply to me! TO TAMAGOTCHI!!!

:nazotchi:

HAPPEH BERTHDEH!!!

But seriously, Tamagotchi has bought me some pretty good memories. Tamatalk was the first forum site I ever joined, and thanks to Tamagotchi, I've got so many good friends and heaps of new interests! If it wasn't for this smol lil' virtual pet, I definitely wouldn't be where I was today.

HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY, TAMAGOTCHI!

Bandai Americas' not celebrating it asdfghjkl

I got my first tama at 7 years old. Dropped it after a few months. Got back into it when I was 12, played frequently on and off until 16. Started again at 18 and took a break until 25. Good times! Happy birthday tamagotchi! Thanks for the memories!

My first Tamagotchi was a used jigsaw puzzle v4.5 (from what I've seen on eBay, that shell's rare) that my mom got me from a re-sale shop. Sadly I don't have it anymore because I debugged it and threw it away.. -_- (I plan on getting another one for next year for the US anniversary. If I can find one for a good price, that is.)

I loved it so much that I called myself a "bad parent" when it got taken away from me for getting in trouble. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back