Modern Tama Recommendation

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

psychotama

Reaction score
Hi guys. So I have kind of been out of the tama loop for quite some time now. The latest Tamas I played with were the V4 (which I loved). And, I have been playing with nothing but vintage Tamas recently. I would like to try out one of the color Tamas, but I'm not really sure which one would be best for me. They look so complicated compared to what I've been playing with so I don't know what I would enjoy. Any suggestions for someone going from a V4? I'm worried it will just be overwhelming.

I'm no expert as I am a newbie to colour Tamagotchi as well and still waiting for mine to arrive in post but from what I hear the 4U/4U+ are simple and easier to take care off so maybe a 4U?

Plus side to 4U is you can get them for a great little price on sites like eBay, Amazon etc.

I enjoy the Tamagotchi P's but I am also more of a newbie compared to most people. I am waiting for my M!x in the mail, so I haven't had the chance to play wit hit yet. I think the Tamagotchi P's are easy to get around once you learn your way around and how to gather puzzle pieces. The 4U seem nice, I just don't know much about them. I would go for which ever one you are most excited about! Some people really like the Tamagotchi Friend's which are much cheaper to by on amazon, and come in English - the only thing with those are that they can just be hard to see - but probably the best middle of the road to a color Tamagotchi? Best of luck! I think no matter what you get, as long as you are exciting about it you will love it!

I would recommend the Tamagotchi Friends Dreamtown. It is so much fun and easy to care for. There are so many, 11 total. It also has the ability (for now) to play on PC like with the old Tamatown.

If you're looking for a color version I recommend the 4u or 4u+ because they are affordable. There's also an app you can use to apply an English patch and a ton of bonus content.

I recommend the 4U over the 4U+ because of the new things Mr. Blinky is making possible. He English patched the 4U menus. Also, the 4U is more affordable and special characters are easier to get. Almost everything you can have on the 4U+ can be downloaded to the 4U via NFC. (All menu backgrounds and games are different, though.)

I've written out a little list of the pros and cons of the colour Tamagotchis that I own, thinking about if I were new to colour Tamas. I started out with the iD LE, which I feel was a fantastic choice, although I had wanted to start out with a P's. That said, I wouldn't currently recommend the iD LE as a beginner colour Tama. Anyway, hope the following information is helpful!

iD
Pros: Nice and simple, easy to get downloads for (or can buy an iD Station for extra content)
Cons: Not a lot of in built content (one ten characters), only in Japanese

iD LE

Pros: In English, best in built games (in my opinion), some really nice features (e.g., growing seeds in the garden or visiting previous Tamagotchis for food)
Cons: Now expensive/hard to find, some in game glitches, need another device to unlock all 32 characters, can be difficult unlocking all the 'branches' of adult characters as Child growth is random (I never seem to get the child to unlock the 'bottom branch' of adults)

*This version is also available in Japanese, which is significantly cheaper

iD L 15th Anni.

Pros: Lots of retro characters in colour (feels more nostalgic), unique games, 32 in built characters, some really nice in built items

Cons: Only in Japanese, expensive to get new, Maze game is hard, need another device to unlock all 32 characters

P's
Pros: English patch, easy to get download (loads of official and fan made download content), lots of in built features, 'expansion packs' (pierces)

Cons: Need two extra devices to unlock all of the characters, pierces can be expensive/difficult to find, can be quite needy, can be repetative trying to unlock all the characters/places

*Generally quite a 'girly' Tamagotchi; this is either a pro or a con depending on your tastes.

4U+

Pros: Simple, graphics seem better quality than previous models, some of the best animations, three in built games
Cons: No English patch (yet, although it is being worked on; there is an English patch for the 4U), not a lot of in built content, difficult to get downloads (need an NFC compatible device and even then it can be tempramental)

M!X

Pros: A lot of replay value, four in built games, graphics are highly detailed (no icon bars means a 'bigger' screen), some really fun/cute animations
Cons: All in Japanese, no access to download content outside of Japan
*Game play for the M!X is quite different to other colours, you don't need to collect 'TamaTomo' (favourite items) or unlock places by raising characters. This is either a pro or a con depending on what you want from a Tamagotchi.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Jester Lady! That is very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back