Giga Pets

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nazochi

Reaction score
Discuss giga pets here!

My experience with these was like the stock market back in the day.

I started with floppy frog...

traded that and two bouncy balls for salem the cat...

traded that for 101 dalmatians and compu koala...

traded 101 dalmnations for a kfc digital doggie and the original...

traded those and the koala to a collector who was missing everything but...

and got 8 of his doubles in return!!! (and a pokemon pikachu, but that is another, reallly, really, REALLY long story.. Wouldn't believe what happened at 1 million steps!)

I neva had a giga-pet! i only had Nanos hahahahhahahahhahaha

Gigas sound very interestig! plz tel me more about these things.............

I used to have three gigas.. the Kitty, the Monkey, and the Giga Faces. My very first virtual pet was the Compu Kitty... god that thing was hard to take care of. It kept getting really fat and dying on me, and I never knew what was wrong with it, lol. The Monkey was easier to take care of though, and the Giga Faces was kinda lame. I've lost all of them, sadly.

cool! giga pets were fun and all. . .but it kinda jsut seemed as if my kitty would never die. . .so i decided to take the batteries out after 1 and a half months. .. since it started to get on my nerves. .. now im thinking bout starting her up again. . hmm. . .snybody wana start a giga group ahtch or something liek that? :eek:

I HATED GIGA PETS@! they were so hard to take care of. You would get them to a healty state then suddenly they have like a twitch and get all unhealty and dieing. Then after you get a diet plan that goes well for two days. Then all of a sudden it cr**S out and goes all unhealthy again I HATED THOSE lol

Yeah, I had the Floppy Frog too. I played it for a while; I thought it was one of the best pets out there. He must have hopped off on his own a while ago, and I haven't seen it in about 4 years.

The thing I liked most about Giga Pets was the fast aging cheat. You just kept resetting the clock to 11:59 PM, and when it hit midnight, the pet would be one year older. My frog was a big fat 20-year old in 20 minutes! Oh well, now I have this Tamagotchi Connection and I'm pretty happy with it.

Hey Mistrunner, the Compu Kitty was my first virtual pet too! My mom bought it for me at Kids R Us after a long, long day of errands as a reward for being good all day ^^ That thing lived forever! I always kept its health at 98-100, and it ran til the batteries died (at which point I was too involved with other pets to bother starting it up again). Sadly, when I did go to change the batteries (years later), it was all messed up inside and I could never make it work again :D I'm currently searching ebay to see if I can get another one...it always was one of my favorites. I had one of the really, really old ones too, that only made one sound--an annoying beep. No "real cat sounds" or anything they came out with later...sadness. Oh well.

I also had a Digital Doggie Dear Diary (My "D" key just broke) once....but it flat out vanished. I honestly think my brother stole it after he dropped his virtual pet in his chicken soup...not that I have any proof of that.

There used to be this weird thing with some Giga pets though, that if you you reset it and let it sit on the "set time" screen for several days, and then started it up, it would be born...large. Like, in the third stage of growth I think. It was really weird...I wonder if they fixed that in newer versions. Has anyone else had that happen?

does anyone here have a giga pet floppy frog for sale? i really want one to care for :p
This was one of my first pets. It always got sick, but it was the closest thing I've ever had to a tamagotchi until now. 3 different stages. Whoopee. I also have this 2 in 1 cat and dog, which is surprisingly my favorite un-tamagotchi at the moment. black evil cat and dog with bad treatment, white cat and dog with good treatment. :angry:

I have three giga pets that I am curently using. microchimp, baby t-rex, and a digital doggie.

I HATED GIGA PETS@! they were so hard to take care of.
I hated them at first, too, for the same reason--and a lot of people felt the same way about them being too hard to care for. But then I learned that it was only because the instructions never really told us the CORRECT way to care for them.

I used to get so frustrated about how often they beeped and how fast the happiness meter would empty out, but then I found a great article that explained how the training feature affects the happiness and the truth about how the food affects the health, etc.. and ever since then, I've found GigaPets to be one of the EASIEST pets to care for.

In fact, I like them so much that I now have almost the entire collection, including the "A Bugs Life" Gigapet Plus that I didn't even know they made until I spotted one on ebay! I think the only ones I don't have are the Batman (etc) Fighters and the extremely rare "Cabbage Patch" Giga Plus.

Here's a link to that article I mentioned--> GigaPet Care Sheet

-Val (Tinkerville)

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing about Giga Pets is that they're very different than other vpets. If you are used to other vpets, the giga pet is pretty nuts to figure out and get used to...but if it's your first pet and you have no presuppositions about what it's like, then it's pretty simple to care for as long as you pay attention to cause and effect.

Then there's useful things like the care sheet in the post above to help out the rest of us :blink:

I only have a tama what are gigapets?Anyone heard of a game that looks like a tama but you can take care of lots of ones.they are 4.00 or something.Anyone heard of them?

I used to have the Kitty, but I took it to my friend's house, and acidently left it their. When I got it back, it had been destroyed. I kept wanting a dog one, but I never found any giga pets at all. So, when tamagotchis came out, I go one of those. (And I got my friend one too! :blink: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back