Tamagotchi Death Song

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P-Body

Reaction score
So,

I dropped my V1 tamagotchi of 13 years of owning in the toilet today. And after I fished it out, put it in a towel, a minute afterward, it played a tune that I had never heard before [and I don't think is available in normal gameplay] but it was definitely a programmed tune. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it something programmed when it detects water damage? Because the tamagotchi fell allll the way to the bottom and had been completely soaked, but still had POWER to the systems when i took it out.

Ten hours later I put the battery back in and it works again but I'm curious about the swan song it gave me.

Last edited by a moderator:
That my friend sounds extremely creepy! I would run 10 miles away if my tama started doing something like that.

But genuinely, that is very interesting.

Do you think maybe it could have glitched?

If it was a glitch, it was very weird. When I took it out, it a single line of pixels but it played a tune that sounded programmed rather than random notes/sounds. 5-7 notes played. I wish I'd had time to record it or something, but I wasn't anywhere near a phone. I kind of want to try it again with a different tamagotchi to see if it results in the same effect, but that requires money and ehhhh

Though, I'm noticing today that the screen background appears to have sunken a little bit, as there's a curve in the shadows of the bg itself and the shell. I'm hoping this doesn't affect its ability to function in the future, from getting dropped or something p:

Though, I'm noticing today that the screen background appears to have sunken a little bit, as there's a curve in the shadows of the bg itself and the shell. I'm hoping this doesn't affect its ability to function in the future, from getting dropped or something p:
I know that if you disassemble a P2 completely you'll find that the actual background is a piece of paper. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case for the Connections as well, so if that paper got wet it would explain the curve in the background but it shouldn't affect the overall function of the Tamagotchi.

I know that if you disassemble a P2 completely you'll find that the actual background is a piece of paper. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case for the Connections as well, so if that paper got wet it would explain the curve in the background but it shouldn't affect the overall function of the Tamagotchi.
The Connection/Connexion series of tamas uses a piece of paper for the background too.

Honestly though, the curving in the background can be due to the screen itself being warped or misaligned. Disassembling it and fiddling with it a bit (loosening/tightening the screws for the screen mounting, jiggling the screen itself, etc.) to see if the warping goes away might be worth a try.

That's really weird, though I think I remember some of my tamagotchis making playing songs that I'd never heard before when they were low on battery.

Was the song something like the one heard in this video?

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

It wasn't that song, no [i don't think the V1 was programmed with that], however, it did have a frozen screen as well, so I'm guessing the song in that video is similar to what happened to mine.

How did the Tamagotchi glitch so bad in that video ;__;

Weird, maybe it was an unused feature or something. I hope someone decompiles a V1 at some point, then maybe we'll find out what it was.

My Music Star kept playing part of what sounded like a programmed but unused song a few years ago - it makes a bit more sense on the Music Star though, I can't really figure out where a song would have been used on the V1. Maybe a game or something?

Beepers like the tamagotchi use have their pitch controlled by how much electricity is supplied to them. Water is conductive, that's why it's so harmful to electronics. It's unlikely that it was unused content, it was probably just extremely 'confused' from getting so wet.

Beepers like the tamagotchi use have their pitch controlled by how much electricity is supplied to them. Water is conductive, that's why it's so harmful to electronics. It's unlikely that it was unused content, it was probably just extremely 'confused' from getting so wet.
While that's probably the most likely scenario, I think OP is trying to say that the song sounded too much like it was composed by a person rather than just random noises. In my experience Tamagotchis seem to have quite a lot of unused content, so I wouldn't be surprised if it really was unused content.

This has just happened to me! (I actually just logged on to see if there was anything about it :p )

I had left my Tamagotchi Akai Ketai on the "set clock" screen for a few months in order to pause it (as this version doesn't have an A+B pause function). Just gone now and pressed a button to set the date to today, and the screen went blank, played a short tune, and then two pixels and a small vertical line of pixels showed for a second before the screen went blank again.

My assumption is that for me, my battery has just died and the Tama itself is okay, still definitely strange though! When the batteries in my other Tamagotchis were nearly dead, they'd play a long screeching noise for however long it would take for the battery to die completely (or be removed), so it's not the first time I've had strange things happening with batteries before! It was just totally bizarre to hear a song rather than an awful screeching noise :p

Oh wow how mysterious! I'd be interested if anyone had encountered anything like this on any other versions. I dropped a P2 in a cup of tea once... but all that did was destroy it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back