Airports and tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blooperz00

Reaction score
Hi! I saw some posts about this but they were a couple years old so I wanted to get some more updated info.

I am going on a study abroad program to Cuba in a couple of weeks. Although I'm sure there will be plenty to entertain me there, I want to bring a tamagotchi as a comfort thing to remind me of home.

It makes the most sense to put it in my carry-on, but I don't want to have to take it out fully in public because I dont want to reveal to the very mature group I'll be wit that I'm 20 years old with a tamagotchi. I mean, I think you can be mature and have a tama, but I feel they will be the judgy type, if you get me. The ideal situation would be they see it in my purse in the X-ray, but don't question it, don't make me take it out.

Or should I just put it in checked luggage then? I'm afraid that especially with Cuban security being so suspicious of Americans they will find it and get rid of it without me being able to explain how harmless it is. (whereas with carry-on bags I am there the whole time to make sure everything is okay).

Anyone have experience with international travel and tamagotchis? Especially to places where the trend has died out and people won't recognize them right away.

If relevant, I only have connection versions.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine why there would be an issue. I mean when you travel they don't say anything about your phone or tablets in your bags. I've taken my Tamas everywhere, granted I have never flown out of the country before. I never cared what anyone said to me. Heck I'm about to turn 30 and I bring one with me to work everyday. Embrace it and be yourself. If someone is judging you, then they're not the type of person you want to be around anyways. I personally would keep it in your carry on. Plus it will give you something to do on the trip there!

I flew to Florida a week ago and brought about 5 tamagotchis in my backpack. They were both connection and modern ones. I didn't have any problems as my backpack was my carry on item. They went through the x-Ray just fine.

As for the being judged and embarrassed part, I wouldn't sweat it. Idk what airports you go to, but the ones I go to, only the person behind the monitor is able to view the x-Ray of your items, so I think you're safe.

In the end, it will be fine. So what if they judge you? There is a whole community here supporting you. :)

\xazI'm sure airport staff have seen more embarassing/suspicious looking items than Tamagotchis on the scanners, so I doubt they'll take it out. In my experience when there's issue with your luggage they tend to pull you to one side and go through it with you (not into another room or anything) and people would have to pretty much be stood over your shoulder to see what's going on. And, usually, everyone else is so busy putting their own stuff through the scanners to be bothered snooping at anyone else's. I doubt they'll make you take it out, but if they do, it'd unlikely that anyone else will see it.

I also wouldn't worry about checked in luggage if you do decide to go that way. If anyone sees it, even if they don't know it's a Tamagotchi, it's clearly a novelty watch/toy of some description. I know people bring over things that are far more likely to be brought into question and haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back