Furby Connect Bluetooth Hacking

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitehat

Reaction score
One of my acquaintances, Jeija, has been experimenting with the Bluetooth functionality of the Connect, and he's found some pretty interesting stuff!

Here's the YT video he made detailing the debug mode featured:

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

This may seem overkill. So what's in it for us?

Well, a few things. There are programmed personalities (like the 2012!) that we can't get to yet, indicating that they will be added to the app or sold as a separate item at some point in the future... :) With the debug mode, you can view Furby's stats and study it's behavior under different circumstances. They are:

Wellness

Fullness

Displeasedness

Tiredness

Excitedness

I'm sorry for the rambling post! I thought this was pretty cool- let me know if you have problems with setup or code.

whitehat

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really cool! I unfortunately do not have a Furby Connect but if I did, I'd be all over this.

How deeply has the debug menu been dug into? It looks hard to read on those eyes.

This is really cool! I unfortunately do not have a Furby Connect but if I did, I'd be all over this.

How deeply has the debug menu been dug into? It looks hard to read on those eyes.
I don't have one either, but I've been experimenting with it's predecessors. :)

As for the debug, as far as possible. The eyes aren't actually horribly difficult to read if you hold him upright.

Jeija's GitHub page has information in /Docs/ about the individual features.

I started a new topic on this somewhere else - but is it possible to pass Bluetooth uploads to him in this way? (Like after they stop updating the app?) Or are they already installed and the app just tells him which one's are currently relevant?

I'm really getting tired of this current song.

-Codi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back