Sign in to follow this  
tamapalace

Bandai Japan Rereleasing Tamagotchi Mini for 2017!

tumblr_inline_ojmt7e39s91toxdax_500.jpg

Bandai Japan will be rereleasing the Tamagotchi Mini (Chibi Tamagotchi) in Japan this April!

The Tamagotchi Mini was first introduced in 2005 as a low maintenance virtual pet, and even an accessory that could be clipped onto your backpack. The Mini features a fraction of the characters and features of any other Tamagotchi’s, keeping it simple like the original Tamagotchi series back in the 90’s.

To further celebrate the 20th anniversary of Tamagotchi, Bandai Japan is rereleasing the Tamagotchi Mini in Japan! Although there is limited information provided about this new Mini there appears to be 6 characters, five characters are listed, and one is kept a secret on the official website.

tumblr_inline_ojmt7fmBUG1toxdax_500.png

There are 6 different shell designs for the 2017 Mini, all of which are identical to the original Tamagotchi shells. Fans in Japan will not have to wait until April to get their hands on 2017 Mini! The Tamagotchi Mini will be released on April 8th, 2017 and will cost 1620 Yen. There will be an event in mid March where fans can get a hold of them weeks before the official launch, more information to follow.

• Like 4

They look so cute! I hope I can get one!

As someone whose first and second ever Tamagotchis were minis, I'm super excited!

I had the Striped Chaos and Purple Confetti shells when I was younger. I loved them to death, and I'm so sad they got too waterlogged to work anymore (My stupid 9 year old self got curious with a hose).

So maybe this time around I'll treat them right! I'm looking forward to getting a white one to be an accessory to my white iDL.

Ahhh, I'm in japan right now and would probably buy a whole stores worth but I'll be gone before the release. I can still buy online I guess.

I read about this rerelease on some wiki and got the impression the program would be the exact same as the original Minis? Can anyone confirm/deny?

I'm in two minds about getting one; I don't have an original Chibi/Mini, but I do have a Nano, which I love. However, I thought people said the Nano was better as it had a game/more features than the Chibi? i might wait until they come out and see what people say rather than preordering one.

I'm in two minds about getting one; I don't have an original Chibi/Mini, but I do have a Nano, which I love. However, I thought people said the Nano was better as it had a game/more features than the Chibi? i might wait until they come out and see what people say rather than preordering one.

As someone who's had two minis, the common adage that they're "more accessory than virtual pet" is correct. The minis are extremely barebones, and can only really be fun on their own if you don't have a super sophisticated brain (i.e. under the age of like 7). That being said, their draw is definitely the nostalgia factor.

So yeah, the minis are extremely devoid of content. Your nano is bound to be better.

Someone apparently already got it???? I was scrolling through the Collector's page on FB and someone already got it shipped to them.

I'm considering getting one. It would be fun to have a tamagotchi that I can actually take with me and doesn't die immediately when I'm too busy to constantly look after it. I really like the light blue and pink version. :)

I have a UNIQLO Tamagotchi Mini but it'd be cool to have a vintage design one. I think I'd like the orange and yellow one!

I'm getting the clear blue one. Then I'll have 5 mini/chibis. I just pre-ordered on ebay.

Dear Tamagotchi community,

I have found a useful offer on ebay seen below. The link is published due to my excitment of finding an available Tamagotchi.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Kaettekita-Chibi-Tamagotchi-Mini-Came-Back-Pink-Toy-Game-from-Japan-F-S-/282474523890?hash=item41c4cb2cf2:g:X48AAOSwc-tY6Gon

A few things to know.

1. It won't die. Seriously one of the easiest to take care of.

2. You will inevitably get Oyajitchi or Bill.

3. There are no games. All you can do is feed it, clear poop, and turn off/on the lights

dang it japan gets everything >;(

they get the notched eared pichu dolls, the rest of the hamtaro anime/hamtaro movies, and now they get the tamagotchis to...

:( :( :( :( :(

I've had my clear blue one now for about 3 months. It plays as any other chibi I have, so I removed the battery, put it back in its packaging, and keep as a collectible(as with my blue Uniqlo chibi), and play with the duplicate one I have.