Tamagotchi mix vs ID L vs color!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to Tamatalk! But not to Tamagotchis. I grew up with a few, as a child. The last one I had was the 4u which I enjoyed but due to the fact that I didn't have an NFC enabled tablet or phone I wasn't able to enjoy it fully :( So my question is, what should I get next? I want something personal, like the mix (so I've read) I really like the generations feature, and of course the screen and graphics but I really like the gardening feature, school and work from the ID L.

I don't really have a budget, I'm willing to invest but I don't want something like P's where you have to constantly keep investing. To summarize, what's better the ID L or Mix? What about Plus color?

Hopefully my question helps others also. Thank you! :)

Hello there!

I have had a Tamagotchi iD L and currently using a 4U, but I don't have a Mix. From what I see, from TamaTalk to other social media, I think it is depending on what you want.

If you want to do more stuff with your Tamagotchi, I will chose iD L, because as you said, there is gardening, school, and work from the Tamagotchi ID L.

But if you want something personal (just like you said), has good graphics, and other special features that other Tamagotchis don't have, then I'd say why don't you go for the Tamgotchi Mix?

Still, no matter which one you chose, you'll still need to take care of it! :D

Hope you found this helpful!

Tomodatchi_Lovely

I want the one that I can enjoy longest, I guess it's just my turn to make up my mind. How do you feel about the ID L? Thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess ID L looks shinier (but that is my opinion), and I also like the fact that iD L, has a bigger variety than a Tamagotchi mix. It has different other features too, so...

yah :rolleyes:

Tomodatchi_Lovely

I want to know too. On Amazon, mix are around $52, and ID L is $50. A mix with all unlocked locations is an anniversary version which is $62-$73.

I haven't received my M!x yet, but I do own a plus color and an ID L, princes spacy version though. I really, really like my ID L. It has lots of options, lots of characters and nice places to go. :) It's definitely one you should want! The plus color is very nice, but feels "small" compared to all the options and loads of characters the ID L has. Nevertheless it is a very nice Tamagotchi which I also really enjoy. As of now I would recommend you to order the ID L. :)

I have all three M!Xes, two iD Ls (E and 15th Anni.) and a Plus Colour. I enjoy all of them in their own way.

The M!Xes are the most 'unique' Tamagotchi I've had. As I'm sure you know, with the M!X you marry characters off to play with genetics. The graphics on this model are probably the nicest of any colour Tamagotchi and, without the icon bar permanently on the screen, there's more room for the sprites. it looks pretty, every generation is something different and, as I said, it's the most unique in terms of gameplay. However; I got frustrated with my Melody and Spacey versions at first because I could not unlock the destinations (need to connect to three other M!Xes to unlock Mermaid Palace, which you need to unlock Gozaru Village), which meant I was missing about 25% of the characters. It meant I put them down quicker than I wanted to. Since then I have been able to unlock everywhere and I am loving it so much more. I quite enjoying running one M!X alongside one of my older Tamagotchis now. The Anniversary version is better in this sense as you can unlock everything without having to connect to other Tamagotchis (although I personally feel that the Melody/Spacey versions have better games). There's no 'goal' on the M!X like there is with the other models (as in, no TamaTomo stickers to collect). It's hard to compare the M!X to previous models because if you like the idea of virtual genetics then you will probably love it, but if you want something more goal orientated and less 'sandboxy' then it's probably not for you.

The iD L (E) was the first colour Tamagotchi I owned. It's a good place to start and is one of my favourite models. There's a lot of in built content (I think there's 32 in built characters?) and has some lovely features such as gardening and visiting ancestors that are absent on most other models. I also think the iD L hands down has the best inbuilt games. I played with this Tamagotchi for over a year before I started buying other models for it to connect to. I also enjoy the fact that the iD L (and P's and 4U/+) feels more like a 'game' than a 'pet' in the sense that you need to collect all the TamaTomo, which in turn unlocks new content for the Tamagotchi. When I get a new adult I love trying to figure out their favourite items based on their personality (e.g., if they have flowers as part of their design I try all the gardening themed items first) and sometimes it can take me days. It's really cute, although I personally feel that the 4U/+ and M!X both have much more adorable animations. The growth system can be a little frustrating (there's still characters I haven't had yet as I can't get the right child character) but overall it's good. You can also get downloadable content for the iD L, which you can't for either the M!X (at least outside of Japan) or the TMGC+C. The 15th Anni. iD L runs exactly the same as the iD L (E) but has a few different characters (characters from previous models for a more nostalgic feel) and wallpapers/items/etc. with more of a 'celebration' theme. The games are also different (very fun but very hard). If you want to know any more about the differences I'm happy to explain.

I only got my TMGC+C yesterday so I can't fully comment on it yet. I do know that it's got a lot less content than both of the above, but it's quite sweet in it's animations and what it lacks in graphic sophistication it makes up with charm. I'd say this one also feels best in the hand for me and the shells, although simple, are really very pretty in real life. The games are fun and there's a gardening feature (which seems to be more in depth than the iD L version), which I'm looking forward to using. I've not yet unlocked everywhere yet, but so far I'm enjoying it. there's also no TamaTomo to collect on this version, but there are 'Happy/Lucky Items'; I'll be honest though, I'm not entirely sure what they are right now! still figure this Tama out!

Hope this helps a little bit and that you get yourself a new Tama soon! =)

Hard to pick, they both sound great. I really like the gardening but love the graphics on mix. I wanted something that I could stick to as long as I could, sound like the ID L since there is so much to do, but I really like personalized tama's like the mix and the genetics sound fun.I'll have to really think this through... Thank you so much!

I have all three M!Xes, two iD Ls (E and 15th Anni.) and a Plus Colour. I enjoy all of them in their own way.

The M!Xes are the most 'unique' Tamagotchi I've had. As I'm sure you know, with the M!X you marry characters off to play with genetics. The graphics on this model are probably the nicest of any colour Tamagotchi and, without the icon bar permanently on the screen, there's more room for the sprites. it looks pretty, every generation is something different and, as I said, it's the most unique in terms of gameplay. However; I got frustrated with my Melody and Spacey versions at first because I could not unlock the destinations (need to connect to three other M!Xes to unlock Mermaid Palace, which you need to unlock Gozaru Village), which meant I was missing about 25% of the characters. It meant I put them down quicker than I wanted to. Since then I have been able to unlock everywhere and I am loving it so much more. I quite enjoying running one M!X alongside one of my older Tamagotchis now. The Anniversary version is better in this sense as you can unlock everything without having to connect to other Tamagotchis (although I personally feel that the Melody/Spacey versions have better games). There's no 'goal' on the M!X like there is with the other models (as in, no TamaTomo stickers to collect). It's hard to compare the M!X to previous models because if you like the idea of virtual genetics then you will probably love it, but if you want something more goal orientated and less 'sandboxy' then it's probably not for you.

The iD L (E) was the first colour Tamagotchi I owned. It's a good place to start and is one of my favourite models. There's a lot of in built content (I think there's 32 in built characters?) and has some lovely features such as gardening and visiting ancestors that are absent on most other models. I also think the iD L hands down has the best inbuilt games. I played with this Tamagotchi for over a year before I started buying other models for it to connect to. I also enjoy the fact that the iD L (and P's and 4U/+) feels more like a 'game' than a 'pet' in the sense that you need to collect all the TamaTomo, which in turn unlocks new content for the Tamagotchi. When I get a new adult I love trying to figure out their favourite items based on their personality (e.g., if they have flowers as part of their design I try all the gardening themed items first) and sometimes it can take me days. It's really cute, although I personally feel that the 4U/+ and M!X both have much more adorable animations. The growth system can be a little frustrating (there's still characters I haven't had yet as I can't get the right child character) but overall it's good. You can also get downloadable content for the iD L, which you can't for either the M!X (at least outside of Japan) or the TMGC+C. The 15th Anni. iD L runs exactly the same as the iD L (E) but has a few different characters (characters from previous models for a more nostalgic feel) and wallpapers/items/etc. with more of a 'celebration' theme. The games are also different (very fun but very hard). If you want to know any more about the differences I'm happy to explain.

I only got my TMGC+C yesterday so I can't fully comment on it yet. I do know that it's got a lot less content than both of the above, but it's quite sweet in it's animations and what it lacks in graphic sophistication it makes up with charm. I'd say this one also feels best in the hand for me and the shells, although simple, are really very pretty in real life. The games are fun and there's a gardening feature (which seems to be more in depth than the iD L version), which I'm looking forward to using. I've not yet unlocked everywhere yet, but so far I'm enjoying it. there's also no TamaTomo to collect on this version, but there are 'Happy/Lucky Items'; I'll be honest though, I'm not entirely sure what they are right now! still figure this Tama out!

Hope this helps a little bit and that you get yourself a new Tama soon! =)

So I just ordered both the 4u and the Mix today. You said you can't get all the locations on mix without connecting to other mix devices? Is there a way around this? I hope I can get all the content.

I'd there tama meetup? Or maybe ship your tama to someone else? (Hopefully they wouldn't steal your's)

So I just convinced my friend to get a mix to. Can you unlock the zones by connecting to one other mix three times?

I'm assuming that it'll work fine if you connect one of each mix version, a space and a melody tamagotchi. And what you'll unlock? I believe it's the mermaid and something else, so two locations. Pardon my ignorance, I'm not 100% related with the names/terms.

Like JesterxLady said, the two locations you need, influence other parts of the game. Loosing 25% of the game, including characters, which is kind of part of the purpose of the tamagotchi, raising a sandbox character. But if you friend agrees, that should work fine.

For anyone who reads this article, and has the same question as myself, on what to choose. I've concluded that if you can't choose between a Mix (due to the price of a Anniversary, or a regular one due to the missing locations) and the Idl (which seems to be the most popular, because it cover general requirements of entertainment) the 4u plus, seems to be the middle ground of both. But really at the end of the day, it's up to you.

(P.S. you need an NFC enabled tablet/ phone for 4u/+)

Hello there!

I have had a Tamagotchi iD L and currently using a 4U, but I don't have a Mix. From what I see, from TamaTalk to other social media, I think it is depending on what you want.

If you want to do more stuff with your Tamagotchi, I will chose iD L, because as you said, there is gardening, school, and work from the Tamagotchi ID L.

But if you want something personal (just like you said), has good graphics, and other special features that other Tamagotchis don't have, then I'd say why don't you go for the Tamgotchi Mix?

Still, no matter which one you chose, you'll still need to take care of it! :D

Hope you found this helpful!

Tomodatchi_Lovely
isn't school and work is on P's? I can't find work and school on my iDL (English)

Last edited by a moderator:
In Tama M!x Sanrio are all the location unlocked just as in the M!x anniversary one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back