iD L or P or 4U+ or M!X ? (GF present part 2...)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vree

Reaction score
So yeah you may have seen my other topic.

Long story short my girlfriend dit a 180 and wants a color version.

But which one to get? Which has the most features without downloads and is the most enjoyable without japanese knowledge?

I read about the Idl being avaible in elgish but super expensive so yeah....

And that the P can be patched with an old windows version and infrared port. Wich is troublesome not even mentioning al the add-ons.

So yeah help me out here xD

I would recommend P's for the content. Also, you can use Windows 10 to do IRDA. And the adapters are fairly cheap. 4U works with quite a few Android Phones for easy downloadable content. M!X easily beats every tamagotchi in raw character count, thanks to it's M!X Feature. The iD L has no form of english patch unlike the P's and 4U, so you'll have to find an English one or stay japanese. Here's a quick summary of some info I gathered.

Pros/Cons

P's Massive amount of content. Easily downloadable English Patch that works for almost everything. / Eats batteries like its life depends on it. (Well, it does)

4U Pretty simple. The characters are cute. App allows a boatload of content to be added on. / English Patch is still somewhat incomplete. Not very much built in content. Can be a bit hard to find info.

M!X Massive amount of characters thanks to the M!X feature. / Some characters can look a bit weird. No english patch. Not much information available.

iD L Fairly large amount of content. Pocket Designer allows on-the-go content creation and there's the ability to make your own stuff with PC software.. / English version is expensive.

If you're still trying to decide, I really like the M!x. Getting to see all the combinations of characters is really rewarding, and it's the only tamagotchi I've had where I've played through so many generations. The games are also really fun, and there are a ton of locations to visit. The relationship system is really cool too, and way more interesting than the matchmaker system in my opinion.

If English is a dealbreaker, there are some U.S. websites that sell English patched versions of the P's. I have both, but I prefer the M!x because it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it and there's more of a motivation to keep playing through multiple generations.

If she's played a tamagotchi before, even though it's in Japanese, the M!x is fairly intuitive. Also, the graphics are amazing, and the screen feels a lot bigger than other color tamas.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back